Poll: Star Trek: Which Enterprise is Your Favorite?

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
With the release of Star Trek: Beyond in theaters, I figured it would be timely to look back at the various lovely starships that have boldly taken audiences where no one has gone before. Which one is your favorite? It can be from any depiction of Trek, be it TV show, movie, video game, novel, comic book, etc. The only stipulation is that it has to bear the name "Enterprise" (sorry, Voyager fans).

Some more that I couldn't fit into the poll:

I didn't include any Mirror Universe ships, as they look exactly the same as their Prime counterparts, just with a different prefix and a smattering of paint. Don't let that stop you from picking one if it's your favorite, though!

My personal favorite is the Enterprise-D refit seen in the TNG finale "All Good Things." I know some purists cried foul at a three-nacelled warship as going against Gene Roddenberry's "rules," but I think the extra bits supplemented the Galaxy-class proportions quite well, and its combat modifications made perfect sense given the militant scenario of the alternate future. Besides, you gotta admit the ship's grand reveal was AWESOME!

Cloaking device. Phaser lance. Warp 13. Badass.

Honorable mention goes to the Enterprise-C. I've always had a soft spot for Ambassador-class vessels. Their design bridges the gap between TOS/TMP-era and TNG-era ships, evoking some of the best elements from both.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
The Enterprise-D was my favourite as it's primary purpose was that of exploration and to me that fit the purpose of Star Trek far better than any of the others.

All the other Enterprises are all cool ships, they just seem to be geared for a fight.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I'm going with the NX-01. Problems with the show aside (Which are off topic, and to head it off, I wont discuss here), I liked the design most. I think it looks a lot like its later predecessors, but at the same time it seems 'saner,' cutting out a lot of the weirder necks and multi-tiered design that plagued many of the later ships. It just seems more 'human' in design to me.

I dunno. I just like it.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
As it's my second favorite sci-fi ship ever, I'm standing with the Enterprise-D. Though, I know someone is going to appreciate this one.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
That's a weird way of spelling USS Defiant.
That is quite literally what I was going to come here and say.

Screw the Enterprise, give me the USS Ben Sisko's Motherfucking Pimp Hand. It was deemed to long by Starfleet and renamed Defiant.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Enterprise E, design wise its a throwback to the earlier ships with its slimmer saucer and long nacelles. The Ent-D just looked bulky. Plus the thing kicked ass and didn't have a glass jaw like its predecessor.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
DeimosMasque said:
Screw the Enterprise, give me the USS Ben Sisko's Motherfucking Pimp Hand. It was deemed to long by Starfleet and renamed Defiant.
Designed so that if you're on the bridge you have to work for a living, and with the captain's chair placed in the perfect stop to watch him blow shit up.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Huh... I'm experiencing a weird deja vu feeling about this. Well, I prefer to follow the words of Mr. Scott. The original series version is fine for me.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I agree with you on the refitted Enterprise-E from "All Good Things". Not only did it look good. But it could shear other ships in half with its spinal laser. It had a transwarp drive. And it could cloak! Does it get any better? Outside of enterprise specific ships. My favorite starfleet design is Nebula class. Followed closely by Miranda Class.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I go with E. Very sleek design. It looks fast and powerful yet graceful.

Afaik it was also the last one they made a studio model of and the first one to only get a CGI representation.
Its first movie was awesome as well.

Other than that: A of The Undiscovered Country

Retains the classic lines but gets the much needed much more practical interior.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Enterprise-E, I liked how it was leaner and meaner then its predecessor, though the galaxy class (or were they all galaxy classes, just different variants? im a blue belt in star trek lore at best) was just a fine looking ship either way as far as star trek ships go.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Frankster said:
Enterprise-E, I liked how it was leaner and meaner then its predecessor, though the galaxy class (or were they all galaxy classes, just different variants? im a blue belt in star trek lore at best) was just a fine looking ship either way as far as star trek ships go.
Only the Enterprise D was a Galaxy class.

As a side note, the Galaxy class star ship is basically the biggest hunk of trash ever fielded by the Federation. Half of them get destroyed in various catastrophes, they consistently got trashed by ships they were supposed to outclass by a generous margin, and in a universe where ship classes are expected to be built for decades and serve in the fleet for up to a century, the Galaxy manages a handful of ships and only a decade or two of of actual service.

It's probably the worst ship (In comparison to the time frame) of all the Star Trek shows, and that's saying something when one ship, supposedly a war vessel, abandons the idea of turrets in exchange for upgrading it's plot armor (Something one wouldn't think needed an upgrade) and another one is designed in such a way that it can literally get sick.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
Frankster said:
Only the Enterprise D was a Galaxy class.

As a side note, the Galaxy class star ship is basically the biggest hunk of trash ever fielded by the Federation. Half of them get destroyed in various catastrophes, they consistently got trashed by ships they were supposed to outclass by a generous margin, and in a universe where ship classes are expected to be built for decades and serve in the fleet for up to a century, the Galaxy manages a handful of ships and only a decade or two of of actual service.

It's probably the worst ship (In comparison to the time frame) of all the Star Trek shows, and that's saying something when one ship, supposedly a war vessel, abandons the idea of turrets in exchange for upgrading it's plot armor (Something one wouldn't think needed an upgrade) and another one is designed in such a way that it can literally get sick.
Galaxy class ships are only saved by the fact that the Miranda Class is somehow even worse, despite having a service record that outlasts the Excelsior. Galaxy class ships got a major refit into the Dominion War where they were used as linebreakers (See their actions during Season 6 compared to the end of Season 2). Miranda Class ships are deathtraps when commanded by anyone other than Khan, and he still lost.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Soviet Heavy said:
Miranda Class ships are deathtraps when commanded by anyone other than Khan, and he still lost.
Yeah, but it's a deathtrap for the 16 crew instead of hundreds needed for other ships. Even the tiny Defiant needs double the crew for combat. Their role is simply: for non-combat they just do the job like anyone else, and for combat they use sheer numbers to weight the enemy down. The things are still used in the early 25th century for a reason.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
I feel the E was the best blend between TOS and TNG in terms of looks. Controversially, I find the Voyager my favorite look. Possibly because I loved the series as a kid, though I really liked the nacelles' placement and the arrow-head shape. Sure, it could get sick and the holodeck wasn't compatible with the rest of the ship's power, but the look just clicked with me.

Defiant was the most badass, being just a big armory with a cloaking device.

Silverbeard

Jul 9, 2013
I don't see how anyone can defend any Enterprise other than the E class. It stands to reason that the best ship would be the most advanced one and the E class was certainly that, if only by virtue of being the 'latest' Starfleet design.

DeimosMasque said:
I don't know about this. For a ship designed specifically for combat (against the Borg, no less!), Defiant seems to be on the business end of a Jem'Hadar thrashing every other week. Either the Defiant's overrated or the Jemmies are just that good!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Silverbeard said:
I don't know about this. For a ship designed specifically for combat (against the Borg, no less!), Defiant seems to be on the business end of a Jem'Hadar thrashing every other week. Either the Defiant's overrated or the Jemmies are just that good!
The Jem'Hadar are that good. Even with retaking Deep Space Nine from the Dominion, the Federation spends most of the war losing very badly. And that was without reinforcements coming from the Gamma Quadrant.