Poll: Skyrim- Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Claptrap

Nov 18, 2009
No, The blades are kind of assholes in this game and even if you do kill him that's it, The blades don't even have more of a questline.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I killed Paarthurnax as a simple logical choice. A risk-management move. I'm a mortal, and the only one who can kill Paarthurnax, and Paarthurnax is a very powerful dragon who may not be able to control his evil nature after I'm gone.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I couldn't attack the Dovakiin's version of Yoda. He was basically your Jedi master. He taught you the fire breath shout(giving of his own soul in the process) and led you down the path to learning dragonrend. Plus he totally meditated on Yol with me, that counts for something, right? In all Parthurnax was too cool and Delphine too demanding of my loyalties. I can't kill the leader of an order whose main responsibility is to be a source of knowledge for me and my kind(Tiber Septim, et cetera).

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Why should I listen to the blades again? The ones that sent me into the Thalmar embassy and made me an enemy of the Dominion because they thought that the elves were bringing the dragons back...and it turns out THEY WEREN'T!? Yeah, after that I don't trust the Blades' judgement, they were lucky I didn't skewer them when they marches up to me and flat out demanded that I killed the guy who taught me Dragonrend.

BiggyShackleton

Nov 15, 2008
I didn't get the quest until after endgame and by that point Paarthurnax was a fulltime bro. If I could have it my way I would wipe out Delphine for being a douchebag and the Greybeards just because I want their sweet robes. Esbern can stay because he's Max von Sydow.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
That's when I told the Blades to fuck off. I don't need their help (at least the help I didn't steal). I was a little surprised they refused to help me, especially since I gave them a headquarters WITH MY OWN BLOOD! Worse, they told me that after I defeated Alduin and decided to pay them a visit.

Besides, Parthunaax is the best chance of stopped the dragon attacks permanently.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
No, I couldn?t bring myself to do it, he had redeemed himself. The Blades may have helped The Empire and me in the past but?

Spygon

May 16, 2009
No i did not kill paarthurnax people seem to forget how often he put his own life on the line.He first teaches humans the Thu'um that if the humans failed to stop alduin the dragons would have tore him apart and proberly made him their slave.

Then he meets the dragonborn while most of skyrim is overrun by dragons he could have easily just took you out and said alduin i have killed the dragon born you can wipe out the humans now.

But no he has risked his life and stood by the mer races so many times.Also if any other dragons are out there and they find out that the humans killed parrthurnax a dragon that helped them.Are any of the other dragons going to try to reform nope because they will know if they do the mer races will kill them anyway.

Delphine is a wannabe blade in my eyes the blades did not exist after they were disolved by the
emperor.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
XMark said:
I killed Paarthurnax as a simple logical choice. A risk-management move. I'm a mortal, and the only one who can kill Paarthurnax, and Paarthurnax is a very powerful dragon who may not be able to control his evil nature after I'm gone.
No, you are not the only one who can kill him. Dragons can be killed just like any other creature. You are the only one who can kill him in such a way that Alduin cannot revive him. Given that Paarthunax has been Alduins enemy for centuries, that is not likely.

Killing Paarthunax is riskier, as there is no-one else to pacify the remaining dragons.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I've always viewed Paarthunax as Dovah kind's last hope of being redeemed. I mean, if he overcame the violence instilled in him by his brother, why couldn't other dragons? I foresee mortalkind and dragons one day coexisting.

I wasn't aware of the scene of him after defeating Alduin, so it seems my suspicions are correct; Paarthunax is the leader dovah kind needs to steer them to a path of peace and wisdom. I refuse for this reason to believe the dragons are really born violent. I mean Alduin's father, after all, is GOD(one of). He's the first dragon, and the same guy who banished Mehrunes Dagon.

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
I killed him as he said that he was always going to be struggling with this and i thought it was better to end it there

that said it was the hardest thing i ever had done in the game!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I really think the whole "dragons are inherently evil" thing as utter BS instilled into the world by Alduin and the dragon cult after millenia of domination over the world. They were told it so much, and their society expected it of them so much, the dragons came to believe it.

Again, using Akatosh, god of time and creator of dragons and savior of tamriel and (when physically manifested) a dragon himself as my citation for the pure and good origin of dragons.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
AntiChri5 said:
XMark said:
No, you are not the only one who can kill him. Dragons can be killed just like any other creature. You are the only one who can kill him in such a way that Alduin cannot revive him. Given that Paarthunax has been Alduins enemy for centuries, that is not likely.

Killing Paarthunax is riskier, as there is no-one else to pacify the remaining dragons.
Not even that, you're propably not the only dragonborn running around.

Ask the greybeards about it, dragonborn have just become quite rare and you only notice you're one if you hang around recently slain dragons so it's not unreasonable to assume there are more around. You're just the only "known" one at the time.

Terrara

Jul 1, 2011
DANGER OF SPOILERS but the title itself is a spoiler so...
"Choose, Dovahhkin, you are either with or against us..."
You: send me on a false trail to act as a spy on your behalf(old habits die hard?)
You: send me to look for a demented old man.
You: are the reason I get attacked by Talmore every hour through the campaign
You: tell me to choose sides AND threaten to abandon me in case I don't act as a loyal dog ('cause I really need two demented old man to PROTECT ME)
You: send me to the said dragon to learn the shouts...
You: treat dovah as if they are beast and not intelligent (although mostly vey destructive) being, much wiser then you
You do not give me anything apart from "good advice" to go fight the big bad dragons
Paarthurnax: teaches me how to breathe fire/helps me fight his brother Alduin/teaches me how to summon a dragon/does not ask for anything in return/upgrades shouts
Paarthurnax: Sees the conflict on both sides, still weeps for his brother while understanding that his path was wrong
Paarthurnax: was the one who taught first dovahkiin how to Shout
Paarthurnax: "Is it better to be born "good" or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

FusRoDah b****, I can just steal Dragon's Bane.

Shadows Risen

Nov 1, 2011
Didn't kill him and wasn't even tempted. He's the last hope of the Dovah being peaceful and taught the Nords Thu'um in order to stop Alduin. He then proceeds to teach you, help you learn Dragonrend and even fight Alduin, his own brother, himself with you.

...so was I hell gonna kill over some ancient blood-feud the Blades have against all dragons and some crimes he committed milennia ago.

rankfx

Jul 24, 2010
Delphine is a pain in the ass and I certainly wouldn't kill Paarthurnax because she told me to. That said, it's likely that, dragons living forever, something will probably happen and Paarthurnax would be killed and a power hungry dragon would take his place. But I believe that Paarthurnax is the dragons only real chance for peace, so if you kill him, you've gotta kill 'em all.

Maybe a better thread would be "which side did you join in the civil war?"

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
The thing about skyrim, I don't know if it's just me, but they managed to make it so I hated EVERY SINGLE FACTION in the game. So whoever I sided with I felt like a douche for doing so. The Graybeards are bastards, for not helping skyrim, but the blades are just dicks anyway (In this game at least) So I thought fuck it, one less annoying faction in my way, and killed 'im.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
The blades were dicks, Paarty was going to teach the other dragons to be peaceful and was helpful and nice. Also genocide isn't cool.