Poll: Skyrim - Echanted Item Names

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
Lilani said:
AidoZonkey said:
Dragon Sword= Your It
Your it what?
Yeah Your It. I got bored one day and decided to play hide and seek in Skyrim, so I created a sword that caused paralysis for 30 seconds, hit someone with it and ran away and hide.
That was the sword, I also had to say "your it" whenever I hit someone.

I was really bored

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
"Stabby McStabbing Stabber" - Maxed out Daedric sword
"Not So Tough Now Eh Dragon" - Maxed out Heavy Dragon Armour
"Bob" - Maxed Out Daedric Warhammer
"Yes I Know I'm Cheating" - Maxed out Daedric bow
"Tapdancing On Al" - Maxed out (Stealth!) Light Dragon Armour Boots (Al = Aluminum, not Chevy Chase, though both fit quite well)
"This Won't Hurt A Bit" - another Maxed out Daedric Warhammer
"Falmer Helm Of Cheating" - Maxed out Falmer Helm with Alchemy or Archery, cuz yea, love that exploit

etc.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Mostly, it depends on my mood. Sometimes I go with simple names such as "Armor of..." or "Blade of..." followed by the character's name.

Sometimes I go more for ridiculous names, such as Daedric Gauntlets made using exploits to deal preposterous unarmed damage, named "Fists of The Blood-erfly".

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
AidoZonkey said:
Lilani said:
AidoZonkey said:
Dragon Sword= Your It
Your it what?
Yeah Your It. I got bored one day and decided to play hide and seek in Skyrim, so I created a sword that caused paralysis for 30 seconds, hit someone with it and ran away and hide.

I was really bored
Was the misuse of the contraction intentional? 'Cuz I'd love to use "Your It" for a Paralyze weapon on an online PVP server with lots of Grammar Nazi's, just to troll them.

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
Tono Makt said:
AidoZonkey said:
Lilani said:
AidoZonkey said:
Dragon Sword= Your It
Your it what?

I was really bored
Was the misuse of the contraction intentional? 'Cuz I'd love to use "Your It" for a Paralyze weapon on an online PVP server with lots of Grammar Nazi's, just to troll them.
I didnt realize that I spelt it wrong, but I wouldn't suggest it to troll unless you know they are going to come looking for you. Its only fun if you can say "oh right you found me well done, I guess im it" then hit them with the sword again and say "your it"

and you cant let keep following one person, if they dont try and find you then move on, its trolling not griefing

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I've had a bunch of 'serious' names for various weapons and apparel of mine in Skyrim, but I remember getting sick of mages killing my very first character, so I went and made myself a ring with the Resist Magic enchant. I called it the "Ring of Fuck Mages". And it was a good day.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Zhukov said:
'Murder' - Right hand ebony dagger. Used for quietly cutting throats in cold blood.
Huh. I had a bow called Murder, on my assassin character.

I'm pretty sure I had a shield called Bulwark, and most of my other weapons and gear were winter themed. Ice, Frost, Blizzard, and so on.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
AidoZonkey said:
Tono Makt said:
AidoZonkey said:
Lilani said:
AidoZonkey said:
Dragon Sword= Your It
Your it what?

I was really bored
I didnt realize that I spelt it wrong, but I wouldn't suggest it to troll unless you know they are going to come looking for you. Its only fun if you can say "oh right you found me well done, I guess im it" then hit them with the sword again and say "your it"

and you cant let keep following one person, if they dont try and find you then move on, its trolling not griefing
Yeah, what you're meaning to say is "You're it", which is "You Are It". "Your it" is posessive; "Your dagger", "your sister", "your turn". "Your it" makes little sense because it means that "it" belongs to "you" - what is "it"? This is one of those things that drive people online crazy and is almost sure to cause a flame war when someone (grammar nazi!) flames someone else for their poor grammar. So doing it intentionally in a PVP server with Grammar Nazi's. Paralyze them for 30 seconds and let them stew on the misused contraction, drive them up the wall and then when they get free... do it again!

Mwhahahahahahaha!

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
AidoZonkey said:
Lilani said:
AidoZonkey said:
Dragon Sword= Your It
Your it what?

I was really bored
I know what you intended to do with it, I was just pointing out that the correct spelling would be "You're it" ;-)

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
It's been a while since I've played the game so the only one I can remember was a dragonbone bow I used, I called it the...

Dragonbowne.

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
The first messed up thing that comes into my head:
"Fists of Fisting"
"Armor of Child Molesting"
You get the idea.

DarkestBlue

Jul 17, 2011
ComandaKool said:
2: The Axe Of Mindnumbing Horror - Woodcutters Axe enchanted with Fear.
Should've called it Redrum..

OT: Mostly depends on how long I plan on using it for: if it's for 10 minutes before I get enough smithing to upgrade something else, or enough enchanting to make something better, than no. Otherwise hell to the ye-ah. (Currently using a crossbow enchanted with lightning damage called The Long Hand of Zeus, not exactly lore friendly, but thought it fitted)

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Back in Oblivion when there were stats I gave my armor stupid versions of cliche fantasy armor names.
For example, if I had a helmet that raised Intelligence, where the standard fantasy name would be "Helm of the wise" or some such, I called it the "Helm of Smart."
In Skyrim high-level enchanting is just a bit too overpowered for my taste, so I just don't bother.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
I figure, if all of the named magic items I find are the relics of long-gone heroes, some adventurer is going to find the stuff I made for myself. So I give it an appropriate name. "Cindershard" the fire-damage-dealing obsidian dagger, "Thunderstruck" the lightning-damage bow, and "Ardan's Bulwark" the blocking-enchanted shield spring to mind.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
I am kinda boring here but to make inventory managment better I do indeed name them pretty darn boring.

Steel Dagger of Soulstealing orso. Glass Sword of Fire

Obviously this means that the game will group them together with alphabetical sorting. Making things allot allot easier!

I did the same in Oblivion and it works a treat! Sorry it isn't "Shield of the winters blaze".

In the end yes those names look nice but with the standard items I already am not to happy. Naming wise!

RariShyZealot

May 31, 2011
I used to have a full set of Dwemer armour with matching Greathammer. Since it was my "main" character and the only one to meet the Greybeards (at the time) I named the hammer "Dov-Thu'um".

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
I name a lot of my gear, so I don't remember them all.

The three I do remember would be a two handed stalhrim sword dubbed Frostmourne and a pair of daggers called Plague and Pestilence. Plague drained health and stamina by ridiculous amounts while pestilence drained magic instead of stamina. That save also used powerful poisons too.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Weapons and jewelry yes, armor no, unless it's armor I wouldn't use in combat like if it's enchanted w/ fortify smithing.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
I didn't name stuff when I started, and regret it to this day, as I tend to keep all my gear for nostalgia sake. So each time I want to go with a different play style and swap some gear I have to dig through mountains of crap before I find my stuff.
That got a lot easier when I started naming stuff, Firefast Warrior set and rings for high fire resist and melee stats on Light armor. Berserker set for heavy armor 2handed stats, stuff like that.