Poll: So... Assassin's Creed Female protagonist leaked. No Multiplayer. Now do you care?

Morti

Aug 19, 2008
Wait... brother and sister? I haven't played the latest ones but I presume that Desmond is still the thing that links the series? How can they both be his ancestor? Are we in for some romance that would interest the Lannisters?

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Captain Marvelous said:
It's been a while since we've had a female protagonist in AC.
You play a female in Chronicles : China. It came out two(maybe three) weeks ago. As a heads up.

Feb 26, 2014
Seth Carter said:
Captain Marvelous said:
You play a female in Chronicles : China. It came out two(maybe three) weeks ago. As a heads up.
Yeah, I played that game. It completely slipped my mind. The game was pretty underwhelming. The manner in which Ubisoft told the story made it excruciatingly boring.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Captain Marvelous said:
Seth Carter said:
Captain Marvelous said:
Yeah, I played that game. It completely slipped my mind. The game was pretty underwhelming. The manner in which Ubisoft told the story made it excruciatingly boring.
Ah yes, I turned off the plot in my brain about midway through (and started making Hellraiser jokes on my stream of it). The whole "Give the templars the artefact so they imprison you so you can break out anyways" thing just confused me. The gameplay was pretty solid for ten bucks though, a bit of an excess of tutorials aside. Which we should add to the "Ubisoft game" tropes, new mechanics tutorials that go through 80% of a game.

On the "How do you have ancestors who are brother/sister without squick" front. Even back in AC1 they've had other subjects, including Abstergo employees, so they could just be pulling DNA from wherever at this point (since they don't need a living host anymore since Black Flag)

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
WhiteNachos said:
Rebel_Raven said:
I just want confirmation of a playable female assassin. That will determine the rest of my interest.
Why? Why do you care that much about the gender of a person that doesn't actually exist?
Preference as a player, relating better to the character, more visually appealing, a point of view that isn't the straight white guy's, lots of reasons. Also tired of seeing white guys taking the lead, and people defending it to the death by questioning anything but the white guy lead.
Options are nice. It's not like there isn't a white guy lead. He just shares the spotlight.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
If it has good gameplay, and good story, and no major bugs, then... well, I'll wait a while to make absolutely sure, and then I'll wait a little bit longer for a price drop, and then I'll get it. Seriously, after everything they've managed to screw up this past year, I really don't expect this to be any good. I'm willing to be surprised on that count, but I don't expect to be.

Honestly, so many games have been disappointing in one way or another recently, I'm being cautious about games I'd normally have very few doubts about, like the Witcher. It's coming out in less than a week, the previous game was great, it all looks good, the company has a good track record, I get to hear Charles Dance speak words; everything I'd want, but I'm waiting to get people's reactions on it before I jump.

I don't expect this to last though - I bet E3 will come around, announce everything I've ever wanted, and I'll be right as rain. Good times.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
It's cool to see a female star in a big budget AAA game, but it's not enough to make me buy the game. I pretty much despise AC and Ubisoft and I'm not really a fan of the modern Action/Adventure AAA genre these days. If I want to play an action game I usually prefer something that's actually challenging, because I'm not going to get anything else out of it. AC isn't really know for its compelling story/characters (besides Ezio I guess).

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Unless they do another AC2 and fix all the problems with Unity, I'm not getting mt hopes up. Plus it sounds like they added the female assassin grudgingly after they got torn to shreds for not having the ability to have a female assassin in Unity.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Nope, AC should just be strung up to die and be forgotten. The franchise is a lost cause to me now.

SonicMTD

Intergalactic Sex Demon
Oct 21, 2008
Toronto, Ontario.
Country
Canada
If it's one thing I learned from doing a dual live stream of Unity/Rogue is that I stopped caring after Black Flag.

The only way I would buy AC Syndicate at full price is if

A) It gets a good reception from the public.

or

B) I have to review it.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Aiddon said:
Unless they do another AC2 and fix all the problems with Unity, I'm not getting mt hopes up. Plus it sounds like they added the female assassin grudgingly after they got torn to shreds for not having the ability to have a female assassin in Unity.
Oh? Where is that implied? because so far I don't think they have really said anything about it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The last Assassin's Creed I enjoyed was 2 and the last one I played was 3. I didn't care enough to play the side-stories and I'm sure as Hell not going to buy a next-gen console to play another Ass-creed. Nice to see that they decided to add in a female protagonist but I just don't have fun with that series of games. Watch_Dogs 2 on the other hand is something I may possibly be interested in.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I only started the Sassy Creed series like, two months ago and just recently finished Rogue (awesome) last week. Honestly, I don't mind the annual release thing, I like the games even if Brotherhood was crap and III was a loud "meh" but not terrible.

I will eventually play Unity once my PC is done being upgraded and then will probably get onto Syndicate. That being said, Syndicate looks like the absolute least interesting one to date. Dishonored without magic, the industrial revolution was dull, filthy and brown, and it looks like it's going to be another class warfare "Yay poor people, boo Aristos" story that we've played or seen in films about 100000000 times at this point.

Furthermore, since Black Flag and Rogue take place in modern day Montreal at Abstergo Entertainment, we know that nothing we do will stop the Templars. Nothing in Syndicate can possibly be achieved that won't be undone between it's setting and whenever the Hell the Templars decide to pack up and set up shop in Montreal.

Ronald Nand

Jan 6, 2013
It seem like the female protagonist thing will work the same way it worked in Gat Out of Hell. I imagine you can freeroam as the male or female assassin and certain missions will only be available to the male or female assassin. My biggest worry about the female assassin is that she'll end like Kinzie in Gat Out of Hell, completely ignored by the main plot with it assuming you play as the male assassin.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ishigami said:
Okay it was surprising and they almost had me... almost.
She is supposed only playable for about 25% of the game while the focus is clearly is on Jacob that is a cop out if I ever saw one. Nope I don't buy it.
Somehow this doesn't suprise me. I recently played "Saints Row: Gat out of Hell" which lets you play as Johnny Gat or Kinzie Kensington and can switch out whenever you want. Unfortunatly, almost all of the cutscenes, missions briefings and ending focus exclusivly on Johnny and act like Kinzie doesn't exist.

What makes this worse is that Johnny's one defining character trait is that he's a charismatic sociopath whose only hobby is killing people and despite hogging the limelight, he doesn't get any sort of character developmnent in game.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
If I base thing on Ubisoft's track record, there's a released broken game with a new engine during one year and released better game the year after. However, I did learn to not trust track records. I was pretty die hard about AC until a new gen was released. I want to try Unity, but I'm not willing to pay something over 40$ for it.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I put the controller down at the end of Brotherhood after killing the Magical Pope and thought to myself that I had gotten everything out of the series that I could ever ask for.

I have not bought or cared about any of the games in the franchise since.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
The multiplayer was the best part about Unity, why ditch that? The co-op missions were pretty funny, no matter if you went into them with crazy randoms and just enjoyed the mayhem go down or if you went in with a coordinated team of friends and tried for flawless execution. I mean, they were certainly more funny than most of the single player missions.