Poll: Start a family! Who wants children?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Male and I would like to have a family (wife and a child or two) in the future but only when I an fincially secure. I don't want to raise my children in poverty.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I wouldn't mind having one, but...I'd have to clear it with the other half of this discussion (i.e. My girlfriend).

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
As much as I'd want a family, it will never happen. And it's not like I have THAT much time to spare. I don't want a kid when I'm 40+. I know the feeling of having old parents, and it's not a good one.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I chose never. I have a strong aversion to children as does the lady I'm with. We're going to have cats instead...and classic game consoles. I unironically refer to my Virtual Boy as my first-born for example (no idea why: I just do).

On the off chance that I end up in that polyamorous relationship with 2 women, a man and, multiple-multiple cats in a single home though (This...This could actually happen...) I'm going to count that as M sometime in the Future. Officially though I am M-Never. Screw children.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I have nothing against a child, but I feel I lack a decent role-model for fatherhood and I like my life to be busy but, ultimately, under my control. I don't even want to get a pet until I feel I'm settled and ready.

I know I'm the type who'll likely have a child later in life, but right now I see that as totally impossible.

Also, there's the whole 'indirectly tearing my wife's vagina to pieces nine months after sex' thing which scares me.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Over the last few years, Ive really started to want one, despite all the misery formerly having one brought me. However I am stuck in a place where I want one, but not quite sure if I am willing to endure what it takes to make one.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Well im heading towards the end of my teens. I always hated children. Now when i look at them... they are... cute? I used to find them utterly repulsive. I feel more mature now that i actually find the idea of spending time with kids to be nice i think its the biological instinct of adulthood and reason finally kicking out the stupid teenage "KIDS SUCK AND STUFF!" from my mind. Not that its immature to hate kids or not want them as a mature adult. I just think I did for immature reasons. I was a bit of a moron. And im proud ive finally got past that.

I like the idea of being a father. A lot. I want to share everything i love about life with people, a partner and a child sound like good companionship. Raising a kid seems fun as hell even if it sometimes gets hard. Its seems like a unique and interesting experience and honestly im looking forward to it.

tenatios

Aug 26, 2009
Due to my complete dislike of children I can say without a shred of a doubt that I will not be having children, I'm lucky enough to be in a relationship where my better half feels the same way too.

Can't really see a downside to that... my girlfriend gets all my attention and love and we can both spend our lives accomplishing our own goals.

RobDaBank

Nov 16, 2011
I have a son and LOVE being a dad! Hes 18montgs old and watches Thomas the Tank Engine with me, we play with all the toys and are just crazy together. I'd rather spend all day with him than go out boozing or even spend all day gaming, but at the same time I understand why people are hesitant of having children, it's not difficult but it is most certainly life changing

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I know I'd like kids someday. Maybe two or three boys and one or two girls.

Is it weird I have ideas for names?

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I will not create another cell for this fucking cancer that is calling itself mankind. Marriage is appalling to me as well. I'm 20 and I am not going to become a castrated piece of shit just so I can have my love spat in my face by some brat that I may not even like but I will HAVE to love it because, well, it is my child and all that...

On reflection this sounds offensive... So no offense, anybody who wishes to be offended by some letters on a computer screen.

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
I'm good lucky for my family I'm not the only male in the family so I can pass the buck to someone else and I as my niece has shown I'm just don't need kids I got nothing against them. But I am a guy who likes to keep to himself not to mention my niece was almost kidnapped out of the hospital after she was born by some crazy woman who wanted a kid of her own.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Russian_Assassin said:
I will not create another cell for this fucking cancer that is calling itself mankind.
Technically youre creating new human cells just to keep yourself alive. If you detest mankind to the degree where you dont wish to make any human cells the only solution is to not be alive. Hell apparently you detest yourself anyway. Just sayin ;p

On that note this is how i previously used to feel. Its kinda funny looking back at it now.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
I'm 23 and I could never see myself taking responsibility for a wife and kids. There, I said it :p

However I do believe that at some point my human instincts at their deepest levels will take over and make me change my mind, because I've seen it happen to others. Suddenly all I'll want to do is raise a child and pass on what I know, my "legacy" in essence (even though it's not much) with the help of my wife-to-be. I don't know when this will happen, and I sure as hell am not in any hurry to get there.

It's the ultimate goal of human life to settle down and pass on our genes/knowledge to the young...99% of people will either succeed in it, or at least TRY to succeed doing it. Nobody can live forever, but through survival and maternal instinct everybody will try to emulate that by having children, to have some part of themselves live on to see the future. I don't see how I could be an exception to this never-ending cycle, so at some point my brain is going to flip over and embrace raising a family :p

But for now I completely and utterly cannot see myself becoming a father, no freaking way I even want to think about it.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Well, I'm 22 now and the other day when I was getting my blood pressure done so I could get more pills the nurse asked me if I have thought about when I'll be having kids (that made me feel old).
To be honest I haven't really thought about it.

I do want kids, and I'll probably have them in the next 5-10 years.
But I'm a bit of a wuss so I'm not looking forward to the whole proccess of child-having.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I do want a kid eventually, but my wife doesn't. I don't know I am more in love with having a kid than raising one so I know I shouldn't. I just want a little guy running around that I can teach them things, make them laugh, etc. I have babysat a family related baby and things sort of clicked. He was crying till I rubbed his tummy then started laughing then we chilled out and watched Yo Gabba Gabba and learned how animals are our friends it was epic.

-shrug- I must be the strangest guy in the world.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
You know I honestly expected the male 'NEVAR!' option to be a lot larger than it is. I don't like kids. Not so much in the 'I want to stab them all in their stupid jam smeared faces' kind of way and more in the 'Even when they aren't being irritable, I just don't have any affinity for them' kind of way and thus I don't plan on having any, which is good because I'd be a fucking horrible father anyway. And a pretty bad mother too, while I'm at it.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
I absolutely I do. I actually miss being a (step)father.

Padwolf said:
I would love to have kids in the future. Only when I am financially stable enough and when I have settled into a home. I want to have a family so much. Two or three of them.
Two or three families? That takes some clever balancing work. :p