Poll: Spoilers: Walking Dead Season 2 - Your Clementine

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I know there's a post that already kind of covers this, but I want to pose a few questions in regards to the ending and maybe your impressions on the season overall. Also, obviously, spoilers. So if you haven't played or finished the game, then probably just go back to the forums until you do... unless you don't really care.

First question is what ending did you pick first? It may not be the one you like, but what's the first pick you made and what was the logic you went into making that choice?

Second question, after viewing the different endings (whether in the video link below or by replaying) which ending is your overall preference and why? [I can't remember how to imbed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4YTnOHUg5g&list=UU9s0ZYxkI90hP3ADETrHxgg

Third, ignoring how the game actually ends, what were you expecting for the ending? Did someone not make it you were expected to take with you to the end? Did someone survive you didn't expect to? Did you not go where you expected to?

Last, now that this season is over, what are you expecting/hoping for Clementine, and how will the journey she's taken so far shape her future?

===========================================

For me, I shot Kenny (regretting it almost immediately). I did so because I felt his reaction inability to talk out the situation showed his further mental instability. I knew he had been suffering the loss of his family, Sarita, Lee, and that everything was piling up. I did so because I was worried his inability to function in a group (or on his own even) would just prolong a slow and painful life and put myself at risk. But I regretted it because he'd grown to one of my favorite characters, regardless.

But I walked away from Jane immediately after finding out the baby was alive. I understand her reasoning for trying to show me how Kenny would react. Doing what she did, however, was immature, selfish, and makes HER the antagonist. Kenny wouldn't have lost his marbles if she hadnt' done that. I wouldn't have been forced to kill him to save her life. The entire interaction would have not happened had she just been an adult about the situation. Instead, she comes off as being crazier than Kenny, like that clingy over-attached girlfriend/boyfriend who is doing something for you but is making you more uncomfortable being around them. Plus, who's to say she won't run off again when the going gets tough like before? At least Kenny was willing to stick around, no matter the punishment he went through.

Seeing all the choices, I actually like the Clementine-Solo ending. It shows her growth as a character and keeps her away from either seemingly unstable option. I don't like how she's on her own and I don't know how long she can keep the baby alive on her own either. But I know she's capable and will take everything she's learned and experienced to heart to make the best life for herself and AJ. I also like the ending where she ends with Kenny and walks away from Wellington. But I'm a Kenny fan who thinks Jane is crazy. The rationale there though is that he's more willing and able to care for Clem and a baby than Jane is and the fact he was willing to split with Clem and AJ so they could live in Wellington shows more strength and rationale in his character than Jane had in desperately trying to separate Ken from Clem (at least that's how I see it).

I will admit... I was hoping Luke would make it. Bonnie is an idiot for trying to go on the ice to get him when he was perfectly capable of getting out of it on his own so long as we covered him. I'm still pissed at her for holding a grudge for me on that one. She fucked up. I did exactly as Luke asked. Also was surprised Sarah wasn't dragged along until the end. Granted, I'm glad she wasn't, but I figured there would have been a character arc where she gets better and works with Clem. Unfortunately, she doesn't and dies a miserable and pointless death. Aside from that... I think who we ended up with was an interestingly good mix of characters.

I'm expecting (no matter who we end up with) that Ken or Jane will die and Clem will be alone again. I'm curious to see how Telltale will tackle starting season 3 when there are multiple endings here to tie together. I'm also curious if Carver's influence/words to Clem will still haunt her and possibly influence decisions she makes in the future. Ultimately, I imagine we'll have an all new group of idiots to deal with. Hopefully they won't all be a bunch of dirty, whiny, adult-sized children. I found it kind of frustrating by the end how immature everyone older than Clem seemed to be and how unwilling the lot of them were to compromise or work together to solve problems. Kind of reminding me of how the adults in Earthbound all felt like children or just unreal and the kids were the ones solving the problems for everyone.

tl;dr - Went solo. Woulda picked Ken. Jane's crazy. Too bad for Luke. Clem is the only adult-minded character in a world of adult-sized children.

Sanderpower

Jun 26, 2014
I chose to shot Kenny because I believed he had truly lost his marbles. I thought that the walkers might have jumped Jane and gotten the baby. I figured Kenny's reason for living was to protect the baby, and now that he was gone he was to unstable to be helped. Him shoving Clemetime aside and trying to stab Jane was me figuring "okay Kenny's mind is gone now".

