Poll: So, is anyone here a werewolf or vampire in Skyrim?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I be of the werewolf variety. It is a lot of fun. I'm trying to catch vampirism on another character. The gameplay bonuses kind of suck, bu it is great from a RP perspective (vampirism).

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
Err... I have to be honest. I have absolutely NO idea how to gain either Lycantrophy or vampirism. I would love to be a werewolf, and I have heard you need to join the companions or something... I have joined them... I still don't have claws of razor doom... *Sadface is sad*

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I find Werewolf has the least amount of negatives. I'd hate to explore Skyrim in the dark most of the time. I may be biast from becoming a werewolf early on but the Silver Hand seem like a unorganized lot.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
dark-mortality said:
Err... I have to be honest. I have absolutely NO idea how to gain either Lycantrophy or vampirism. I would love to be a werewolf, and I have heard you need to join the companions or something... I have joined them... I still don't have claws of razor doom... *Sadface is sad*
It happens after the first major quest for the guild.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Both. I have a Werewolf character and a Vampire character.

Of course, I didn't realize the Vampire was a Vampire until I killed my 15th Whiterun Guard.

My bounty in Whiterun is over 23,000 now. And it was all in self defense. Also, Whiterun has too many goddamn guards and I have no idea how to cure the Vampirism.

Bruenin

Nov 9, 2011
Kopikatsu said:

Of course, I didn't realize the Vampire was a Vampire until I killed my 15th Whiterun Guard.

My bounty in Whiterun is over 23,000 now. And it was all in self defense. Also, Whiterun has too many goddamn guards and I have no idea how to cure the Vampirism.
feed on a sleeping person, you should have a invisiblity vampire ability, sneak into a house out in the field and bite them. Maybe one of those fishing shacks

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
I'm a werewolf. I don't plan on using the skill often, but I do occasionally pull it out when I'm in trouble. Werewolf was the most logical out of the two for me, because it has not a single negative when in human form and fully protects you from any kind of disease.

Vampire seems to suck from a gameplay perspective.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
I'm trying to become a vampire for the stealth bonus.
I suppose I'll have to feed before I go into a town though, so that could get me into some awkward situations.
I'm sure it will be worth it though, as my guy will be near invisible with a 160% bonus to his level 76 sneak skill.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Tried my hand at both, didn't like the vampirism because of the weakness to fire and abundance of giant flying lizards who like to use fire as an attack.
Being a werewolf didn't fit with my character style, so I cured that asap.

Doubt I'll make a vampire character in the future, but I'll definitely make a warrior werewolf.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Bruenin said:
Kopikatsu said:

feed on a sleeping person, you should have a invisiblity vampire ability, sneak into a house out in the field and bite them. Maybe one of those fishing shacks
I got the 'As the sun sets, you feel a hunger...' message and snuck up to a sleeping person in stealth mode, but when I tried to feed it just said ' has already caught you'. While they were sleeping. Every single person in Rorikstead gave me that message.

Behazard

Oct 12, 2011
I'm a werewolf too, seemed cool at first, but after using my beast form a couple of times I grew tired of it. And I really don't like to hear 'you smell like wet dog' everytime I walk through a town <_<

Now getting it cured as fast as I can..

Aug 20, 2011
Lycanthrope. Although it is becoming less and less useful since my magic and regular combat skills are actually more badass than the beast form now.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Svenparty said:
I find Werewolf has the least amount of negatives. I'd hate to explore Skyrim in the dark most of the time. I may be biast from becoming a werewolf early on but the Silver Hand seem like a unorganized lot.
You know, I would have actually liked to join the Silver Hand...there's actually very little interaction between the guilds as is, much less any conflict.

Davih

May 7, 2011
I'm a werewolf. The only benefit I have noticed is that if you shift into a werewolf you can run normal whilst being over-encumbered.

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
I am a werewolf because the game won't let me become un-werewolf. (kinda spoilers ahead, if it needs to be said).

I did the quest/event in which you toss the head into the fire and fight your ghost wolf. It rid me of my ability to turn into beat form. Despite this, however, my stats screen shows my days spent as a werewolf increasing. As well, I am unable to become "well-rested" while sleeping in an owned bed, although I do not get a message anymore that my beast blood kept me from getting a good night's sleep.

So I'm just going to finish up the game's story and spend my future characters doing some of the institutions I missed out on, like the Bard/Magic Colleges and the Brotherhood. Though this glitch(?) hasn't stopped me from putting 90-100 hours into it so far.

EDIT: I'd like to be neither, found that neither side presented any points worthwhile. I don't like being a werewolf for in-game story/lore related reasons, and being a vampire has more weaknesses than strengths for me to want to keep it up.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I picked up vampirism on my Dunmer because my Dunmer's build was stealth orientated. I used it in the very earliest few hours mainly because of the 25% sneak bonus. Once I hit Sneak 50, I cured it. My Dunmer now has neither condition.

Besides that, I've got an Orc warrior and Altmer skirmisher/mage, and have no plans to infect them with either condition.