Poll: So who are you backing for the Euro 2012

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
UEFA Euro 2012 championship is almost upon us, which nation are you backing for Euro glory. On the poll I added the top 7 teams from Europe by the FIFA world rankings and a space for other.

Being the optimist I am I'm backing my home nation England to win. If England don't win it'll probably be Germany or Netherlands.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity I checked the rankings for womens football, it's like a alternate universe where shit teams are good. Germany still dominating but North Korea and Canada are ahead of England, their male teams are at the foot of the table.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
What I usually do. Support my home nation (England) until they inevitably get knocked out then support The Netherlands or France if they're still in.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Ireland, by default, I suppose.

I never really follow football unless we miraculously start doing well.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Well England until they're knocked out.

Then my support will switch to probably Germany.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Mirroring the rest of these, it seems.
Backing England till we lose, then Germany.

I'll be very surprised if they don't win it. Reckon a Holland-Germany final.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I'll be supporting England until we get the swift kick out and then follow Spain....

Well most of them played for Liverpool, or so it feels.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
BlueberryMUNCH said:
Mirroring the rest of these, it seems.
Backing England till we lose, then Germany.

I'll be very surprised if they don't win it. Reckon a Holland-Germany final.
I was hoping the last world cup final was going to be a Holland Germany affair. It'd be an amazing match.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
I'll be supporting England until we get the swift kick out and then follow Spain....

And then left when they saw some sense.

No, but sreiously, I'll be supporting England. It's only right, it's my country of origin. I'd like to say they'll get to at least the semis, but I have a gut feeling they might not make it out of the group.

As for who I think will actually win it? I'm thinking a Spain - Germany final, with Germany to win it. They were damn good at the World Cup with a really young squad, and they've had time to mature and get to know each other better, they'll be a dominant force. And once England are out, I'll be supporting Germany, since I'm half German and have lived their.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
razer17 said:
Rawne1980 said:

And then left when they saw some sense.

No, but sreiously, I'll be supporting England. It's only right, it's my country of origin. I'd like to say they'll get to at least the semis, but I have a gut feeling they might not make it out of the group.

As for who I think will actually win it? I'm thinking a Spain - Germany final, with Germany to win it. They were damn good at the World Cup with a really young squad, and they've had time to mature and get to know each other better, they'll be a dominant force. And once England are out, I'll be supporting Germany, since I'm half German and have lived their.
It's a somewhat tricky group, but Urkraine are nowhere near as good as they have been in the past. France could cause a problem, so could Sweden but I'm confident of beating Sweden their only decent players are Ibrahimovic and Seb Larsson.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
It's a somewhat tricky group, but Urkraine are nowhere near as good as they have been in the past. France could cause a problem, so could Sweden but I'm confident of beating Sweden their only decent players are Ibrahimovic and Seb Larsson.
But Sweden usually turn up and play well. That and the fact that we've only beaten them once in like 20 years or something. Admittedly that was the last time we played them, though. We'll probably qualify, but I reckon it will be tight.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
None.

Personally I'd like to see the audience rise up and violently devour the entire overpaid lot of them.

Hikaru CF

May 28, 2009
I support the team that is the most entertaining to watch, which is usually Spain and pretty much never England, who I should really be supporting because it's my country.

I'd love to see Germany do well though because I really like a lot of their young, talented players like Gotze, Reus, Kroos and Schurrle.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
England.
Because I need my bi-yearly dose of rampart anticipation followed by crushing disappointment.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
After the disappointment two years ago, the Netherlands really need to win this one. Well, according to me anyway. There's not really that much new talent coming in so this is probably the last actual chance for a while to win a prize again...

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
England, up until we get knocked out in the quarter finals like always. Then I'll probably get behind Holland if they're still in it, I like the way they play and I'd rather someone who doesn't usually win these things get the trophy.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Rawne1980 said:

Unless, of course, we knock out Spa... Lololol.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND *stops singing national song because he only knows the one the Nazis used*

You ready to get styled on, Europe? No, of course you are not. You will be beasted on so hard, nothing can prepare you for this. Schweinstyler in midfield, Klose getting klose to goal up front, BADstuber outclassing hollywood defenders like Terry with superior positioning, you wont beat this suckers. You cant even touch us.

And England? LOL!

What are you guys gonna do? Have Heskey in the starting line up? Send Shrek (Rooney) in to disappear in another big game? Have Terry fuck our wifes? Its not going to happen folks. Go home.

Bayern beasted Spain, they will do the same in the world cup, and soon Bayern will beat Chelsea. And theres nothing you can do about it.

Seriously though. If history is anything to go by, we wont even get past the group stages.
Vicarious Reality said:
PORTUGAAAAAAAAALOLOLOLOLOLO
lol... Cant wait for Ronaldo to CHOKE THE FUCK OUT against Neuer in the group stages. I dont think he cried after the Bayern match, its not done yet. Germany needs to make him cry one way or another.
See, Smash your taunting is the reason I always want Netherlands to destroy Germany wherever possible. Badstuber's average at best he's a poor mans Gary Cahill. Who needs Klose when we've got Defoe, Klose he's past it. Schwenstiger who? Lampard and Scott Parker are better than Schwenstiger and Ozil combined. Ferdinaned will have Ozil in his back pocket. Chelsea 'beat' Barca which is half of the spanish national team.