Poll: The greatest RPG of all time

Ninja_X

Aug 9, 2009
I accidently clicked final fantasy, I wanted to click "other".

Its a tie between Disgaea and Persona for me.

spoonish

Jun 10, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
why is chrono trigger up there and not KOTOR?
my thoughts, pretty much to the dot.. and what about baldurs gate series, neverwinter nights?

if kotor, baldurs gate and ff8 could be combined into a single rpg, itd be the greatest.
its got the collection of the best twist in the plot(kotor), most memorable characters (hk47, minsc), and best overall story (baldurs gate)

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
why is chrono trigger up there and not KOTOR?
the better question is, why hasn't the chrono series gotten more votes? There simply aren't any games that can match it in terms of story, music and characters. People think otherwise, but they're so, so wrong.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Chrono Trigger, I can't think of a more well made game that still stands the test of time so well.

Hopefully Chrono Trigger will eventually be dethroned though, I would hate to think that a game made in 1996 can never be surpassed.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Knights of the Old Republic - probably my favorite game of all. I was going to say Legend of Mana, but it's been years since I've played it and I might not seem too interested in it anymore. Morrowind comes to mind though, but my choice is made.

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
I can't choose one so i'll have to go with two: Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online, oh the amount of hours spent on PSO was awesome.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
frank220 said:
You guys forgot to mention...

MORROWIND: BLOODMOON
and
MORROWIND: TRIBUNAL
Oh yeah, bloodmoon was the best elder scrolls expansion i ever played, it was cool how raven rock grew around you, and becomin a werewolf was the bees knees...

I wish i still had that game now...

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
Might and Magic VIII still is the top of the RPG list for me, but I have a feeling Borderlands will overthrow it.

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
Yeah, probably one of Mass Effect, The Witcher, Secret of Mana, and Earthbound. No need for the poll, you'll always forget something.

(My favorite is, in reality, Fallout 1... but I'm making a point here!) :)

mad benji89

May 4, 2009
for me i would say fallout 3 but to behonest i havent really been playing rpg's enougth to say which one is the best but it sure is my frav xD

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Since RPGs are all about immersion to me and Gothic 1 had immersed me the most I can remember, that's what gets my vote.

Arx Fatalis is a close second, though.

And Spellforce comes in third. Despite its RTS aspects, it feels mostly like an RPG (especially Shadow of the Phoenix).

System Shock 2 is even more immersive than all of these, but I consider it an FPS with RPG elements, not a real RPG.

Matt8Bit

Aug 11, 2009
Ocarina of Time does it for me, although Link's Awakening on the original gameboy really doesn't get enough praise!