Poll: So I want to know which is more fun? P3P, Or FES

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
So I want an Unbiased opinion of someone who has played through both games, honestly which one is more fun? I heard P3P has more content and FES has the ability to use whatever weapon you want + walk around freely instead of the Visual Novel style of P3P

But which is more FUN, Which one did you enjoy more as you played through it. I'd assume P3P because of more content. But I want you guys to vote. Or state your case. Depending on peoples opinions I will play either FES or P3P

Also the games are Persona 3 Portable or P3 FES.

I own both, I want to know which one is more fun

if FES is more fun than I'll just play through that.

If P3P is more fun I'll just do another playtrhough

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
They are essentially the exact same game, but FES also has the additional "The Answer" campaign. The only thing P3P has in the way of extra content is the ability to play as a female (which honestly didn't change a lot to me) and cameos by Persona 4 characters and Vincent (yes, from Catherine). There are a few new Social Links if you play as a female but other than that not much is changed.

As someone who only played P3P, I'd say to get FES just for the fact that you will get an extra 20-25 hours of gameplay out of "The Answer" that isn't available with P3P. Whoever told you there is more content in P3P must be exaggerating a little bit.

However, P3P DOES have the option of controlling all of your party's actions, while you can only control the main character in FES. I'm sure that could be a deciding factor in your purchase.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
I'd say FES because I prefer the extra campaign over the gender change and little add-ons.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
I should clear this up, I have both games. I got them for free from a buddy.

I want to know, plainly for story of Persona 3

Which is more fun.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Since you have both.. The Answer is available at the start without clearing the game, isn't it? Play P3P and then do the expansion if you want a poor and unnecessary continuation of a perfect ending to an excellent game. Everyone starts acting bizarrely out-of-character and everything is kind of terrible. The playing time people are citing in the expansion is pure grind with very little story.

I had more fun with P3P, in case you were wondering.

Ranylyn

Nov 5, 2010
P3P

- Ability to control allies in battle
- Helpful changes (Not getting tired IN Tartarus, only when leaving do you get tired, for example)
- Has all FES additions BESIDES The Answer
- Female Character Playthrough is well handled for the most part
- Female character adds social links for your male party members as well, to flesh them out further

FES:

- More additions over P3, like Weapon Fusion.
- Added an "Aeon" (shows the judgment card) Social link for Aigis.
- Most notably, has "The Answer" which is extra content after the end of the main story. The Answer is the only FES content not found in P3P. It feeatures Aigis as the protagonist, and delves into things like the ending of P3 and why a certain person had to die, etc.

End result: Honestly, I wasn't that happy with The Answer. Youtubing the story is enough. But P3P literally doubles the playtime if you decide to try the female protagonist (who uses a Naginata, has different music, and has changed scenes, making it almost feel like an extra game.)

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
FES has more content. You walk around instead of just selecting where to go.

P3P lets you be a girl. And be in a kind-of-romantic relationship with the male characters.

I personally prefer FES, but I don't think any one is better than the other.

Ranylyn

Nov 5, 2010
waj9876 said:
FES has more content. You walk around instead of just selecting where to go.
In a LOT of games, I would agree completely.

But P3P isn't a a lot of games.

Due to the sheer repetition of the day to day events and of course, the ability to scroll much faster than you walk, the point and click nature of the School/Town segments of P3P is actually wondrously welcome. Telling at a glance if you can social link with your friend down the hall, for example, instead of needing to angle the camera in their direction, does save a good amount of time in the long run since the game spans roughly 10 months of game time, complete with school on Saturdays because lolJapan.

I won't lie. I often see things like quest menus, destination selectors, etc, as needlessly lazy and restricting exploration, but in P3P, it worked, and it worked WELL. You still explore Tartarus as normal, so streamlining the town content like this was not bad.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
mireko said:
Since you have both.. The Answer is available at the start without clearing the game, isn't it? Play P3P and then do the expansion if you want a poor and unnecessary continuation of a perfect ending to an excellent game. Everyone starts acting bizarrely out-of-character and everything is kind of terrible. The playing time people are citing in the expansion is pure grind with very little story.

I had more fun with P3P, in case you were wondering.
Off topic.

I honestly think that Erica is one of my favorite (videogame characters) (female?) You can probably guess why.

I'd go as far to say I have a crush on her. Lol.