When I found out the baby was still alive, I was FREAKING PISSED. I nearly told her to fuck off, but I figured having her around would be better then having an 11 year old girl trying to raise a baby alone, so I forgave her. I also allowed that family to stay in with us, but they seemed kind of off to me, like they were holding something back.

If I had known that baby was really alive, I would of left Kenny stabbed that crazy *****. I kind of regret my ending, i'm thinking about doing it over again and letting Kenny kill Jane.

Overhead

Apr 29, 2012
Regarding the main ending choice, I shot Kenny. Screw him for not coming to rescue Clem with the others at the end of Season 1 and then screw him some more him for constantly being a crazy asshole which causes the group to destruct. Sure Mike, Bonnie and Arvo were shitty and leaving a man, woman, child and baby to likely starve and freeze to death is awful but they also thought they were stopping Kenny from beating another child to death and they'd tried talking it over with no success. Awful, but understandable.

Jane's plan was stupid. Kenny is reeling from Sarita dying, has had the group betray him, has had one of the people he considers like a child to him shot, etc and she wants to push him further by making him think the other child he considers his is dead? It's not that surprising he goes crazy and although it was very likely he would have done this crazy shit anyway it wasn't certain and there was a chance he could have recovered. Still, he attacked her and was the one trying to kill her so he dies, even putting aside he's less capable, a massive liability and by far the biggest psycho. I almost left her, but I remembered what Lee said in the dream sequence and realised she'd just been doing her best and unlike Kenny she was willing to learn from her mistakes and listen to reason.

I shot Kenny and ended up with Jane back at Howe's Hardware, letting in the survivors. My Clem had constantly tried to get everyone to work together, and hadn't given up on anyone. Sure she was a hardass and was always up for killing zombies or watching Carver get his face caved it but she saved Nick from the boyfriend of the man he shot, never gave up looking for Sarah, constantly tried to talk Jane around to working as part of a group, etc. It was nice to see Clem actually in charge, with Jane seeming to defer to her judgement and it has a degree of hope even if there is an edge to it.

The juxtaposition of the campfire at the generator being hopeful and seeming like everyone might pull together with everything totally falling apart soon after gave it all an extra kick. While the ending didn't have the same emotional impact as the end of Season 1, I don't think that was ever really possible. Instead it allowed you to make what was possibly the first choice which radically altered the direction of the plot and really allowed a finish that encapsulated how you'd played Clem.

A perfect capstone to how I played and the other endings can be seen the same for people with other playstyles. I can imagine Clem finally taking charge of shit because Jane seemed to defer to her in the ending with the base eventually growing a real community. Anyone who sticks with Kenny all the way to the bitter end is crazy though.

kgpspyguy

Apr 18, 2011
I stayed with Kenny because I viewed him as the last family the Clem truly had, Because Kenny is a good man who loses control from time to time, Because without Clem he couldn't go on. I stayed with Kenny because some things are more important then safety, (Also Kenny was loyal to Lee during my play-through of the first game) Because he trusted me, and I couldn't betray him. I played through again to see all the ending afterward and I can say with all honesty that Kenny's endings we're the strongest.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Sanderpower said:
When I found out the baby was still alive, I was FREAKING PISSED. I nearly told her to fuck off, but I figured having her around would be better then having an 11 year old girl trying to raise a baby alone, so I forgave her. I also allowed that family to stay in with us, but they seemed kind of off to me, like they were holding something back.
If I had known that baby was really alive, I would of left Kenny stabbed that crazy *****. I kind of regret my ending, i'm thinking about doing it over again and letting Kenny kill Jane.
That was my exact reaction. The minute I heard the baby crying I was like... GOD DAMN IT! Because I knew that I had been lied to and that Kenny didn't have to die after all. It was such bullshit! I want to redo it to. My only issue is that I like having my playthrough be a natural reaction thing and redoing it with information I didn't have kind of taints that. Might end up having a second save file to keep the two separated. lol. Also, yeah, that family did seem a bit... off. Watched that ending and I was like... okay... he's got a gun and that kid is looking at me kinda funny. Not sure if I like where this one is going.

