Poll: The Most Realistic Game Ever - Would You Play It?

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Matthew94 said:
I would use it to game real life.

Test situations then play them out in real life. Make ALL the money :D
What he said. Remember when cave Johnson invented the portal gun and was going to use it for a totally mundane and useless reason? This is pretty much that.

Actually think about it, if it's a game, then you become the god of a reality like your own.

Like a girl? Make her in the game.
Hate a person? ... Make them in the game.
Something went wrong in real life? ... Make it in the game.

There would be a chance of things going really badly. Like some sci-fi novel.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Honestly, I think that playing such a game would officially define you as legally crazy. You go to work (or more likely class) and experience your day-to-day life just so you can come home and play a game that's.....your day to day life.

Wouldn't this mean you could buy the game inside the game and play yourself playing the game? As for everyone saying "I'd play it just to try stuff out and experience it for myself." Well you're limited by what you can do/afford in real life. The only fun that could be had in this game (since you can reload your "character") would be to go straight up GTA and go on a crime spree, seeing how long you could last in "incredibly realistic situations" before your busted or killed. I mean think of how boring the "main questline" would be: go to work/class all day. Come home. Watch a movie. You'd officially be watching yourself live out your life, and I think that if you'd find that entertaining then there's something seriously wrong with you. :p

Edit: Oh, and in order for it to be as realistic as possible, there could be a save-and-quit function, but no straight up save and reload function. If you die, you can never play the game again. If you do go all GTA and go on a crime spree, get caught, convicted, and sent to prison for the rest of your life with a "very friendly" cell mate named Bubba Thunder Crotch, then that's where your character will be until it gets shanked in the showers for being a snitch. :p
I stopped listening after the "real life people" and "best graphics evarz", so the real realism part didn't register. I personally think there would be the joy of a puppeteer controlling things that are almost like human beings. Like Sims 3 except they're almost real people. That just assumes if you can cheat.

You would still be legally insane, just in a manipulative creepy kind of way.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
Achievement Unlocked- It's a boy: Be born

Achievement Unlocked- School Days: Complete the School Zone

Achievement Unlocked- It's just temporary, what I really want to do is dance: Take the quest in the Job Zone

Achievement Unlocked- I'll get those reports in by Friday sir: Spend 30 years in the Job Zone

Achievement Unlocked- Retirement: Reach Level 65

Achievement Unlocked- Meet The Reaper: Die Alone

Not a game I would like to play.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
That's not a game, its a simulation. Games have rules (and arguably objectives) that's just a simulation of life. As such I can't 'play it'. However I would certainly run some simulations since that sounds pretty cool. It would be more of an intellectual pursuit then an an entertainment pursuit though.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
How do you know you aren't playing it already?

I probably wouldn't, unless there was some kind of fantasy element to it (superpowers, magic or whatever).