Poll: The enslavement of Humanity

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
LimaBravo said:
Evil Jak said:
LimaBravo said:
I plan to incite world peace and on the day that everyone throws down their arms I shall rule the world by wielding a butter knife.

Did they throw away their brains too? They would just slap you right in the butter knife.
Id like to see them try, you can do alot of damage with a butter knife especially the cut tooth kind as opposed ot the pressed serretation.

Thats a bread knife... I guess you can do alot of damage with a butter knife, if you're enemy is... butter-based.

RetroViruses

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Jak said:
The3Apocalypses said:
Evil Jak said:
That Dude With A Face said:
Evil Jak said:
Obama will try to take us over in his New World Order. Just wait...

Grab you guns!!! Molōn labe!

You are joking, right? ...Right?
Nope. He will try, and he will fail miserably. Just wait...

I... I still can't shake the feeling that you are joking, I think it's the dots.
We Will Be Enslaved By The Dots... ALL HAIL THE ELLIPSIS!!!

In all seriousness, there is so little chance of intelligent, space faring life ANYWHERE in the universe, so no chance of aliens.
Viruses would not enslave, although it could result in a new world order (one specific group develops a consistant immunity, enslaves all other random survivors).
People won't agree very well, so new world order/religion is very unlikely.

Once we program A.I. smart enough, they could potentially enslave us, but we would probably have programmed an off switch...But my vote goes with them...

Why do people think that Aliens are likely to exist? This planet only has life as intelligent as us on it because of a series of gigantic coincidences.
Are you agreeing with me or...? I am confused...

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
The3Apocalypses said:
Evil Jak said:
The3Apocalypses said:
Evil Jak said:
Evil Jak said:

I... I still can't shake the feeling that you are joking, I think it's the dots.

In all seriousness, there is so little chance of intelligent, space faring life ANYWHERE in the universe, so no chance of aliens.
Viruses would not enslave, although it could result in a new world order (one specific group develops a consistant immunity, enslaves all other random survivors).

Once we program A.I. smart enough, they could potentially enslave us, but we would probably have programmed an off switch...But my vote goes with them...

Why do people think that Aliens are likely to exist? This planet only has life as intelligent as us on it because of a series of gigantic coincidences.
Are you agreeing with me or...? I am confused...

Yeas? You did say that it is unlikely that Aliens exist, right? If so then yes, I agree.

Blood_Lined

Mar 31, 2009
A new world order sounds most probable next to a zombie outbreak or evil robots, now all of these would suck, but at least the zombie outbreak would be a little exciting and put all of our Left 4 Dead game time to good use.

edinflames

Dec 21, 2007
massau said:
i think we are already enslaved by the rich (working every day )and they are getting rich even when they are sleeping
Amen to that.

Y'all don't need to worry about AI or aliens or some kind of nutty conspiracy. The richest 1% are the people running the show and they don't need to meet up and pray to Imhotep or use snake symbols to identify themselves.

The means by which this status quo is maintained are thus: Religion, the fractional reserve monetary system (the greatest scam in human history), media manipulation and your own elected officials (who are almost exclusively drawn from the richest social class in any given nation). The so called 'elite' are not plotting to take over, the bourgeois class have been at the top of the heap for at least 300 years, today they act merely out of self interest.

Have a read of 'the Communist Manifesto' by Karl Marx and Frederick Engles. I'm not a communist myself but the principals of the 'Marxist' perspective are essential to understanding how society functions politically and economically. Class conflict is the principal driving force for change in human history.

All that other 'enslavement' crap is distraction and idle fantasy.

edinflames

Dec 21, 2007
Evil Jak said:
The3Apocalypses said:
Evil Jak said:
Evil Jak said:

Gigantic coincidences which are easily repeatable given the innumerable galaxies, stars and planets in the universe. Chances are we won't ever encounter aliens, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Probability is on the side of the X-Files fans i'm afraid (though obviously not in the way the X-Files shows things).

Besides, who's to say Alien life has to exist in any kind of way similar to earth?

