Poll: So, is anyone here a werewolf or vampire in Skyrim?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
After I found out how to become a werewolf and how easy it was I made a character specifically for it. A Nord warrior with a huge scar and blinded eye from a werewolf attack.

I honestly love it and find it useful, but it takes some time getting used to. You just have to be fast because without potions or armour your health goes down quick. The power attack that sends enemies flying is useful, the running power attack is brutal and if your over whelmed the roar sends most enemies running for the hills, then it's just a case of clean up. I remember wondering into a bear cave at level 15ish and struggerling with the first 2, then turning into a werewolf and taken out the other 7 in seconds. You just have to known what your doing and use all the different abilities, and be quick about it. It also makes a nice change from my warrior who plays it slow hiding behind his shield.

Also werewolf sprint is the only way to travel. Your stamina is massive and you run faster than a horse, great for getting around if I don't want to fast travel.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
TheDarkEricDraven said:
CowboyfromHell666 said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
You can be a werewolf in Skryim?...I just got WAY more excited to play it, were I not instead seduced by Saints Row the Third.
Yeah it is pretty sick. And there really isn't any negatives aside from not getting the well rested bonus when you sleep. Personally, I do not mind that since I am 100% resistant to disease. And transforming into one and fucking everyone up is entertaining.
Okay. I went out and bought it. Tell me as Spoiler free as possible, HOW DO I BECOME A WEREWOLF!?
Join the Champions in Whiterun, it's a few quests in.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Werewolf. There are virtually no negative effects to becoming a werewolf, only positives. No requirements from the disease besides simply being awesome.

Vampirism just seems totally pathetic in comparison. No transformation, you get hurt by the sun if you go too long without feeding, if people see you feeding they know it is you rather than thinking it was a horrible monster like in the werewolf form. I remember in Oblivion people would also like you less if they saw you were a vampire.

Really unless people are attempting to RP the shit out of the game I cannot see any logical reason to choose Vampirism over Lycanthropy.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
CowboyfromHell666 said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
You can be a werewolf in Skryim?...I just got WAY more excited to play it, were I not instead seduced by Saints Row the Third.
Yeah it is pretty sick. And there really isn't any negatives aside from not getting the well rested bonus when you sleep. Personally, I do not mind that since I am 100% resistant to disease. And transforming into one and fucking everyone up is entertaining.
Okay. I went out and bought it. Tell me as Spoiler free as possible, HOW DO I BECOME A WEREWOLF!?
Join the Champions in Whiterun, it's a few quests in.
*The Companions

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
Does anyone know if you can become a vampire as one of the beast-races, I know Argonians have a fairly high resistance to disease, so it might be harder to contract Polymorphic whatshisface.
And aside from the 100% resistance to disease, becoming a werewolf doesn't have a lot of advantages, on the other hand it doesn't have any major disadvantages either.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
I greatly enjoyed being a werewolf, but had to get cured in order to become a Vampire. Vampire is very underwhelming, with too man drawbacks. For me, it functions solely as RP justification for doing OOC things.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
[HEADING=1]Werewolf[/HEADING]

with "Better Werewolf's" mod for PC

Really buffs them and fixes it quite a bit.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
I'm going to wait for a mod to make vampirism as powerful as werewolves before I become either. I like the vampires having poison immunity as well as Disease immunity and frost resistance is nice. The fire weakness is unpleasant but It didn't seem to hurt too much on my argonian playthrough. But they're spells suck... bad.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
EverythingIncredible said:
Can you become a Werewolf-Vampire hybrid?
I'm pretty sure you can't. Werewolf at least makes you 100% resistant to disease so you can't catch Vampirism or whatever after that, I'm assuming Vampires are the same.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I was a werewolf. Cured that asap, didn't suit my roleplay and I'm so obsessive about looting which it interfered with.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Vamparism. Caught it in a cave near the throat of the world, was told by a friend I couldn't cure it with a potion, turned into a full fledged vampire, and am now about to embark on a quest to cure myself. It is only now that friend tells me I could have cured it before when I wasn't a full fledged vampire. FML. No Stamina or Mana regen in the day? FTS! Cure, here I come!

Mar 30, 2010
My two current characters are neither, but the next two I have planned will be. I'm thinking a pro-rebellion Nord Tribesman werewolf and a pro-imperial Breton Knight vampire. I'm itching to play a werewolf in a TES game again, but it wouldn't have fitted with my first two character concepts, and rather than force something that didn't quite fit onto either of them I decided to wait a little. Plus when I do get round to it I'll have a decent working knowledge of the gameworld, and where the best hunting grounds are...

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
TheOneBearded said:
Being a werewolf saved my life against this undead guy who kept using the Disarm shout.
I found one of them at higher levels and he killed me in human form.... so I reload, went for werewolf form... and that guy just pulled a silver greatsword out of nowhere and gave me a one hit kill...

OT: I have lycanthrophy, I use it mostly as a form of fast traveling to undiscovered locations... beats the horse and mounting and unmounting after every battle...

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011
Wood Elf werewolf for me, part of the RP perspective. Don't tend to use it too much, its more of a hulk thing - if I'm getting my arse kicked, well, you wouldn't like me when I am angry :D

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
I'm neither at the moment, but I'm planning on becoming a werewolf when I've gotten the important quests out of the way.