Poll: So hypothetically , if heaven and hell exists , where do you think you'll be sent?

ninetails593

Nov 18, 2009
MaxwellEdison said:
ninetails593 said:
MaxwellEdison said:
If we're going by the Bible? Hell.
If we're going by what is just? Hell's pretty damn empty.
Apparently OP's wishes to keep this thread off of religious debates are being squashed by certain assholes...
Hell is different depending on who is talking about it, since it's based in belief.
So I gave two answers - one based on a literal interpretation of the Bible, and one based in my own belief.

I'm sorry that you think I'm an asshole for stating that I don't think many people would go to Hell, but I felt like it was needed to answer the question completely.
Well I'm sure it was just phrased oddly, but the way you say it makes it seem like you're saying that according to the Bible we're all horrible sinners, but according to what's actually right nobody would be in Hell. I probably read it weirdly, and I overreacted, sorry :p

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
My soul's gonna burn, in a lake of fire. Probably along with virtually every other person.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
The only sin that is unforgivable in religions that have a heaven in hell is apostasy, so I'd be going to hell.

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Apparently I'm supposed to go to hell, just like the rest of us filthy LGBT+. Doesn't seem like I'll get a choice in the matter, no matter how many lives I save or improve.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Well, that depends. Whose rules are we following here in order to get into one or the other?

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
I took 5 levels in the Dragon Disciple prestige class so I'm ok with going to hell

Besides... There aren't any RP groups in heaven. Only old grumpy folk and people that start threads in the R&P forums

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm going to heaven, since luckily for me it turns out that God's opinion is that doing all the things I did during my lifetime is the ultimate good. Helping people the days when I helped them, taking the buses I took, doing the selfish things I did -- all of these things are regarded as good by God, it'll turn out.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Do4600 said:
The only sin that is unforgivable in religions that have a heaven in hell is apostasy, so I'd be going to hell.
You're also going to hell for necroing this thread.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Okay . Who raised my old thread from the dead ? *stares at Do4600*

OT: well on my own topic , i don't remember what i said in the OP , but i'm definately going to hell .

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Speakercone said:
According to Judaism, Sheol and because I'm a gentile I'll stay there.
You may be surprised there. Though Judaism did basically rip off the Greeks with Sheol being Hades, as long as you roughly follow the Laws of Noah:

1. Prohibition of Idolatry
2. Prohibition of Murder
3. Prohibition of Theft
4. Prohibition of Sexual immorality
5. Prohibition of Blasphemy
6. Prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive
7. Establishment of courts of law

Then you are a 'Righteous Gentile' and get a place in the closest thing to a Jewish heaven. Since most of those are fairly easy to follow, and that the sexual immorality one is surprisingly lenient, you're probably safe if the Jews are right.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Da Orky Man said:
Speakercone said:
You may be surprised there. Though Judaism did basically rip off the Greeks with Sheol being Hades, as long as you roughly follow the Laws of Noah:

2. Prohibition of Murder
3. Prohibition of Theft

Then you are a 'Righteous Gentile' and get a place in the closest thing to a Jewish heaven. Since most of those are fairly easy to follow, and that the sexual immorality one is surprisingly lenient, you're probably safe if the Jews are right.
The blasphemy one might be a pain. I know I've broken it, I've called God an arsehole on multiple occasions, due to stuff like flooding the world and killing almost everyone (which in my book counts as a dick move), or that thing where he turned Lot's wife to salt (I mean, what the hell? What bizarre kind of divine wrath is that?). Also, apparently, according to Mark 3:29, blasphemy is also completely unforgiveable, so there's no chance I'm getting into Christian heaven.

Jan 27, 2011
Depends on how vengeful God actually is.

TBH, I don't know. I'm a truly kind, gentle loving person, but I have a few faults that I indulge in wholeheartedly. Not worthy of heaven (unless I spent a couple thousand years in purgatory, maybe), not bad enough for hell.

And this is in fact one of the reasons I no longer believe in heaven or hell. I mean...where the heck do you draw the arbitrary line that determines who goes where?

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Heaven. I've never hurt anyone, I'm a nice guy according to most people, I had a shit life but I turned out all right. I rarely do anything out of lust or greed, and if I do I'll stop unless I see something more. I think my worst sin is a lil' bit of lust but I've pseudo-confessed and I do a little repentin' every now and again... What?

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I'm kind of a misanthropic asshole. Nice to people I don't know just because I have to, but the whole, "repenting for sins in your heart" isn't going to work for me because pre-marital sex is kind of awesome.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
According to most Christian doctrine I am going to hell, I have done or still do all seven of the Cardinal sins as well as some very nasty things in my past. I have done some decent things too, I also try to treat people fairly and decently and I am a firm believer and advocate of equality and Human rights. I have also broken nearly all of the ten commandments, I have never killed anyone or made "false witness" but the rest of them I have.

I would probably go to hell for each of the other major denominations, In Islamic terms that would mean I would have to drink boiling water and be bitten by venomous donkeys. Hindu hell (Naraka) is where you get punished for your sins before being sent back to Earth to try again.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
If we are doing this on the underpinnings of actual morallity, Heaven is the more likely of the two.
If we are basing it off of a religious thing, Hell, all the freakin' way.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
opeth1989 said:
ziggydk said:
well i AM a atheist. so that will be a one way ticket to hell for me
What this guy said. We atheist are pretty much all screwed if we end up being wrong about this.
Aye it will be a case of well I'm dead - shit why can I still think of stuff? Does that mean I was wrong about the whole religion thing? Oh fuck ...

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Redingold said:
Da Orky Man said:
Speakercone said:

2. Prohibition of Murder
3. Prohibition of Theft

The blasphemy one might be a pain. I know I've broken it, I've called God an arsehole on multiple occasions, due to stuff like flooding the world and killing almost everyone (which in my book counts as a dick move), or that thing where he turned Lot's wife to salt (I mean, what the hell? What bizarre kind of divine wrath is that?). Also, apparently, according to Mark 3:29, blasphemy is also completely unforgiveable, so there's no chance I'm getting into Christian heaven.
That is something I've wondered about. I was always told that there as only ever one unforgivable, eternal sin, but looking through the Bible it seems that every other action is totally unforgivable.

Jayemsal

Dec 28, 2012
krazykidd said:
First of all , this ISN'T a religious debate, I don't care if your atheist or buddist or catholic. This is a Hypothetical question . So we are going to assume that Heaven and Hell exists for the sake of the thread. Also purgatory doesn'T count , it's one or the other.

Now if heaven and hell exists , and you were to suddenly die right now , where do you think you'll be sent and why ?

Personally i would be sent to hell, i have done ( and argubly still doing ) some terrible things in the past. Sure i'm not a murderer or a rapist nor am i a pedophile, but i have done quite a few repulsive things in my lifetime .
You need to be specific about the version of heaven.

If I'm expected to worship some egotistical douche for eternity, I'll take Hell, at least it wouldnt be boring.