Poll: Sniper Elite V2 - Xbox 360 demo

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
To even consider buying it(I played the demo) I would want:

- Doors I can open/close, and the ability to go into all buildings, use allyways to go around, etc.

- Better stealth; the enemy should not be able to see me when I'm sitting in the shade, behind a wall, in a ruined building 200 meters away.
Shade/Light should make a difference.

- Perhaps the ability to put on enemy uniforms to improve the chances of infiltration?

- Making it possible to kill the priority target(s) without killing any of the normal soldiers

- Making normal soldiers confused or lose morale by killing (non-)commissioned officers

- etc.

EDIT: I want to be able to make trip mines using grenades. Those things are AWESOME.

Give me that and I'll but it.

Oh, and make his breathing less noisy. Has this guy never heard about nosebreathing?

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Davey Woo said:
I played on the hardest difficulty, with all the bullet 'physics' on and stuff, and it made no difference, I compensated for the wind, but the bullets still went exactly where my crosshair was aiming. I also shot a guy through the throat and he didn't die.
What game were you playing?

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
I tried out the demo on the PC via Steam.
These visceral, gory, bloody x-ray slow-motion kill-cams are incredibly satisfying, although I somehow felt sorry for that one guy I shot through the nuts when the game showed me the bullet punching through his genitalia in a volley of blood and unknown bodily fluids I wouldn't want to know the nature thereof, and ripping through his bollocks in glorious x-ray vision.
However, the bullet then came right out of his arse - I think it might be his left cheek, but I'm not one to really pay attention to that kind of detail - and ended up hitting his nearby brother-in-goosestepping's Model 24 Stielhandgranate, thus setting off the fuse and promptly blowing him, amongst with two other German troopers, to smithereens, in a shower of guts, blood, shit, piss, tears and also semen.

TL;DR It was fucking hilarious. I want to buy this game, but I'll just wait for it to release, for the devs to iron out a few odd issues such as the AI being either clueless gits or omniscient, psychic killing machines.

I'm kind of proud of this post. It's been quite a while since I wrote anything even remotely as long as this.

Mr Companion said:
Not being able to tell if the soldier you hunt is clever or stupid is kinda refreshing actually, not all soldiers are the same. And better yet their patrol routs are not locked just like in real life.
Oh, I didn't notice that thing about the patrol routes. I just thought they'd just go around in circles around a designated area or go forward into the street before I destroyed all their apparatus for procreation. Maybe it was because my trigger finger was getting itchy.

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
James Crook said:
I tried out the demo on the PC via Steam.
These visceral, gory, bloody x-ray slow-motion kill-cams are incredibly satisfying, although I somehow felt sorry for that one guy I shot through the nuts when the game showed me the bullet punching through his genitalia in a volley of blood and unknown bodily fluids I wouldn't want to know the nature thereof, and ripping through his testicles in glorious slow-motion, x-ray vision.
However, the bullet then came right out of his arse - I think it might be his left cheek, but I'm not one to really pay attention to that kind of detail - and ended up hitting his nearby brother-in-goosestepping's Model 24 Stielhandgranate, thus setting off the fuse and promptly blowing him, amongst with two other German troopers, to smithereens, in a shower of guts, blood, shit, piss, tears and also semen.

TL;DR It was fucking hilarious. I want to buy this game, but I'll just wait for it to release, for the devs to iron out a few odd issues such as the AI being either clueless gits or omniscient, psychic killing machines.

I'm kind of proud of this post. It's been quite a while since I wrote anything even remotely as long as this.

Mr Companion said:
Not being able to tell if the soldier you hunt is clever or stupid is kinda refreshing actually, not all soldiers are the same. And better yet their patrol routs are not locked just like in real life.
Oh, I didn't notice that thing about the patrol routes. I just thought they'd just go around in circles around a designated area or go forward into the street before I destroyed all their apparatus for procreation. Maybe it was because my trigger finger was getting itchy.
I approve of this glorious post, but I find it disheartening to be excited about a game that will probably disappoint on so many levels. :/

Also, nonexistent interest, mild interest and ballsacks are all even in the poll. O_O

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Played the demo and was not impressed. Also, the deepest pit of hell is reserved for those who enjoy hurting peoples' balls.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
zombieshark6666 said:
I approve of this glorious post, but I find it disheartening to be excited about a game that will probably disappoint on so many levels. :/