Overhead said:
Regarding the main ending choice, I shot Kenny. Screw him for not coming to rescue Clem with the others at the end of Season 1 and then screw him some more him for constantly being a crazy asshole which causes the group to destruct. Sure Mike, Bonnie and Arvo were shitty and leaving a man, woman, child and baby to likely starve and freeze to death is awful but they also thought they were stopping Kenny from beating another child to death and they'd tried talking it over with no success. Awful, but understandable.
I still find it interesting how many people hated Kenny from game one. I mean, yeah, I get how that ends up happening as I had an ex-gf of mine try out the game and she decided to do different things from me to see what happens. So I got to see Kenny's asshole side. What I find more amazing is I didn't realize this side of him existed in the first game until then because I just played through the one time pretty much having his back. And that's basically how I played this one because that kept things rolling pretty well last game and he stuck with us to the end.

kgpspyguy said:
I stayed with Kenny because I viewed him as the last family the Clem truly had, Because Kenny is a good man who loses control from time to time, Because without Clem he couldn't go on. I stayed with Kenny because some things are more important then safety, (Also Kenny was loyal to Lee during my play-through of the first game) Because he trusted me, and I couldn't betray him. I played through again to see all the ending afterward and I can say with all honesty that Kenny's endings we're the strongest.
I was getting that feeling too. Which is why I'm still reconsidering changing my ending to the one where Clem and Kenny walk away. In a way, the need each other and help make each other better. Plus I imagine that's what Lee would have done (again, going off my playthough where Lee and Kenny were like best friends). I certainly like the Kenny endings better than the Jane endings, least from what I've seen thus far.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
I shot Kenny, thinking he was about to kill Jane and as the one doing the killing I had to stop him.Then I left Jane when I realised what she did. Kenny was my bro, and Clem's oldest living friend... AND THAT ***** MADE ME SHOOT HIM!

We could have saved Kenny, all he needed was a little peace. A time somewhere safe to breathe, he just lost all his friends, his woman and his eye. Kenny reminded me of Rick from the comics, Rick had gone to a scary fucked up place after losing almost everything but he came back. It's just as bad in my eyes as If Jane had left Kenny to be killed by walkers, she wouldn't try to save Kenny from his own mind.

So I left Jane and did it alone, Clem's strong now she can survive. And no way I can stay with someone who in my eyes is a psychopath as bad as she claimed Kenny to be.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I shot Kenny, then left Jane behind. It went totally against my better judgement to go alone, but my Clementine had been supportive of Kenny the whole way through, and I just could not bring her to forgive Jane for what she did. So yeah, now I'm on my own, with a baby, but I'm smart enough to survive.

Looking at all the other endings, I feel like I made the worst possible set of choices, and that it would have been so much better to let Kenny kill Jane. But then, I had no way of knowing that the baby was alive, so killing Kenny looked for all intents and purposes like a necessary action. Funny how hindsight works, huh?

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
i chose to kill kenny, figured that even if i let him kill jane, he wont be able to live with himself and without the baby so might as well save him the suffering and also save jane, who was presumably innocent (after all you try to save a baby in that shitstorm) but when i heard the baby cry i was furious! i ended up leaving jane (against my better jugement) and getting the most depressing ending of them all...

btw, i dont know if its ment as a clue but the familly you let in, the couple are caucasian and their child is african american, sure they probably arent his biological parents and just met and helped him after the shit hit the fan but the fact that they claimed to be a familly seemed off...
and how do you even get to the kenny endings? i mean if you let him stab jane you then just shoot him too aperatly so how?

(captcha- well is'nt that special?)

MalevolentJim

Aug 15, 2008
I killed Kenny, because he truly came across as broken to me at the time. I thought it was better to just end his suffering and go with Jane, because my chances of survival seemed better with her.

Annnnnnnd then I found out the baby was alive and Jane was a manipulative lying sneaky-snake.

I don't know why this surprised me but it did.

I also ended up keeping the group of people there because I figured it would be possible to maybe re-build that place and start anew. I kind of regretted this choice however because the group I took in are SO SUBTLE and so NOT going to betray me.

However despite all this, I'm not going to change the ending. I'm going to just bite the bullet and see how it plays out, even though I agree with the sentiment that Kenny's endings were much stronger.

Side note: It's kind of cool how there are several different ways of starting season 3 now. Will they all branch in to different stories or all just converge to the same point? Who knows?

