Poll: Star Wars The Old Republic

Shadowsafter

Jun 7, 2010
One concern/question for me
I will buy it, and play trooper (coz i'm a frontline grunt) and everyone else will play Jedi/Sith.
If I can take on these people, and win, I will continue to play. And I don't mean I want to be as OP as the average paladin, but I want special abilities and powers to overcome a Jedi. Because 90% of the schmucks that play will roll that without looking at the options.
If not i'll go back to playing wow, and giving up every time a horde paladin sets his eyes on me.

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
I will be playing, though maybe not right at release. It really depends on if I can get some of my friends to get on. As for what class I'll be playing, I haven't really thought it out fully, but I know I'll be playing a Republic Trooper at some point, if only to hear Jennifer Hale's voice as I play.

Craig Cameron

Jun 8, 2010
I currently have an agreement with many on my gamer friends that we will all buy The Old Republic and play it fervently because we are bioware fanboys who were raised with star wars movies and toys, and two of us have played just about every mmo under the sun and haven't found one that both of us can settle in.

also Bounty Hunter 1) Because Han Solo was my favourite character and 2) Jedi are overrated and will likely be rampant considering they are a starting class. Also I like the sort of old west feel that smugglers have with the focus on mastering pistols and the fact they make their living out of their ships, I blame firefly for that one I was always jedi before that.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
I'm too busy trying to steer away from nerd tendencies to get into an MMO. I love Kotor, but being a college student who wants to get laid, a Star Wars MMO is not in my future. Also I've always been a fan of "Standard Fantasy Setting" (which is in desperate need of a less ironic name) more so than Sci fi. To be honest, I hate WoW, and I hate the endless waves of Star Wars games, so I don't know where I stand. Hopefully it can steal enough people away from WoW, leading to it's demise. But to be honest, I just want Star Wars to go away already.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I intend to get Star Wars: The Old Republic the day it is released. Over time I plan on making a character for each class to see how their stories will play out. I have decided when The Old Republic is released that I am going to create a Bounty Hunter and a Jedi Knight Sentinel.

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
I totally want to. Imperial Agent right here, and I've got a bunch of friends who all want to play it too, so we're all gonna do whatever MMO aspects there are together.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Odgical said:
I like KotOR, this seems to be along the same vein. What's to hate?

Imperial Agent, by the way.
What to hate... WHAT TO HATE?! EVERYTHING! My favorite series ruined! Screw the interesting characters and story we are going to replace that with GRIND! Everytime I hear talk about that darn MMORPG I weep the fate of KotOR 3.
Haydyn said:
I'm too busy trying to steer away from nerd tendencies to get into an MMO. I love Kotor, but being a college student who wants to get laid, a Star Wars MMO is not in my future. Also I've always been a fan of "Standard Fantasy Setting" (which is in desperate need of a less ironic name) more so than Sci fi. To be honest, I hate WoW, and I hate the endless waves of Star Wars games, so I don't know where I stand. Hopefully it can steal enough people away from WoW, leading to it's demise. But to be honest, I just want Star Wars to go away already.
Man, sounds like someone is embarassed to be a gamer. People should learn to take it as a hobby and not include the stereotypes.

Warwelde

Jun 6, 2009
kampori said:
It's Star Wars.
It's BioWare.
It's Knights of the Old Republic.
It's Star Wars.
It's fucking BIOWARE.
This.
I'm going to be a smuggler! Cause, you know.. Han shot first.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Don't want to pay the monthly subscriptions so I won't bother with it, unless there is a free trial, or a demo, I'll play that regardless, after all KOTOR 1 was spectacular.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I'd love to, but unfortunately budget constraints force me to leave my 2011 gaming library rather scarce. I might play a free demo, but I'd rather save my money for Guild Wars 2.

Ozzythecat

Jul 12, 2010
Probably not I'm never dedicated enough to keep up a pace with MMO's which means I usually don't play pay to play ones. I can't say I'm not kind of interested though...(Though I'd be more interested in KoTOR 3, but we don't always get what we want...)

Also recently purchasing a PSP and the remake of Tactics Ogre has left my budget... slim to pick a word.

ldwater

Jun 15, 2009
Been keeping my eye on ToR for a while now; its looking like it could be really good :D

WoW killer I doubt it, but at least it would take a good crack at it and if bioware make another epic game then it could do well.

Going to level a sith warrior first as a tank spec as my I played one in WoW and know they are nearly always in short supply.

Going to give it up to the free month to impress me, else I'd just go back to EVE :D

Sneezeguard

Oct 13, 2010
i'll definitely play it but i'm still wondering when it's gonna come out, it been pushed back so much. i've been qued for the beta release for more than year now >.<