Poll: The Coolest/Deadliest Warrior

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Wardog13 said:
FUCK YOUR SWORDS
Why risk bodily harm being manly when you can just shoot from cover like a cowardly archer? But yeah, guns are the deadliest in this day and age.

Personally, I vote for either the Mongol or Celt.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I believe they've done something like this...and pirates actually always won. Because they have no honor code and don't give a shit about anything. So basically, they'll fuck everyone up and be happy about it. I know they weren't a choice, but I thought I'd add that little tidbit.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Im going to say Medieval Knight. Adding a modern soldier kind of makes it unfair considering the whole guns thing.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Highlanders. Any age. Any type. from the celts and picts to the Black watch and modern highlander regiments.

Agh. Get thee phlegm rollin boys

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Wardog13 said:

FUCK YOUR SWORDS
Guns are fucking coward's weapons as far as warriors are concerned, if you ask me. A real warrior has the balls to meet his enemy face to face and look him in the eye before killing him; using either bare hands or a melee weapon. Anything else is for cowards and weaklings.
/my opinion

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Douk said:
This isn't a VS thread, unless you want it to be. ;)

Which class of fighter is your favorite, if you had to become one, which would it be? Of course video games will influence your decisions but it would be nice to get some his'tre in here too.

I would say its a tie between the Knight and the Samurai. Both are so damn cool to see in a fight, but against each other I don't know who would win. IF you have any suggestions for poll options let me know, obviously I'm not an expert.

Modern Soldier means the guys you see today, using guns and explosives.
Depends on what you mean by "deadliest". if it's:

Kill Capability: The Modern Soldier. A single bullet can take the life of an enemy to varying degrees of distance, and considering that the standard soldier will carry easily over a hundred rounds in ammunition and can fire all of that in less than 10 minutes makes it extremely lethal. Conversely a more classical warrior could only kill one or two dozen competent opponents without becoming exhausted.

Stealth: The Ninja. Masters of balance and deception, a competent ninja can infiltrate all but the most well guarded locations without even alerting a single guard. There is actually a technique that ninjas can use that will make a guard doubt their own senses, making infiltration and exfiltration easier.

Style: The Samurai. born the a society where killing was an art, and it's ranks were filled with master artisans, a samurai know war in all it's forms. Though traditionally portrayed as honorable knights, they were elite soldiers who put loyalty above all else, and could be whipped into a killing frenzy rivaling that of the traditional berserker. And lets not forget their weaponry. the The katana both light and fast, could cleave through 3 people in less than a tenth of a second, yet was strong enough to survive hits with much heavier weapons due to it's ability to bend slightly. And should the enemy be armored with plate- or chain-mail, the katana could be used to pierce as well. Truly the greatest of all melee weapons.

VinnyKings

Nov 30, 2009
drizztmainsword said:
Ninja.

There are ten ninja in the room with you RIGHT NOW!
Yeah man! Where the fuck are the ninjas?
Ninjas are the coolest deadliest things to ever live.
On that note where are the pirates?

mrbones228

Dec 13, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Wardog13 said:

FUCK YOUR SWORDS
Guns are fucking coward's weapons as far as warriors are concerned, if you ask me. A real warrior has the balls to meet his enemy face to face and look him in the eye before killing him; using either bare hands or a melee weapon. Anything else is for cowards and weaklings.
/my opinion
Strange how everyone bitches when someone knifes in MW2 then.

Moravich said:
no one has said spartans?!?!
Because, *ahem* THIS IS NOT SPATA!!!!!!

Buschmaki

Apr 16, 2009
Darth Vader would win with his karate class he took from Chuck Norris. Look it up it's true.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I'm a bit torn between ninja and viking here. I think i'll have to betray my ancestors and go for ninja.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Wardog13 said:

FUCK YOUR SWORDS
/my opinion
That's a very idealistic view on things. You think modern soldiers are cowards and weaklings? They have to face enemies using weapons that can kill them from a distance in a split second. That takes an enormous amount of balls in my opinion. Much less cowardly than a man who sit on his warhorse with enough armour plating to disable him if he falls off his horse, slashing through footmen who can't even touch him.

Using a bow was never considered cowardice, in fact it was heavily encouraged for peasants to take archery lessons. Oh wait, no, it was the law. This is also in one of the most chivalry centric cultures the world has ever seen.

You use what works. Fighting otherwise is sheer idiocy. Even the damn honour-obsessed samurai used bows.