Poll: Sticks and stones have broken my bone(s).

Roggen Bread

Nov 3, 2010
Kaleion said:
FrostyChick said:
I am unbreakable!

Not a single bone in my body has been broken. Ever. Even though I'm one of the clumsiest muppets around.
Me too, I'm clumsy as hell and surprisingly never broken a bone, kinda odd since they used to know me by name at the hospital when I was a kid, I have cracked my head a couple of times but I only got stitches, no staples or anything so I don't think anything happened to the bone.
This used to apply to me as well. (Except the hospital thingy, I entered a hospital by myself (read: not visiting someone) the first time, when I started working in the ER.)

While groing up we were playing street hockey all the time, and I kissed the ground ALL the time. Never did anything.
A friend of mine fell down once, broken arm.

Well, the good times ended last weekend.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Shattered my wrist in a sparring match when I slipped. Was 15/16 and a hell of a lot of trouble, because the first hospital I went to forgot to put fucking padding in it. It shifted badly out of position and set wrong, so they had to re-break it in a competent hospital... and then some dumbfuck kid ran into it anyway, knocking it out again. Don't have full mobility anymore- my ability to bend it inwards or back is greatly reduced.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Roggen Bread said:
And running around with it for 2 days (was on saturday) before going to a doctor wasn't fun either.

Share your stories!
Okay time out, why did it take you two days to go to a doctor? Does your town not have a hospital ER, or even ambulance system? You can call ambulances for broken bones, you know!

And I've not broken a bone. I've impacted near to the point of breaking my ankle, neck and hip.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I broke my wrist when I was 11 after failing three times on trot to clear this tiny ramp on my bike. Kind of embarrassing and hilarious in retrospect.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Broke my first bone when i was Six, dog ran under my legs and chopped me and i landed on my wrist and suffered a compound fracture.

Since then i have had fractures at least 10 different times. Playing multiple sports and being a dumb teenager sure had it's effect on me.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
As crazy as I was when I was younger I have never broken a bone. Actually I don't think I've ever had a serious injury, apart from the time I fell over and split the skin above my eye open (not my fault!). I probably won't break a bone now, and not because I'm not as much of a risk taker but because I eat so much dairy that I must have bones of steel by now.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
When I was 13 I fell off a bike, it wasn't even that bad of a fall the front wheel slipped at low speed and the bike flopped over. At first it just seemed to hurt then it got worse and then a lot worse, by the time I got home I was puking from shock and feeling faint.

Got the hospital and got an X-ray and found that I had broken both bones in my forearm. It was pretty cool though after the pain stopped, because it was my right arm and I couldn't write or anything I got 3 weeks of school until it was safe to write.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
No broken bones yet. I'm not sure that's just mad skillz or whether I'm either boring or a pussy :/
Ah fuck it, it's because I'm made of steel and awesomeness. Obviously.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
I shattered my femur at 3 so bad that it required surgery. If you're going to hurt yourself do it right!

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
chiggerwood said:
I shattered my femur at 3 so bad that it required surgery. If you're going to hurt yourself do it right!
Hey, me too, albeit at age 25. Now I have a plate grafted onto that bone. Isn't it AWESOME!
Actually it hasn't really slowed me down, but that's due to a really good surgeon and even better luck. Well, ya know, that's not including the luck that led to breaking my femur in six places. So, after that shitty luck, I had good luck recovering, so it sort of evened out. Um, yeah.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Had one close call with a server when I was younger, and a scare when an infection got so bad the medic thought it was a broken ankle.

Sandflies are bad news.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
Aside from a cracked rib from hitting a stand of pines at 50+ mph, nothing broken till age 22. Suffice to say I was lucky on two fronts, one that the tree branch through my windscreen missed and that I exited
with only a cracked rib and minor lacerations. This was less than a month ago

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
I've always been a cautious person, so I've never really hurt myself badly enough to break a bone.
The one time I came close wasn't even my fault. I was 4 years old, and in kinder garden and while I was picking myself off from the floor after jumping from the monkey bars, some 50 pound fat brat, decided to jump from the bars and put all of his weight onto my right leg, giving me a hairline fracture.

Moral of the story: No matter how careful you are, there's always some douche out there to screw you over.

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
I broke my first bone at 7. Got pushed down an icy hill by a kid 3 years older than me. The pain is weird, I recall being stunned by it, like I hit my funny bone, but multiplied by 100.

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
I have broken my right big toe twice. I first had a large industrial freezer door slammed on my foot then a year or so later I had a solid oak door dropped on it when A friend and I tried taking it off it's hinges. I didn't get taken to a doctor either time and had to let it heal on it's own. Doors and my toe are mortal enemies.