Poll: Superbowl 2013: Do You Care And Why?

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Doubt you'll find much people who care on this site. I love football, I watched it and I'm glad the Ravens won.
[sup]Yup, not surprised at all :/ [/sup]

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
That damn power outage caused my night shift to drag till nearly 5AM, dammit! But well, the end was quite interesting, I mean I have no idea who came up with the idea to concede a safety, but that was sheer genius. What I don't get is why the 49ers didn't kneel to go for a hail mary.

FelixG said:
This site is packed full of eurokiddies so I have no doubt the last option will win.
Well, that's very mature and civilized.

Comocat

May 24, 2012
I'd never heard the term "handegg" before. I found it in urban dictionary and the entry is basically a series of "stupid american" and "asshole foreigners" trying to explain football.

KelDG

Dec 27, 2012
FelixG said:
This site is packed full of eurokiddies so I have no doubt the last option will win.
Dear FelixG

Thanks for your wise words of wisdom. Unfortunatley this does not hold from the fact that Hand Egg sucks. So by all means, stuff your face with cheese nachos and soda while you get advertised at every 5 mins for stuff you don't need, while watching your rugby for girls on steroids (actual steroids, you don't get like that naturally) while you all dance about smacking each others arses in a red white and blue glitter explosion waving your flags and shouting 'murica.

Yours Sincerely

A. Eurokiddy.

ps. See... Generalising, its not nice is it?

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Didn't watch it, because that's because I think handegg is boring. It's a cultural thing. I adore the beautiful game, but American Soccer never held my interest.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
There was no Superbowl in 2013.
Everyone knows if the Giants or Jets (Jets? Ha!) don't make it to the Superbowl, it gets cancelled.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Souplex said:
There was no Superbowl in 2013.
Everyone knows if the Giants or Jets (Jets? Ha!) don't make it to the Superbowl, it gets cancelled.
So, you mean, there is no Super Bowl without some Big Applesauce mixed in? Why, I suppose.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
British, and know nothing about American football beyond it involves people running into each other. I'm fairly certain I would have had to stay up until some God-awful hour in the morning to watch it anyway!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Hockey is my sport. Football is just too boring to sit and watch. There's just way too many stoppages in play.

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
I watch it every year because I'm a big football fan. Sure my team the Carolina Panthers didn't even make it close to the playoffs this year, but the Superbowl is last time to watch football until the pre-season kicks in during the fall. Having to go all spring and all summer with no football means I've got to get my fix in while I can.

Plus it's always interesting to watch the competition for the title of best Superbowl ad. You get to watch a load of creative people go head to head to see who can make the best most memorable 30 second spot.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
13thforswarn said:
It's called football because the ball is a 1 foot long from point to point. The name has nothing to do with the foot contact.

How did I not know this already?!

OT: Not American, not care, ladi-da.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I'm a huge football fan in general (chiefs are my team but they suck) so i love watching the superbowl, and have never missed one of them. It's also a great time to hang out with your friends and drink alot of beer.

Also, mocking the name of football like an elementary school nerd isn't going to change it's name.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
American here! I don't care for sports, so I have no reason to ever watch a Super Bowl. Shit, if you're only in it for the commercials, they
A.) tend to air before the Super Bowl now
2.) Will be online the next day

so why are you watching?!

Also, the only reason I had any interest in the Super Bowl this year because Miracle of Sound documented his reactions to the first one he seen, and it was hilarious. (evidently one of the teams was the New York Yankees and they were all a bunch of tight & armor wearing pussies)

FreeCookies

Oct 12, 2011
Having little understanding of American Football, I watched the Super Bowl because I wanted an excuse to drink on a Sunday night.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
I really like the theatre around sport in the US. We could really learn a lot from that kind of spectacle cos generally even the big sporting events here don't carry that kind of atmosphere and we get stuck with dull pundits and the like.

But the actual game is so, so boring. Constantly stopping. Every time it starts to gain some momentum it cuts out again. And it just seems like a constant run of set plays. I had to give up after the first quarter anyway cos it was getting late but even then I don't think I'd have been able to get through all of it.

I get the feeling it'd be something I'd enjoy much more if I was actually in the US, watching with a bunch of people getting really into it.
SckizoBoy said:
And ho ho ho, France got beat by the perennial whipping boys Italy today,
I needed a distraction from this to be honest though

SckizoBoy said:
I swear, of the four 'handegg' sports (Rugby Union, Rugby League, Aussie Rules & American Football), American Football has the least 'ball' to foot contact. At least the others have the decency to exclude the term 'football' in their colloquial names. Jeez... -_-
It used to have much more. But then some rules got changed, and kicking the ball became less useful. Or something like that.

But lol you sound like such a stereotypical British sports fan

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
ITT nerds trying to prove how nerdy they are by dissing football.

OT: Ravens fan I guess. First game I really watched. It was alright but I still think that power outage was intentional.
We lost so much momentum. :(

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
oppp7 said:
ITT nerds trying to prove how nerdy they are by dissing football.

OT: Ravens fan I guess. First game I really watched. It was alright but I still think that power outage was intentional.
We lost so much momentum. :(
While I had to stay at work for a lot longer than I'd have to because of that outage, I kind of feel for whoever was responsible for stadium maintenance. They're going to be a very, very, very unpopular person for a while.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I was Ravens fan last night, but I wouldn't mind either way. Honestly, I hear a lot people here bash sports. However, it's nice to hang with friends, have a beer/wings/anything else and bond over something that's simple. You could have a simple good night to an unforgettable experience.

I'm sure you guys had something similar with video games.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
KelDG said:
FelixG said:
Dear FelixG

Thanks for your wise words of wisdom. Unfortunatley this does not hold from the fact that Hand Egg sucks. So by all means, stuff your face with cheese nachos and soda while you get advertised at every 5 mins for stuff you don't need, while watching your rugby for girls on steroids (actual steroids, you don't get like that naturally) while you all dance about smacking each others arses in a red white and blue glitter explosion waving your flags and shouting 'murica.

Yours Sincerely

A. Eurokiddy.

ps. See... Generalising, its not nice is it?
Of course it's a generalisation, that's the point.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
AnarchistFish said:
SckizoBoy said:
And ho ho ho, France got beat by the perennial whipping boys Italy today,
I needed a distraction from this to be honest though
=P Understandable... though knowing Les Bleus, they'll come to the British Isles and go back leaving a trail of blood! (And I mean that in the nicest possible way!)

SckizoBoy said:
I swear, of the four 'handegg' sports (Rugby Union, Rugby League, Aussie Rules & American Football), American Football has the least 'ball' to foot contact. At least the others have the decency to exclude the term 'football' in their colloquial names. Jeez... -_-
It used to have much more. But then some rules got changed, and kicking the ball became less useful. Or something like that.

But lol you sound like such a stereotypical British sports fan
Which British stereotype you referring to, there're plenty: French-hating? American-hating? Upper-class snob-type? Football hooligan? Which one? So many!

To be fair, though... when I wrote that post, I was channelling a bit of all of 'em! :)