Poll: The Beach

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
there is a beach that lots of my friends go to during the summer called wasaga (biggest freshwater beach). many people just usually go there and get drunk.

i have a cottage and usually just go swimming up there. there is a sandy little ebach about five feet long that is on our property but it does not really matter because i go sailing.

to make this short no but i do like swimming

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Mmm I honestly don't like the beach. In reference to Dylan Moran, I'm not one to fling myself into the sea that is inhabited by things that exist only to kill you; sharks, jellyfish, swimming knifes.

I wish I was a beach person, but I'm not.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Prized Cup said:
Your beach in particular sounds like the most boring beach on the planet
You gotta understand its till very cold were I live, a lot of people were having fun and its even better when it is warmer

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I love the beach.
At night is a totally different experience from going during the day.
So I like night better, but day is lovely too.
Good place for a talk with a friend.

Jun 13, 2009
I only really like the beach if it is fairly deserted. Those holiday resort beaches are horrible with the packed sand, screaming children everywhere and of course the obligatory large mother with tiny bikini who is covered from head to toe in fake tan and looks like a giant orange trying to squeeze through a sieve.

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
I love the beach. The sun, the sea, the sand, it's awesome. I don't live near the coast so I don't go often but I could spend all day on one.

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
Icy Lemon said:
Pfft, try irish beaches. The waters fucking freezing.
Oh you spoiled person, try swimming in Maine. Even in the summer the water is usually below 50 degrees.

My favorite beach of all time was once when I was in Florida and I went out onto a deserted beach at sunrise. The water was close to 80 degrees and the sand wasn't hot yet. Paradise... to this day my life plan consists of "Find beach like the aforementioned, live there forever."

Angry Caterpillar

Feb 26, 2010
I love beaches, especially when no one is around. It bugs me that my secret little beach in my favorite spot in the universe was discovered by other partying teenagers who go to the same place as me for vacation.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Furburt said:
The beach is a lovely place, when it's completely empty.

A nice beach in Donegal, with the sun beating down and no one there, swimming in the blue of the Atlantic ocean. Ahhh, paradise.
Well said. I used to live in a small town called Tofino on Vancouver Island and in the summer it was a tourism hotpot and I avoided the beaches like the plague. But for the rest of the ten months of the year I could go to a beach and not see a human for as far as my gaze would take me.
It's pretty awesome to stand in a bay watching towering waves crash onto the shore against rocks. It reminds you how small you really all in this universe.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
I voted yes, but only in regard to holiday beaches. I'm quite happy to take in the sun, and wear sunglasses so I can watch the hunky semi-naked men strut past. Don't judge it 'til you try it. Also, I like swimming ridiculous amounts.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Having grown up in Hawaii (on Kauai, to be specific) I grew to take the beach for granted. It was always there, surrounding us, and it always would be. When I moved to Southern California I also took the beach for granted; I lived in the Santa Monica/Venice area so the shoreline was never more than a few minutes away.

Then I moved to Nevada, a landlocked state (Las Vegas, to again be specific.) I then learned the folly of my ways in thinking the ocean would always be there for me. I'd forsaken it for the high-desert and (Lake Mead and all the jet fuel it contains.) I swore if I ever left the desert I'd never live in a land-locked state again.

Then I moved to Washington (the greater Seattle area, moved a few times) and could once again appreciate the water and all it has to offer: moisture, wetness, and a seemingly endless supply of shoreline and expansive horizon. Then I went to what the locals refer to as "the beach": Alki. It is not, by even the most liberal definition, "the beach". Rather, it's a shoreline (not to be confused with Shoreline, an area outside Seattle) made up of a rocky surface, murky-green-to-black water, and crap for desirable entry (really, you don't want to go into the water.)

It was then that I regretted ever taking the beach for granted. I miss the soft, gritty texture of the warm sand, the sparkling blue waters clear enough to see to incredible depths, the amazing sea-life and coral reefs teeming with creatures of endless descriptions. The cool breezes, the warm sunshine, the casual togetherness the beach can bring.

Never take the beach for granted, you'll live to regret it.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I hate it.
Fucking sucks. Nothing to do there. It's just annoying sand, overly salty water and clusters of retards.
And its too damn sunny. Burns my eyes to the point of near blindness.

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009
I live a little more than a hour from the nearest beach. I go there several times a year and I love every minute of it. Destin, FL, is my favorite beach within driving distance, simply because it isn't too crowded but there are tons of things to do there. The water is awesome every time I go. Orange Beach near Mobile is also amazing. The beach there is great for skim-boarding and crab hunting, two of my favorite beach pastimes!

Plus, girls in bikinis. C'mon, what more could you want! :D

Lonator

Jan 25, 2010
I love it, nothing beats going to the beach for new years eve or Australia day with friends.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
lenneth said:
Which is kind of ironic that i live in a that i live in a town right on the coast
Not very ironic, like it makes sense why you might not like it.

OT: I enjoy the beach because I so rarely go, only really like it when I am without parents to watch me and when there are waves. Fucking things are fun when your swimming.

Cinnonym

Mar 3, 2010
I love the beach, take out the boogie board, nap on the warm sand. Very relaxing. My only beef with it is the fact that I'm pale and I frrrrryyyyy.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I live in Charleston, I'm at the beach most days of the week during the summer and many days in the other months for surfing. I love love love where I live.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
I like the beac, on a pond. The beach at a beachy sea area is usually filled with people, and i dont like that.

I like being alone with my girlfriend watching the sun set bellow the mountains and as we lean in close and... alright ill stop here.

Lets jsut say those days you never forget.