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
I shot Kenny, for the same reason mos people point out. When Jane asked me to forgive her, I did nothing. I knew I needed her, but I couldn't forgive her. So I did nothing, you still end up at the same place with Jane. I however played again to go with Kenny. Played the entire season again to do that, and would do it again. I mean now AJ has a cool hat, that's totally worth it.

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
I knew Jane was lying so I let Kenny kill her, and then I shot him because he just couldn't take anymore.

LawAndChaos

Nice things are gone
Aug 29, 2014
My Clementine went solo. Jane could've ended that mess at any time. So she was clearly counting on Clem to kill Kenny to save her because she knew he would go off the rails. That was it, right there. Kenny wasn't the most stable of people, and yeah, he was a bit of an asshole.

But when Kenny said in the first season "You don't end it, just because it's hard," I thought, "you don't give up on people, just because it's easy." That applied even to Larry and Lily, and it sure as hell was gonna apply to Kenny.

Jane was the sort of person who gave up on people as soon as things looked grim. During her time in the group, her whole sctick was giving up on people.
It was a case in which giving up on Jane was the harder decision rather than the easier one. But after that whole incident, I honestly couldn't bring myself to forgive her.

Eventually I went back and checked the different endings. Jane's ending isn't as powerful as Kenny's in my opinion.

small

Aug 5, 2014
i ended up going with jane and starting a new comunity. it was a shitty thing to do pretending the baby died but i get the point. from janes perspective kenny was a time bomb, something was going to set him off and he was going to get eveyone killed, jane just decided to bring that side out at a time of her choosing to get clem to see him.

irronically i liked kenny and stuck with him. so it felt lke a bittersweet ending. he was sick of the world

G00N3R7883

Feb 16, 2011
I ended up staying with Kenny.

Obviously Kenny's mental state was the biggest plot thread for the second half of the season, but honestly I never once thought he was losing it. He killed Carver, so what, I would have too. Carver came after the group once, leave him alive and he surely would again. Then Surita dies and the rest of the group expected Kenny to get over it within 5 minutes? Then Kenny was aggressive towards the Russian, but Kenny was just trying to protect the group. Meanwhile every conversation between Kenny and Clementine except immediately after Surita's death, Kenny was calm towards Clem. The other group members didn't make an effort with Kenny.

I could tell when Kenny, Jane and Clementine were in the car that I would have to decide between them. Didn't expect it to be a life or death choice, but I made my mind up in the car to go to Wellington because I wanted to find Christa. Jane made it pretty clear she didn't want to look for Wellington. Then when Jane "lost" the baby and she told Clem she'd see what Kenny was really like, I knew she was intentionally trying to provoke Kenny. Afterwards when we found the baby alive, I knew it was the right choice. Jane was stupid and she didn't need to do that.

After arriving at Wellington, my first question was if Christa was there, and they answered no. I immediately decided to stay with Kenny. He's always looked after Clem. After getting locked up in that shed in episode 1, after seeing what Carver's group was like, why should I trust another bunch of strangers? Plus maybe we'll find Christa, and I think Kenny needs Clem just as much as Clem needs Kenny.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Glad to know some other people chose to not kill Kenny and stay at Wellington. Jane knew that Kenny was a ticking time bomb and yet still egged him on, and even though I was hesitant at first to let Kenny kill her when I saw she had childishly and idiotically chose to make Kenny and Clem think the baby was dead I let him. Jane was an idiot who thought she was some sort of lone-wolf survivalist, all she had to do was say "the baby is alive and he's out there" and Kenny wouldn't have killed her.

And what was with Bonnie this episode? I fully expected her to start complaining about the patriarchy and personal pronouns in a zombie apocalypse.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
I had to put Kenny down. In the context, it just seemed that he had lost all control and sanity - there was no obvious reason Jane would kill the baby like he was saying. I didn't want to, though, and at the end of the day, i feel like i had to kill a good man who had just been broken by a world he couldn't handle (Kind of like Shane, really). On an unrelated note, I stood behind him every time he abused Arvo - I would have put the prick down myself if there was an option to.

I left Jane, although to be honest, that was less because what she did and more because I realized the futility of groups: We've seen for two seasons now how groups disintegrate in these scenarios, how the strain of losing people can cause normal people to simply lose it (Kenny and Lilly), and how innocent people end up harmed by their supposed allies (Doug/Carley, Clementine herself). I figured that Clementine might actually be safer alone.