Poll: The Escapist's New(er) Format

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You'll get used to anything in time, and so I did with this new format.

I'll miss that bright red 'You've got 1 new message' icon though.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Esotera said:
Responsiveness has got much better, along with the option to turn the intensity of a thousand suns down a notch, plus the forum menubar is much more convenient.

It does feel a lot like someone started designing a new site & then gave up halfway through though...why are lots of graphics & buttons from the old design still here? They don't fit with each other.

I preferred the old design, personally. Maybe it will grow on me.

Edit:

Ice Azure said:
Digikid said:
Bob Kyuss said:
60%...think they will listen now?
Doubtful.

They never ever asked for our input on that matter and that is absolutely unacceptable.
Meh, at least they don't ask us for input and don't do shit about it like Youtube, despite the fact that the layouts there just get crappier and more complicated every update and how almost everyone dislikes it.
They did ask for input, but only from pubclub members (apparently the original background was going to be even brighter than the default one now).
THAT IS EVEN WORSE. Listening to ONLY the "paying" members means that they do not care about other members opinion.

My respect for this site has gone down even further.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I personally prefer the new format, more crisp and modern looking. As for thinking an internet poll will do anything to sway the minds of people who already have their mind made up I have one thing to say

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Remember when you could scroll down, and on the side would be all the people who contribute to the site, and the latest video they've uploaded? That was really useful. It let me make sure I hadn't missed anything. Bring it back.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Casual Shinji said:

To punctuate the credibility of what you say even more, I got a tad excited just seeing that red text in your post. I guess I missed it more than I thought. The little orange envelope just isn't the same.

OT: I have nothing against the new layout. I am now getting used to it. You will too.

EDIT: Wow, 5000 posts. Huzzah!!

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
Z of the Na said:
Casual Shinji said:

To punctuate the credibility of what you say even more, I got a tad excited just seeing that red text in your post. I guess I missed it more than I thought. The little orange envelope just isn't the same.

OT: I have nothing against the new layout. I am now getting used to it. You will too.

EDIT: Wow, 5000 posts. Huzzah!!
Congrats!

However, as I've written a couple of other places, being used to something does not mean the same as preferring it.