Poll: Spartan or Elite?

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
As most of you know, in Halo: Reach you often have the choice between playing as a Spartan or an Elite, which do you prefer?

I personally prefer to play as a Spartan. Spartans are more agile and present much smaller targets for attackers. The difference between Speed and Strength that the Elites have is marginal and not a major factor in combat, unlike the Spartan's size which is significant enough to give the Spartan an edge; especially at range. Plus, Spartans are way cooler than Elites.

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
I like playing as a spartan normally, smaller hit box for the head. But, I like the roll that elites get, that's a hell of an armor ability.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Spartan. They can spawn with the pistol, which is the best weapon ever. It gets you maximum style points, plus it's a fucking hand cannon.

Edit: Also, inb4 Vrex.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Elites all the way! Awesome space dinosaurs are much cooler than Spartans. Plus, look how big and strong they are in Reach!?

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
In Spartans vs. Elites I tend to prefer Spartan for some reason, even though elites have distinct natural advantages.

However I actually prefer the Elite gametypes, because the Elites are so much damn fun.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Answer- Neither. ODSTs baby. All the way. Fuck the aliens and fuck the super men. We're just badass drop troops.

Also we have no less than three of the Firefly cast. Representin'.

NIHILHATE

Aug 21, 2009
I haven't actually played Halo since the Halo 2 days (and what days they were), but I've always preferred the Elites. I definately feel more for angry aliens than power armoured HOO-RAH types...

Sep 14, 2009
elite i dominate that shit so much, idk what it is but my mind links up perfectly with the roll so i rape the shit out of fuckers, i have gotten like 10 assassinations this weekend from rolling alone

Ziggy109

Feb 20, 2010
Elites. I like Spartan starting weapons better, but I find evade to be the most useful armor ability. On the flip side, I find it's a lot easier to snipe Elites because of their massive head and I hate it. :(

Axelord FTW

Mar 11, 2010
Considering the selection on Elite armor and h0ow baddass they all look, I'll go for the elites.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Spartans, due to a deep hatred for the elites in the campaign.

Especially the gold ones with swords or concussive rifles. Bastards.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Spartan. Because I cannot drop my loyalty.
And, I love how cute my Spartan looks
How could I not pick Spartans, when I have always supported the UNSC?

LycanBlade

Sep 19, 2010
See in halo 3 i LOOOOOOOVED playing as an elite cause they were big goofey and the difference was mainly aesthetic so you could just have fun with it, but in reach they made being an elite a hindrance, I still absolutely love the big goofey bastards and I will gladly play as them any day rather then a spartan.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I could go into greater detail in this post about how awesome and mighty the Holy Sangheili are, and how the ability to roll, have quick regenerative health and being able to take more damage (to an extent) and being noticeably faster has its advantages. Or how the Elites are blatantly the cooler species and that I identify with their proud warrior culture far better than I do of the Spartans, or that Elites are just COOL.
But I've actually found an image on the internet that works far better at saying, than words ever could in a million years, my exact feelings on this whole Spartan Vs. Elite debate:

There we go, that summarizes the whole thing.

Go the Sangheili!!

That said, Spartans still have their place now too, but my preferred species is always going to be the Elite.

Ze_Reaper_Of_Zeath

Feb 20, 2010
Spartan.

Because Magnums = Fucking Cannon which shoots Giant Cannon Balls.

And because they have a smaller head.

But if Elites spawned with Magnums and had smaller heads, I would totality go for them

And I don't have a xBox.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Spartans, just because you can customise the crap outta them. Elites are still awsome aliens, especially with their mini energy sword assasinations.