Poll: So, is anyone here a werewolf or vampire in Skyrim?

Takolin

Aug 21, 2011
I'm a werewolf but I treat it as a passive immunity to diseases. I don't actually go into werewfolf form.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
I'm a werewolf, but going to cure myself, as I already got Hircine's Ring.

Look at that poll, so many werewolves - but then again, the Companions are right there in the first town and they pretty much automatically make you one. Vampirism, it seems, you have to actively seek out.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
CleverNickname said:
Hircine's ring only gives additional transformations. It does nothing if you're not a werewolf.

OT: Neither atm, pondering becoming one of the two. I've never been a werewolf (didn't play Bloodmoon that far, I managed to kill an essential NPC without noticing), so I'm attracted to that by novelty, but on the other hand, I love being a vampire and I like the fact it's a permanent thing, not a power you can use once (or twice, with Hircine's Ring) a day.

David Austin-tatious said:
Became werewolf, didn't like it (too vulnerable to ranged attacks) - and I NEVER want vampirism, not since in Oblivion when I decided to wait outside some guy's shop, and during the wait menu it didn't tell me that I was burning to death. As my corpse lay there it took me a while to work out why the hell I'd died just by waiting for 4 hours...
It doesn't make sense to you that if the Sun hurts you, sleeping in the Sun will hurt you too?

Vampirism just means playing by night. Which, if you're a stealth character like myself, isn't usually much of an issue and is actually pretty fun in terms of "oh shit, it's starting to dawn, I need to find somewhere to hide".

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
Vrach said:
CleverNickname said:
Hircine's ring only gives additional transformations. It does nothing if you're not a werewolf.
Damn outdated early info on the internet *shakes fist*

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I love vampires but Bethesda makes them suck almost as hard as the Twitlight ones. So I just go beast form from time to time to rip up a fort of Imperials.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Werewolf because unlike Oblivion, being a vampire is pretty much unplayable in Skyrim. Seriously stage 3 everyone attacks you on sight? wtf?
You pretty much can't continue the game until it's cured.

kaizen2468

Nov 20, 2009
I was a Vamp but got tired of needing to feed. Fast traveling all over the world really takes a lot of in game time. You FT from Riften to Solitude you will pretty much jump from not starving to pretty hungry instantly.