Poll: Teen Sells His Kidney for an iPad 2.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Not for an iPad2... Maybe a new car.

That said I own an iPad2 and will apparently be given one for work in a couple weeks so maybe I'm just jaded. I've never thought it was all that great, I just wanted a bigger iPod touch to use for remote desktop and it delivers admirably.

Then again actually knowing a few Chinese nationals here as students, I know that Apple product are crazy more expensive to get in China than in America.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
I'm going to be honest and this may sound cruel but if you sell your kidney for an ipad you kinda deserve whatever consequences follow.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Absolutely.

Given the money needed to retire several years earlier than expected, I'd be all over it. Someone wins by getting a much needed organ, and I win by removing a huge element of stress and potential frustration from my life.

Trading an organ for something as petty as an iPad2 seems silly. It wont be long at all before the device is completely out of date for starters.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
Well to be fair i do have two of them, and i'm a universal donor.

I kid. The answer is no. And honestly i'm not surprised that this happened. I wish more people would realize that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is and you are better off taking your business elsewhere.

Kirb Zero

Jun 2, 2011
manythings said:
Fuck tard. He could probably get $10,000 on the international market not to mention it will be superceded by the ipad three in about 15 minutes.
Wait. Really? If true, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
nah. my hair maybe(what? i've got lots of it, and they pay good money for it in some countries)

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
i think the real question here is, why would i want an ipad? (or a "i"anything)

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Dags90 said:
Kopikatsu said:
Uh...no.

The human body really doesn't have too many 'spare parts'. It's all in there for a reason.
The kidneys contain about 2 million nephrons, you only need about 800,000 to live without dialysis. And you don't need that much lung or liver to live.

I wouldn't give mine away though, it's like giving away a spare tire or condom. Just after you've given it away, the need pops up.
Ha, pops up...

...you know, because of the condom, and something pops up, and...

...I'll leave now...

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
It's all in there for a reason. (If anyone brings up the appendix, I will pop you right in the kisser.)
What about the gall bladder?

You don't REALLY need it. It's basically just a spare bile sack that only occasionally tries to hurt you.

OT: He must feel like a right arse now.

Not a left arse, a right arse.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
Sure, for the right price. If I got $2 billion I would be set and could buy a new one if I needed to.

BrassButtons

Nov 17, 2009
Assuming the risk of health issues is low, and assuming it were made legal, than sure. I get money, someone else gets a lifesaving treatment. That's about as win-win as you can get.

cheywoodward

Dec 2, 2009
I wouldn't sell my kidney unless it was a life or death circumstance (that includes the lives of my friends and family).

However, because we don't need two kidneys, and donating a kidney is not an incredibly uncommon occurrence, I wouldn't think that the fact that he only has one kidney is the reason he's getting sick or that selling a kidney makes him monumentally stupid (only the really stupid people deserve monuments). What makes him stupid is what he sold the kidney for (a material possession) and the fact that he trusted someone who buys kidneys over the internet. I would imagine (although I have no real proof) that the surgery was not performed correctly (a rare occurrence because most black-market surgeons are so very professional) and he is sick because of that, not because he has only one kidney, which is not dangerous or bad for your health in the short-term. I think this is more an example of a naive and somewhat unintelligent (or overconfident) child who knew that he could live with one kidney but failed to take into account the skill and legitimacy of the people running an organ-harvesting ring.

jawg_t-j

Sep 1, 2010
I think this popped up a few years ago hear uni student selling there spare kidneys to pay of there uni bills. there was some huge stupid like statistic like 1 in 77 (I wasn't paying attention at the time) and believe it or not this was before the tuition cap rise.

Cedar

Jul 19, 2008
I would not sell any of my internal organs because you kever know when your body will need the spare.