Poll: Skyrim: Twilight Edition (Vamp or Lycan?)

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
So, as werewolves and vampires are both confirmed for Skyrim, and since they both make you immune to disease (thus allowing only one or the other, barring cures, etc.), which will you prefer, if you prefer at all?

I myself tend to be more visceral with my first character, so I'll either go full werewolf, or possibly try and pull off a Monster Squad and try to eradicate them both.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Just out of curiosity, when and where were they confirmed? As for vampire or werewolf, meh, no idea.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Extermination, that is the answer! I like to imagine I am the character I make, and as much as I love the idea of the factions that becoming either of these creatures could provide, I prefer the idea of joining a 3rd faction of people like me that I relate too, and destroy the creatures that were designed to kill us! Then i'll be happy!

Lets just hope finding cures arn't as much as a ball-ache this time!

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
kman123 said:
Probably Werewolf. Being a Vamp wasn't that fun in Oblivion, and it'd be totally badass to sprint at full speeds as a werewolf.
I've seen it... and yes, it is indeed badass. If something came at me irl like they do in this game, I'd probably just bend over and kiss my ass goodbye.

selce

Nov 27, 2007
Even though oblivion didn't have much special features for vampires I'm hoping they learned their lesson with Skyrim, I however(at least on the first play won't be going either and will gut any I find.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
RuralGamer said:
Just out of curiosity, when and where were they confirmed? As for vampire or werewolf, meh, no idea.
I don't want to link anything, but a quick Google search of Skyrim news will help you out. Just trust me, they're confirmed.

Barring that, you could also check the official forums spoiler section.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
I've been trying my best to stay away from Skyrim until I have a PC that's capable on running it, but most defiantly both. It just matters on who I come across first. :p

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1211758p1.html

I'll be honest, I'm surprised they didn't go the Sims 2 Wookie route.

It looks cool, I guess.

Now I wonder what will stop one from being both, though.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Caligulust said:

It looks cool, I guess.

So I wonder what will stop one from being both, though.
As I said, being either grants you immunity to disease. Both lycanthropy and vampirism are diseases in TES.

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
King of the Sandbox said:
Caligulust said:

It looks cool, I guess.

As I said, being either grants you immunity to disease. Both lycanthropy and vampirism are diseases in TES.
I'll be honest, I only got the gist of what you were saying in the first post then looked for information to back it up.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Caligulust said:
King of the Sandbox said:
Caligulust said:

It looks cool, I guess.

I'll be honest, I only got the gist of what you were saying in the first post then looked for information to back it up.
No biggie. I actually respect people that look up info themselves instead of blindly following whatever any random person spouts. ;)

Badong

May 26, 2010
Going Werewolf will hopefully compliment my future stealth build, with its enhanced senses and strength. So yeah, I'd probably go Werewolf.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Badong said:
Going Werewolf will hopefully compliment my future stealth build, with its enhanced senses and strength. So yeah, I'd probably go Werewolf.
Vampires don't have these traits? Hmmm. Odd. It seems to me that vamps, hiding in plain sight and all, would be the best choice for stealthy types.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
Weird, I thought werewolves were confirmed to NOT be in it.
Pete Hines basically lied to try and keep them secret. It didn't work out too well, as you can see.