Poll: The Coolest/Deadliest Warrior

thepopeofatheism

Jul 14, 2008
All this thread is telling me is that people watch too many ninja movies and animes.

Just saying.

They're still human.

Gingerman

Aug 20, 2009
When ever I read the pro samurai posts on any forum I always let out a deep sigh at how people take what they hear in movies/animes seriously. I mean really people a bit of research is all I ask and no bleach doesn't count.

I say modern soldier for deadliest because... well gun? Coolest Viking because mead and axes, cant beat it.

(I apologise in advance for the pro samurai folk who voted for them due to coolness which is fair game. But to ze others really... research... please?)

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I went with Spartans, because as both 300 and God of War have demonstrated, they kick incredible amounts of ass.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
If you had to become one?

Then it's easily the modern soldier, followed by the medieval knight, based on the criteria of life expectancy and quality of life.

Gavmando

Feb 3, 2009
Spartans people! SPARTANS!!!

You start being trained to kill from the age of 7, and you're not considered a man till you turn 30. They are the hardest motherfuckers ever to walk this earth. Just remember 300 of them, (plus 1400 Perioci,) held off at least 100,00 strong Persian army for 3 days! And the only reason they were eventually killed was because they were surrounded.

If only we could bring some to our time and train them with modern weapons...

Feb 19, 2010
Angerwing said:
I voted Viking's, because one Viking held off the English army at Stamford Bridge. He just stood there with his axe and fucked up anyone who came near, allowing his army to proceed unimpeded. In fact, they only killed him by boating underneath the bridge and stabbing him with a spear in the nads.
ye, he killed 42 soilders

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Spartans. They're the only ones who actually live up to the hype.

Oh, Vikings are cool too, but... not as cool as Spartans.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
I'm going to vote Vikings. 7 foot warriors wielding axes bigger than Samurais.

Honerable mention goes to Celtic warriors. From what I understand they ran into battle naked. Now that takes real balls