Poll: The Coolest/Deadliest Warrior

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
This isn't a VS thread, unless you want it to be. ;)

Which class of fighter is your favorite, if you had to become one, which would it be? Of course video games will influence your decisions but it would be nice to get some his'tre in here too.

I would say its a tie between the Knight and the Samurai. Both are so damn cool to see in a fight, but against each other I don't know who would win. IF you have any suggestions for poll options let me know, obviously I'm not an expert.

Modern Soldier means the guys you see today, using guns and explosives.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
I say any type of soldier that uses a scythe, because honestly, it just screams badassness.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I vote Viking, because they were the only ones to ever conquer Russia.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Hard to say. I really don't think "deadliest" is really a contest, since these days that would be pretty much anyone who can pick up an assault rifle, warrior or no.

Coolest...I'ma go with Kamakura era samurai. Back before spears replaced naginata as the samurai's secondary weapon, and their primary weapons were still horse bows.

Douk said:
I would say its a tie between the Knight and the Samurai. Both are so damn cool to see in a fight, but against each other I don't know who would win. IF you have any suggestions for poll options let me know, obviously I'm not an expert.
You might find <url=http://www.thehaca.com/essays/knightvs.htm>this interesting. It's long, but fascinating.

Snowalker said:
I say any type of soldier that uses a scythe, because honestly, it just screams badassness.
<url=http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9550/polishscythemen1863.png>These guys, then.

Yes, those are scythes (Polish war scythes). You won't find soldiers using any other type (standard design is far too impractical), though I wouldn't rule out the possibility of badass farmers.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
Gotta go with Medieval Knight, because their swords get fucking insane and their armor, though heavier than the other fighters' armor, can look kickass. Plus, you can be fat and fire guns (though most modern soldiers aren't from what I've seen). You canNOT wield a claymore and have an ass-belly. You just can't.

-Oh, and their code of chivalry is more acceptable to my Western mind then the samurai's code, which would call for self-disembowelment when dishonored. Not to say their katana's aren't a threat to broadswords...

...Just not the mighty claymores.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Silly question, the answer isn't even on that list so I won't vote, everyone knows KRATOS is the ONLY Coolest and Deadliest warrior, I can't think of anyone that comes close :)

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
NeutralDrow said:
Snowalker said:
<url=http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9550/polishscythemen1863.png>These guys, then.

Yes, those are scythes (Polish war scythes). You won't find soldiers using any other type (standard design is far too impractical), though I wouldn't rule out the possibility of badass farmers.
You didn't have to explain, I know about the different types of scythes, I happen to be a really big fan. Yeah, those guys are extremely cool. I just didn't feel like looking a group of soldiers, thank you for doing the hard work.

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
pulse2 said:
Silly question, the answer isn't even on that list so I won't vote, everyone knows KRATOS is the ONLY Coolest and Deadliest warrior, I can't think of anyone that comes close :)
THIS!!! HE WILL RIP YOUR SHIT UP AND POCKET IT AS A COLLECTIBLE TO GET A TROPHY!!!!

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
You can have your swords with your fancy armor and shield and years of dedicated training in close quarter dueling. I'll take an AA-12 and point it in the general direction of something I want dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

It fires exploding shells at 200 rpm. THAT IS A SPACE MARINE BOLTER!! Target's don't die, they disintegrate. It will be the shotgun of our military in the next few years.

Oh, and if that doesn't work, there's always one of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m225CyqeEAs&feature=related

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Are we talking weapons? If so, yeah, the modern. But warrior? Not a chance for modern. All I have seen in the military doesn't compare to the dedication and purpose warriors from the past have been shown to have in the moogies. It's actually kinda lame in comparison, but luckely we have pretty cool boom sticks.

But I have never met a viking or samuri, so I don't know.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Modern soldier, because he/she would kick the collective asses of all of those old style warriors. Especially with modern technology like air strikes and whatnot. And I don't care what James Cameron has to say about that, either...