Poll: Space Marine, the game.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I just saw the 10% off thing and a free copy of Darksiders with the game on steam. I'm thinking of getting it, anyone else going to/totally pumped?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I've been a pretty big fan of what THQ did with Dawn of War. Right until I loaded Retribution up. Seriously, wth.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
No doubt will buy it eventually, but I'm careful with this one because it's a new direction for the company and they may very well cock it up.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
It has potential to be really fun...but I'm still cautious.

Dawn of War is great and I'm glad Relic are branching out a bit in gameplay, hopefully they'll learn from any mistakes in this game.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
TypeSD said:
I've been a pretty big fan of what THQ did with Dawn of War. Right until I loaded Retribution up. Seriously, wth.
They listened to the fans, retribution was the result.
And moving from live to steam probably didn't help the transition.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
TypeSD said:
it's here. http://store.steampowered.com/app/55150/
I get 'An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region' when opening that link... guess thats why i wasnt seeing it

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The game lost half my interest when I saw the title. "Space Marine". Wow. Clearly a game that's going places.

The game lost the rest of my interest when I saw a gameplay video.

So as it stands, I might consider pick it up when the price drops to ten dollars or so. Which I'm guessing won't take long.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Hobo Steve said:
TypeSD said:
it's here. http://store.steampowered.com/app/55150/
WHAT? It comes with a Blood Ravens chapter pack... Why did you not mention this before?
NO MORE ULTRASMURFS? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My cunning plan to leave it a surprise just came to fruition.

But seriously. The videos made the ULTRAMARINES look cool. That's essentially a miracle.

Mynarc

May 21, 2011
One of my main fears about the game was that the weapon may not have stuck to their warhammer roots and not been over the top enough but after watching the combat trailer my fears look to be unfounded and the game looks fun.

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
Hobo Steve said:
I do not believe in pre-order. It goes against my religion.
But I am so happy that its coming out on PC that I am defying my god just to get it.

Seriously, even if I had no burning interest in the game itself I would still buy it just so that THQ continues to support PC since it was originally not gonna come out on PC.
Yes I bought it today after reviewing the trailers.
After playing 40k models for about 6 years and playing the games since start of last year I've always gone "This would make a wicked first/third person shooter" and now my dream is a reality.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
I'm sure OnLive were doing the exact same deal, except with that you also get the onlive tv box thingy.

Still, I'll get it for Xbox

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I would rather it be in first person but it still looks pretty cool. I won't be preordering it though because I'm not really interested in Darksiders and 10% isn't that much. I'll wait for the reviews instead.

Udyrfrykte

Jun 16, 2008
Probably.

I'm disappointed that no game trying to follow the tabletop rules has been made though. Not all turn based, but rather squad based combat (I could live with worse graphics for full squads, not those meh squad sizes in DoW2) with the random dice throw chances from TT. No hp, only wounds!

I liked Dow1 more than Dow2 for the record. A whole lot more, but that's maybe because Windows Live fucked things up.