Also, nonexistent interest, mild interest and ballsacks are all even in the poll. O_O
Thank you for your consideration.
However, please consider the following: Exploding genitalia never disappoint.
Add that to everyone's favourite pastime - by that I mean murdering, slaughtering, maiming, and eviscerating Nazis - and you've got one hell of a meal. Warning though: it may contain nuts.
internetzealot1 said:
Played the demo and was not impressed. Also, the deepest pit of hell is reserved for those who enjoy hurting peoples' balls.
Well then I'll gladly go to Hell for hurting the testicles of binary goosetepping jackboot-wearing prats.
I hope they serve beer. Läger, thank you very much.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Seems like something that could satisfy a run through if it was about 8 hours, maybe less, for a bargain price or a rental if it had co-op.

It seems fun but not anywhere close to what's already out and could be picked up cheaper, would much prefer to play an older Medal of Honour and just use snipers.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
John the Gamer said:
To even consider buying it(I played the demo) I would want:

- Doors I can open/close, and the ability to go into all buildings, use allyways to go around, etc.

- Better stealth; the enemy should not be able to see me when I'm sitting in the shade, behind a wall, in a ruined building 200 meters away.
Shade/Light should make a difference.

- Perhaps the ability to put on enemy uniforms to improve the chances of infiltration?

- Making it possible to kill the priority target(s) without killing any of the normal soldiers

- Making normal soldiers confused or lose morale by killing (non-)commissioned officers

- etc.

EDIT: I want to be able to make trip mines using grenades. Those things are AWESOME.

Give me that and I'll but it.

Oh, and make his breathing less noisy. Has this guy never heard about nosebreathing?
If you zoom in long enough with your binoc´s you will see what kind of rank your target has.
There are alot of alleyways and ways around you just have to look.
When you fire a shot make sure noone is looking because when an enemy is looking at you and you fire a shot they will see a bright muzzle flash.
Shade and light does make a difference but when they see you fire a shot the muzzle flash is incredibly bright.
Make sure noone sees the guy drop and fire from LONG range so they cant hear you.
That is basically it.
Also never stay at a firing position after firing a shot cause they will see you.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
DazZ. said:
Seems like something that could satisfy a run through if it was about 8 hours, maybe less, for a bargain price or a rental if it had co-op.

It seems fun but not anywhere close to what's already out and could be picked up cheaper, would much prefer to play an older Medal of Honour and just use snipers.
There is a coop mode where you have one sniper and another spotter the sniper has to provide covering fire while the spotter completes missions.
If you play on pc the pc version will be self published and will come with a pc exclusive team deathmatch mode and much more.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Sounds like they didn't fix any of the problems with the first game. Figures

zombieshark6666 said:
- AI is unpredictable Enemy soldiers can be omniscient or braindead, depending on the situation. They sometimes move from cover to cover back and forth until you shoot them or just know exactly where you are for no apparent reason.
I played the first game for the first time a few months ago and this was the thing that I hated the most. Not enough to not finish the game but when someone asks for a recommendation this is what I talk about the most. There was even one level where you start the level with a few enemies 200m away and around a corner alerted to your position. You can run to the other side of the map before they round the corner and they will still track you down no matter what.

It's really disappointing that they apparently didn't fix it. Decent AI is essential in a game like this.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
rolfwesselius said:
John the Gamer said:
If you zoom in long enough with your binoc´s you will see what kind of rank your target has.
There are alot of alleyways and ways around you just have to look.
When you fire a shot make sure noone is looking because when an enemy is looking at you and you fire a shot they will see a bright muzzle flash.
Shade and light does make a difference but when they see you fire a shot the muzzle flash is incredibly bright.
Make sure noone sees the guy drop and fire from LONG range so they cant hear you.
That is basically it.
Also never stay at a firing position after firing a shot cause they will see you.
The demo does not allow ANY of that. And the binoculars thing is worthless. And you can NOT go through the demo without killing. I tried. There is only ONE way you can go. All possible allyways are blocked be rubble or doors. It also does not help that the 'cover your shot with the noise of an artillery impact' is not implemented in the demo. So they'll hear you all the time no matter what you do.

It's still a pretty fun demo to play though. It just isn't enough to make me spend 50 euros on it.

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
Reviews are in. They're not great, as expected, but they feel so rushed, it's hard to get anything from them. Useless "reviewers", you.

[sarcasm]I hope they spend 3 or 4 pages on the next CoD expansion shitty remake, at least.[/sarcasm]