Poll: Survey for Curiosity's Sake: Gender of MLP:FiM fans

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
It's a manly show. Face it, it takes real balls to admit that you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic unironically, that you enjoy the writing, animation and characters and can appreciate that it is a funny, well-made and thoroughly entertaining show.

As such, I am a proud brony.

Feb 11, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I'm a guy. I just find the show to be pure concentrated fun.
My agreement is astonishing. I am also a dood and I love this show more than almost anything I can think of right now. It's just, as Dash would say...

"SO AWESOME"

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Female, but I see why guys love it. It's just a fun kid's show and it GETS what most modern day cartoons seem to have forgotten and tossed in the bin.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I haven't even watched a single episode. I'm mildly curious because of the hubbub about it, but I barely watch TV at all, so it will need to be equivalent to the level of Crazy Awesome found in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to make me watch it.

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
male, went into the series a while ago to research the popular appeal towards men, then striped down and went native shortly afterwards.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
TimeLord said:
20 year old Time Lord Male. And proud.

I wear these badges on my jacket lapels to show my commitment ;)

Dude... that's friggin awesome. Where did you GET those?! I kinda want one now. Or two. Or three...

...er, where was I? Oh yeah, my gender. I am a man with a black belt in aikido, shelves of Beast Wars Transformers, the first season of the Man Show, and a copy of The Killing Joke in hardback.

And my favorite pony is Pinkie Pie.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Leemaster777 said:
TimeLord said:

Dude... that's friggin awesome. Where did you GET those?! I kinda want one now. Or two. Or three...

...er, where was I? Oh yeah, my gender. I am a man with a black belt in aikido, shelves of Beast Wars Transformers, the first season of the Man Show, and a copy of The Killing Joke in hardback.

The Internet, or specifically this badge shop [http://shop.ebay.co.uk/badge_academy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25] on eBay.

£0.99 each. Bargin!

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
TimeLord said:
Leemaster777 said:
TimeLord said:

The Internet, or specifically this badge shop [http://shop.ebay.co.uk/badge_academy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25] on eBay.

£0.99 each. Bargin!
Awesome, thanks for the tip! Think I might go with "20% cooler".

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Female.

I loved the original back in the 80s. Hated everything else until Friendship is Magic - Lauren Faust used the original series (the 80s series) as her inspiration, and she did a wonderful job updating it.

Also, if you watch the original, there's a pony named Twilight. If you look at episode 23 of the new series, you'll see that Twilight is Twilight Sparkle's mother. ^^

That's one of the many things I love about the FiM - it makes nods to the original.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Male

I watch it because I think it's just a really awesome, well made show. It's funny without being gross-out, it's animated pretty well and has a very nice art style in my opinion, and it's written very well, not the best ever, but still pretty good.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Ma-a-a-a-a-a-le, and I'm in a freaking Pony RP. HOW DID ZIS HOPPIN?!?

Bless you Pinkie Pie!

I'm converting my gamer friends into Bronies too. All male.

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
Male. I was resistant at first, but I love how character-centered it is. Not to mention the quality animation (not to be confused with QUALITY). And I've been feeling much more cheerful since I've started watching it.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
lunncal said:
I think this is relevant, it is the most popular audience statistics of the 1st episode in HD on youtube.

Audiences
This video is most popular with:
Gender Age
Male 18-24
Male 25-34
Male 13-17

Go check the statistics if you don't believe me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWmGnXvOR8
Its like that for almost every FiM related video. Every now and again the 13-17 demographic will be female but the other two are always rock solid in the y chromosome camp.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I'm male. What can I say? It's a good show, and I like it.

Usergroup link, for anyone who wants to help us conquer the Escapist one friendship at a time:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I'm male. I like ponies, Pinkie Pie the most, and I also like top hats.

[IMG width= 150]http://i.imgur.com/JKntB.jpg[/IMG]