Poll: Skyrim; Empire or. Rebels?

Stew Coard

Aug 14, 2011
all star wars comparisons aside, when you start playing Skyrim will you support the Nords fighting for independence or will you fight to preserve the empire? I'm not sure if they let the player join the rebels or the empire, but I imagine that you will makes some decisions that will affect the fate of the empire. Whatever happens, the Empire's fall or renewal will definitely be a an important issue in the game.

suxturdman

Jun 19, 2011
Wow, didn't even know that was part of the story but if I have to choose I'm going with the awesome Braveheart scream for FREEEDDOOOMMM!!!

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
I'm gunna be looking out for myself.
Maybe if they have something to further my 'cause I could offer my services...

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Freedom. I always thought the Empire, despite how long it lasted, was very dysfunctional. You can't lump in that many unique racial groups together and expect them to get along. I would think a confederacy of nation states would make more sense for Tamriel.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I'm...not sure.

I know that there's a civil war going on in Skyrim, but I'll have to play it first before I decide who I'll "side" with. (if you can "side" with anyone)

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
Rebels. The empire isn't very evil (as far as I'm aware), but it's hardly efficient or well-operated.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
First and foremost, I'm looking out for myself, but if I support any side, I'll base my judgements on the actions of both sides.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I really, really hope they don't make the empire evil. I'm getting so tired of that. Sometimes rebels aren't freedom-fighters against an oppressive government, sometimes they're just extremists.

So I'll be going with whoever I think is right, of course.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
I'd need to know more before I decided. Like what had the empire done for Skyrim in the time it had been integrated. I don't know what either group stands for beyond imperialism and independence so I can't really say.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
A life of consuming fiction has made it so I associate the world "Empire" with the word "evil". It's time to bring those bastards down.

Seriously, the beginning of Oblivion was like this:
Patrick Stewart: I am your Emperor
Me: I MUST STAB YOU! For the good of all people!

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
Well...I don't play as myself, I play as a character...so it would depend on who my character is. One character might support the empire, while a different one might support the rebels. I really can't say yet.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
I don't need to know more. There's just something about overthrowing a government that fills me with such glee. I guess I'm an anarchist at heart. I hope you get to lynch the emperor, that'd be sweet!