Poll: the skinny jean fad

RooftopAssassin

Sep 13, 2009
They don't bother me. They shouldn't bother you either. Fads are fads. I also don't care who wears them, I'm not some elitist douche who thinks "Only good looking people should wear (insert clothing item here), because I don't feel like looking at (insert "abnormality" here) people in them."

BUT, you know what looks better than any kind of jeans? Proper grammar.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
The only leg garments I own are skinny jeans >_>. No cookies for guessing my viewpoint on them =D.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I'm not really bothered by them, but I would prefer not to wear them. They're just so uncomfortable for me. I'll just wear loose jeans, thank you.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
wouldn't catch me dead in them. girl with a nice ass in a pair is all good though.

I'm 18, what can I say.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I can't see how they could be comfortable. My balls can get sweaty/itchy enough when wearing regular jeans (pants in general for that matter). With skinny jeans I get the impression that I'd be re-adjusting myself enough that it would probably qualify as masturbation.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Slim fitting jeans are just fine, but when I see these douche-bags with bangs hanging over their eyes so they have to walk around with their head up in order to see under their hair, and girl pants on so tight that they don't even go over their skinny ass cheeks so their stupid polka-dot boxers are sticking out for all to see, that makes me want to throttle them.
I mean what is so tough about learning to dress yourself properly so you don't have to waddle around the mall like a coked out zombie?

Eddikins

Jul 1, 2010
I wear them constantly because i feel like a tramp in any other style thats more loose.

Dont even get me started on those parachute-like jeans.

Aug 26, 2008
As somewhere who only really wears clothes for the functionality, no. I can't imagine something more impractical and annoying. Dunno if I'd even get into them as my build isn't really close to 14 year old girl.

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
xXSMaC 123Xx said:
Hateren47 said:
As long as the ass isn't hanging out I don't really care. I still think they are for girls but people can wear what they want. When I see a guy in pants so skinny his ass is hanging out, I want to invade his privacy and help him put his clothes on right, though. Just sneak up on him, grab him by the belt and lift him off his feet and shake him into them.
I prefer really baggy pants, but as I want them without crap scribbled all over them in gold, they can be hard to find unless I shop on line.
lol I feel sorry for you having to shop online for "normal" jeans I just go to one of my local super markets and I have some nice baggy "normal" jeans.
I could just buy regular jeans from a super market a few sizes to large, but I don't mind paying for quality and supporting the local shops in my town. But if I walk into one of the local "street wear" shops and I'm presented with...
... I'm going straight back out. Who wears this shit? I'm way too pale to wear this much "bling"!

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
I wear them most of the time, my friends wear them most of the time.
I think they look nice (On the right person obviously).

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
I'm enjoying how almost everyone commenting on them being horribly uncomfortable, refuses to ever wear them. I only have skinnies and they are comfortable all day round, I could run in these things =D.

On a side note, I wear them because this is what I feel comfortable in and what make me feel more confident in myself, they are just the jeans for me =D So if this "fad" or "trend" goes, which tbh is actually the complete opposite round here you are more likely to have someone take the piss out of you for wearing them, then I will still be enjoying my skinnies to the full.

People should wear what makes them feel good, not follow trends and shouldn't give a shit what anyone else is wearing either.

Good day to you chaps.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Personally I wish the JNCO fad would come back in style, damn those were comfortable pants and shorts, even with the horrible art.

CRoone

Jul 1, 2010
Oh, the poll thing is broken. That stinks.

Well, for my part, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans. That is to say, I'm not a fan of wearing them myself - I'm more a fan of cargoes, which I find to be easier to do outdoor-type work in (that's about all I get interviewed for, anyway). I don't mind as much if it's other people that wear them, though I can't say that I approve. Between "Skinny Jeans" and "Jeans so loose you see Boxers, Briefs, and G-Strings", though, I'll gladly choose the former, if only to imagine that the people around me have more concern for modesty than they really do.

One thing's for certain, though: I will never understand the appeal of either dress style. Then again, I was raised by a more frugal family that believed in the idea of, "If it doesn't fit, don't wear it." To each their own, I guess.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Free Thinker said:
I'm afraid to even try wearing a pair for the fear I can put them on, but not take them off. Then my legs will lose circulation, I'll have to get my legs amputated, and then I'll spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair unless they make me a cyborg or do research on stem cells to grow limbs, which probably will never happen because people are twats...and did I just go on a rant? I feel like my point has been made.
You'll have deserved that fate for wearing skinny jeans to be fair.

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
They don't bother me. However, the people in them might.

Though, I don't appreciate it when the muffin queen wears them with a shirt that stops short of the waist.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I think they look stupid, and I'd never take some poor little girls jeans to wear them.

I can't wait until the fad is gone and all those "scene" kids grow out of it.