If you look up the theory of 'Abiogenesis' you'll see that, given the right chemical compounds and the time required, life isn't miraculous at all - its inevitable.

Izakflashman

Dec 18, 2008
massau said:
i think we are already enslaved by the rich (working every day )and they are getting rich even when they are sleeping
Working isn't really slavery. I never heard of people looking in the paper for a good job where they would get several lashings a day with a good dose of brutality and unfair working conditions. Lol. I jest. I know what you mean.

A religious order enslaving humanity is obviously a popular one, but I find it unlikely that it would be a western religion is the one that would do it. They bend over backwards to often to really be a "threat to your freedom." More often than not they are the ones getting shit on. "Hey your not aloud to say that yours is the only god! You have to be sensitive and shit... Now we throw you to the lions."

A.I. Taking over the world is a funny concept. Its like a re-revised version Of the luddites from the industrial revolution, getting pissed off that machinery was taking all their jobs away, so they go in there and smash em all. So if worst comes to worst and machines take over the world in a Isaac Asimov type fashion, we can always use the same tactics we did 200 years ago... Use hammers.

New world order would be my choice. Has anyone heard about the agenda entitled "Reforming the United Nations for A New Global Agenda." given to Helen Clark in the UN? Pretty crazy shit, I don't know if you can find stuff about it on the net, but its worth a go. Pretty much they want the UN to be the big dawg and have the final say over everything. I can't be bothered going into much more detail, because I'm reciting it from memory anyway, and My memory isn't the best.

Sergeant M. Fudgey

Mar 26, 2009
Rajin Cajun said:
Biek said:
Calapidgeon Superman said:
Biek said:
You seem to have forgotten an Imperial invasion as an option...
Could come under the others option, and to be fair there is more chance of the governments co-operating to create a new world order and enslaving us, then a single empire taking over the entire world, I mean Germany and Britain came close but failed
I was actually talking about the god emperor of mankind.
Death to the False Emperor! For Horus!
False? no, no, vegetable-of-an-Emperor and False Emperor are two completely different things. Heh. I'm glad the Ecclesiarchy hasn't been discovered yet, or I would have had my face turned inside out and my fingers made into a wicker basket by now.

lenin_117

Nov 16, 2008
massau said:
Aren't you a whiny (*eyes dart looking for moderators*) nothing. You don't have to work, you get paid for it (hence not slave) and you choose where you work. And why shouldn't the rich get more rich in their sleep? They worked hard for it/ risked a lot.

Vicente de Lisboa

Apr 14, 2009
Why would Aliens or an AI bother with enslaving us?

Either should be perfectly able to extract the planet's resources just fine with robots and other machines. Heck, Aliens would probably not even need the planet's resources. If they can travel between stars than their energy/material means and needs are way above what a planet can give without being simply stripped to the core (and probably including it).

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Well, I have to say AI. If it ever happened, we'd be screwed: the majority of us rely on tech to a scary degree.

samsprinkle

Jun 29, 2008
massau said:
Then become the rich. It's possible with a little lack of elbow grease.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Take a look around, sure itm ay not be A.I. but we are already enslaved to our robot masters, checking facebook/twitter every ten seconds, even now im typing thos on a computer, humanity is already enslaved. Fool.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
My problems aliens 1. Why would aliens be more or less advanced than us? 2. What would they want from us? They would probably be too distant for anything material we have to be worth the trip.
My problem with A.I. Technology may be advancing by leaps and bounds but we have made no progress in A.I proper in decades.
My problems with a viral outbreak. Some diseases and even parasites can affect the human brain, but they don't "seize control" they just kill their host, and what do you think your immune system is for?
My problems with a religious organization. Seizing power openly usually means sacrificing moral superiority, which is more useful for making a large group of people believe a specific doctrine(The ostensible purpose of most major religions) than direct political power. Even if they seize control secretly religious groups typically split frequently over specifics of doctrine and morality, which undermines most grand schemes like world domination. My problem with New World order, If you have the knowledge, power and resources to create a new order from scratch, why wouldn't you save yourself the trouble and take over the existing order? The most likely candidates for ruling the earth are existing major governments, like America and China.