Poll: So what do you call an Xbox One now?

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
For the most part I... don't call it anything. I still don't know anyone that owns one, and it's unlikely I'll ever get one.

Point taken though, "XBone" has kind of lost its momentum. If I'm going to refer to it it's most likely by its actual name.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Xbone now and forever.

I use that so I never forget all of the 180's Microsoft has made and is losing the console war at a rapid pace, because of their foolishness by forcing users to buy a Kinect that gamers don't need. Until they make a Kinect`less bundle they will get more and more behind Sony.

Doesn't bode too well when your console has the crappier hardware wise and costs 100$ more.

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
"The new xbox" is what I use most of the time. And occasionally the real name. And that has nothing to do with what I think of the system, it's just about having people know what I'm talking about.

I wonder who all the people calling it "xbone" are talking to, because outside of this forum (and similar ones), that's not a name that people are going to recognize, so it doesn't actually communicate anything other than a desire to use make some sub-group joke to non-members of the group - and frankly that just makes you look bad (but fair enough if the only people you socialize with/work with/are related to are part of the group that gets the reference, although I honestly don't think that's going to be very common).

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
XB1.

And while we're on the subject, I'm going to ***** about professional writers referring to it as the Xbone. You are getting paid; to call it the Xbone is juvenile and not the list bit professional. It makes you look like you have the maturity of an infant.

This is why nobody takes game "Journalism" seriously.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I still stick with Xbone, because it's quick and easy to say, and everyone knows what you're talking about. I'd keep saying this even in the event that I'd purchase an Xbone, because it's that much more convenient than 'XBox One' or 'The ONE' or whatever. Besides, it's good to have a reminder around for Microsoft to know its limits.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Xbone.
Fitting name, given how it was originally a boner move on Microsoft's part (alternatively: it was designed to bone gamers).

I have no love for the system, nor will I ever, so the portmanteau sticks.
Agreed. I was actually disappointed that they made the 180, though. I wanted that whole concept to crash and burn. The next time some company went to design a new console and someone suggested designing it like the Xbox One, they would be sent out of the building with a pink slip. I wanted that to be seen as the black death of console design.

Now, they will simply say: "They just weren't ready for it."
Bullshit! The original concept was deeply flawed and intended to screw over gamers. Thus, in my heart it is and always will be the Xbone. Because I will never forget how much they tried to screw us all over.

Though, I do refer to it as the Xbox One anytime I am trying to be polite or make serious points about the system. Still. That thing is a Xbone.

Also, I hate having to call the Xbox the "Original Xbox". Whoever named this system was a complete idiot. I'm not sure which is worse named. The Xbox One or the Wii U.

st0pnsw0p

Nov 23, 2009
I call it the XBOne, like I always have. And I usually don't say it out loud, but in my head I always pronounce it as "Ex Bee One".

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Xbone
Even my best friend and girlfriend who own the damn thing call it Xbone. Not out of hate but simply to never forget, that and it fits.

Never forget. Never forgive.

Mithcha

Oct 21, 2011
"oh, that lump of shit"

No?

Just the Xbone then (though more likely "oh, that lump of shit".) I really don't like the console, in case that wasn't obvious. Not for a any particular reason, not a PS fanboy or anything, just don't like the thing.