Poll: So I just met my lesbian neighbors...

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
I sort of know the two beside me. One of them I wave to every now and then and the other one has a daughter that used to have a crush on me so I sorta knew her. Everyone else I don't know at all really.

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
I've lived here for over a decade. My grandmum lives across the street, though a bit further down the road, so not really a neighbour. When I first moved here, I used to sort of get along with the old lady next door, but by now I've even forgotten her name. She seems to still be a relatively nice person, but her child and grandchild and greatgrandchild(atleast I think that's what they are) live with her so I haven't spoken to her in years, nor would I really care to.

I don't really care about people who surround me, I don't care whether or not I know 'em. I don't see why one has to get to know all their neighbours, theres just no real point to it, I mean people generally do find friends they share interests with, rather than just settling for the people who live next door, which used to be more or less the only option, but simply isn't nowadays. Frankly, I'd rather live alone in an anonymous apartment in a relatively large building in the central district, but at the moment that just isn't doable.

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
Well the rest of my family seem to know them all but I only know a few. Maybe i spend to much time inside?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Nah, not really.

Then again, most of the hood is old people getting ready to die and the rest are basically illegals and renters.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I met most of them, but I don't know them well at all, it's all just names and faces to me.

Also met two presumed lesbians a while back, was a very hot day and I was working outside with my shirt off, you could just see these 40+ women turn into giddy school girls as I shook their hand... makes me doubt peoples "lesbians" claim.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I do know most of my neighbors, strangely enough I don't know our immediate neighbors as well as the ones who live a few doors down the road. The ones I'm better friends with are the couple who live across the road.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I used to live in a one way street where I knew, by sight at least, most of my neighbours, and was on good terms with a couple of them. I've lived in my present house for maybe two years now, on a semi-major road, and I can honestly say that I don't know a single one of them.

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
I only know the neighbors to out left used to be friends with one of their kids a few years back, the old coupl on the other side passed away a few years back good people, new neighbors are noisy at odd hours usually really early in the morning and the new neighbors across the street just got a motorcycle and now I want to kill them you kids screaming is bad enough but letting your bike run for 15 minutes before you leave at 5 am is a real good way to piss people off. I don't know anything about most of my neighbors nor do I really care too I keep to myself.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
My only neighbour is a chip shop.
But we're kind of friendly with the owners, we used to get chips there every friday before they put the prices up. I still go sometimes for a saveloy.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
No. I'm not sure I even have neighbors. This is especially bizarre since I live in a student housing complex. I mean, there are other people in my building, I've just never seen or heard anything from the closest couple of rooms.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I can't say that I do where I'm living now.

Most of the houses in my estate are rented out so there're new people every few months.
Shame.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
I do not know any of my neighbors at all. I do not know their names nor do I know what they are like. I can't even name the car that they drive.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
My house is in the dead center of our street and we know the neighbors of the houses near us and a few houses down but on the far left end there are nothing but people who block the road with the their cars and sell drugs and on the far right is old people who peep outside their window every time you walk infront of their house.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
We speak occasionally in the street to some of our neighbours, not many though, and I know a small few fellow dog owners near my family's house because we've met on the nearby field when our dogs have played together. Otherwise, we only really 'know' properly one pair, our elderly next-door neighbours on one side. We get on with them so well that either my parents go to theirs for a drink and a chat occasionally, or the wife of the couple comes to ours, and indeed my parents have been visiting her regularly with her husband in the hospital recently after surgery because they get on so well.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Wouldn't class myself as knowing the neighbours. I recognise their faces, but that's about it.

Hubby's sister apparently knows one set of our neighbours from somewhere else - they friended him on facebook (but they'd never find my profile, even if I was still using it - not that I accept people I don't class myself as knowing).

Don't think any of the street came over to say "hi" at all. Not entirely bothered, but tis kinda sad. No real motivation from me to meet people, cos it's very unlikely that they'd be people I'd get along with. In online groups of people, even when it's mainly people from the UK, I very, very rarely meet anyone from the same county.

So yer... don't know anything else but faces.

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
I don't know anyone in my neighbourhood. I know that 80% of the people on my street are from either India or Pakistan. I belong to the small percentage of Europeans who live on this street. I don't really talk to them much.

The only two household I know anything about are my immediate neighbours. One is a house of very old Brits in which the husband has cancer that will probably claim him soon, if age doesn't. The other is an Indian family that is very loud on most days whose children keep harassing our cats. They just got one themselves, which is worrying. I also know that the woman of the house if veeeeeeeeeeeery lonely on the best of days.

Particulate

May 27, 2011
I recently moved into a larger home out on the outskirts of town. Previously I lived in a suburb and knew pretty much everyone that lived within three blocks of me. Now though my nearest neighbor is three hundred yards away and on the other side of a row of pine trees. I've met them once when they needed to borrow my chainsaw but beyond that we don't interact much.

Scrubiii

Apr 19, 2011
I know all of my neighbours.

Because I only have one. I live in the middle of no-where surrounded by fields with only one other house.