Poll: The most annoying Video Game Characters Ever.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
The only time moira annoyed me was when she was nagging me to finish quests... pretty indifferent to her otherwise.

jokr2thief

Nov 22, 2007
AngryMan said:
okay, seriously. Why is Moira in the list? she's adorable!
Must be some sort of definition of the word adorable I was previously not acquainted with. She's small-animal-torturing insane, to begin with. The way she talks really worked my last nerve. She sounded a lot like a crazy Canadian Grandmother.

Then if you talked to her while you had an open quest from her, there were the 3-6 screens worth of dialogue that you had to sit through every time you talked to her just to get to a spot where you could see if she had bobby pins to sell you and get rid of some of the empty soda bottles you picked up.

forever saturday

Nov 6, 2008
am i the only person who didnt think that navi was annoying? seriously if she had voiced dialogue then maybe but she didnt actually say anything out loud. ok she said hey and listen but thats not like slippy, who tells you the same thing over and over. and OVER. with full voice. a voice that makes him sound like hes a helium junkie. i thought he was annoying after two minutes at my friends house. i really hate star fox.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
you should have put that chick from the new prince of persia in here, ''we must heal the fertile ground'' ah shut up

jokr2thief

Nov 22, 2007
mattttherman3 said:
you should have put that chick from the new prince of persia in here, ''we must heal the fertile ground'' ah shut up
I would feel bad picking on a chick who can explosively cum grass seeds. That's a real talent and any side-show in the world would be happy to have her.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Midna (Zelda:TP)
*shakes head in disapproval*

To be honest, none of these characters really annoy me. They can get on my nerves sometimes, but they're otherwise okay in my book. I haven't played GTA4 or Fallout 3, so I don't really know those characters.

Now, if you added Princess Ruto from OoT, that'd be a different story.

antipunt said:
*slaps forehead; it's b/c of people like you that they created that 'interesting' Midna game on the internet =P
Do I even wanna know....

scatmanfan

Dec 31, 2008
Are we forgetting someone? Mario games...red and white hat...very short...high pitched voice...toad! It's not that I hate him, but his voice gets SO ANNOYING!!!

hoskie

Dec 14, 2008
How could I not vote for Navi?

HEY! LISTEN!
HEY! LISTEN!
HEY! LISTEN!

That gets really old, really fast. ;P

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
jokr2thief said:
If you look back a few posts, I've already hashed through all the reasons Midna should have been sacrificed to the first handy pack of shadow creatures.
You mean this?
jokr2thief said:
You have got to be kidding me. The sexually suggestive noises, the annoying snarkiness, and the constant fingernail-on-chalkboard noises the Wiimote speaker made every time you came withing 150 yards of an object she could interact with weather you needed to interact with it or not... But what really pissed me off about her was the fact that she was supposed to be a support character in the same way Navi was and was suddenly an integral part of the storyline. She got shoehorned in there just to give players an excuse not to hate her. It only made me hate her more.

I heard someone allude to the fact that she grew on them. I liken this statement to finding a poison oak bush growing out of your ass and not having it looked at because it grew on you..
Let's dissect that:

Sexually suggestive noises? You know, that says more about the people who think that than the people who allegedly make those noises.

Annoying snarkiness? I'll give that to you; she's not exactly the most likable character when you first met her.

Laughter on the Wiimote? You can solve that by simply turning the Wiimote speaker off, or by playing on the Gamecube, where the laughter is non-existant.

Your next reason is just plain silly. Hating someone because they get their own integral part in the storyline is a dumb reason to hate. And she wasn't "shoehorned" into the storyline just so people wouldn't hate her. That's just ignorant.

And it's true that Midna is a character who grows on you; like I already said, she's not the most likable character when you first run into her, but how she changes as the game goes on is one of the most beautiful things to happen in gaming. I hated her at first, but now she's one of my favorite video game characters of all time. It's just a shame that not everyone can understand this, and instead opt to keep hating her. :(

mark_n_b

Mar 24, 2008
Again with the useless polls. The only way a poll would work for a thread like this is if you listed every video game character ever created.

Why didn't you include Marino from Puzzle Bobble 2? I mean he is easily more annoying than tails, so if it is a list of only the top handful of most irritating characters shouldn't he take that spot and bump off a lesser annoying character?

I see these kind of polls attached to open ended questions like this all the time on these forums. I am never inclined to participate. My favorite was the "who is the greatest game reviewer?" thread that included a poll that included yahtzee and the angry video game nerd. Neither of which could be considered the "greatest video game reviewer" by any stretch (yahtzee's frequent self proclamations of greatness set aside)

I mean, come on people, are you in fact curious about video game characters and increasing your knowledge about industry culture, or is it all just a big "look how many video game characters I know and how annoying I say they are, aren't I funny?"

and I mean Tails? Ashley? Moira Brown? each series has many more conceivably annoying characters. Tails especially, almost every other sidekick character in the Sonic series is worse.

Grrrrr... [/rant]

Stop asking general questions and including hyper-specific, goofball polls.

Powerhelix

Dec 19, 2008
I say Cortana in Halo 3... She keeps poping up on the screen and quoting herself from earlier games... I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE FREAKING GAME!!!! But instead, she interupts the flow of the game, and my adrenaline(sp?) just to say somthing that nobody cares about...

Kidchaos93

Sep 2, 2008
I say tom nook should be up there >.> i mean come on..hey im perfectly fine with my house. NO that raccoon piece of shit forces you into debt....

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
The lepers in Assassin's Creed.

*leper shove me for the umptenth billion time*
"You mother fucker GO AWAY!" *shank*
*guards attack*
"Oh come on..."