Poll: the skinny jean fad

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
ghostayami said:
Woodsey said:
ghostayami said:
so this fad came from the blue i didnt expect it to come back after the 70's but anything is possible i dont wear them myself but i find it kinda stupid because firt gerls started to wear then then one guy thought ''hmmm what if if i was one of them?'' then that make it come to the men. so i ask does it bother you??
Where are you from?

Anyway, I wear slim jeans not skinny.
I'm from california and everywhere you turn theres someone with skinny jeans
OK, well can you write properly then? It's a pain in the arse trying to decipher what someone has written when they've used no punctuation and half of their "sentences" don't make sense.

djfranza

Jun 18, 2010
I like skinny jeans. Not on myself, of course. A few months ago some guy who thought he was a rapper and happened to be wearing skinny jeans picked a fight with me in a bar....I couldn't even bring myself to hit him, I was laughing to hard. They saved me some unwanted jail time.

Not to say some girls might not find it attractive on guys. Just doesn't work for the "tough guy" look. Not at all.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:
People can wear whatever they like, if it honestly bothers you then you need to get yourself sorted. I don't have a problem with it, and neither should anybody else.

I don't wear them myself, but a number of friends do.
"Neither should anybody else"?

You support the right to wear whatever you want but deny others to think whatever they want?
IN MY OPINION I don't think anyone else should have a problem with someone wearing what they want to wear.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
I personally don't like to wear them because they're uncomfortable and strangle my boys. But I don't have a problem with what people wear so, I'm indifferent in that regard.

the wako kid

Mar 31, 2010
ghostayami said:
the wako kid said:
Ironic Pirate said:
the wako kid said:
Ironic Pirate said:
I find them hawt on girls, but they have shit pockets and I have shit legs, so I don't wear them.
and even then only girls with nice asses look hot in them.i prefer baggy clothes,and tried a pair of skinny jeans one time.the first time i got a boner the pants became unwearable.
I have a story about trying to use the restroom with a pair of those things, but it's probably way too much information for the forum.

Let's just say I had to take a running jump at some point, and leave your curiosity there.
my stiffy tore my jeans when I was at school.i had to wear my gym shorts th rest of the day.
wow umm well this proves man over skinny jean
now ive resolved to wear the loosest fitting levis available just so It doesnt happen again.in fact im wearing my 550s right now.

Bruin

Aug 16, 2010
SextusMaximus said:
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:
People can wear whatever they like, if it honestly bothers you then you need to get yourself sorted. I don't have a problem with it, and neither should anybody else.

You support the right to wear whatever you want but deny others to think whatever they want?
IN MY OPINION I don't think anyone else should have a problem with someone wearing what they want to wear.
That's not what you said at all.

Even so, people reserve the right to think whatever they want about whatever they want. Trying to tell people they should all think the way you think or they're crazy isn't a good way to win an argument.

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
I dont wear them persoanlly, wear what you want to wear and what you're comfortable with. Everyone else can get lost and look at or think of something else if they encounter someone with skinny jeans. They're just a clothing item, they dont deserve the ire they get.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
What's the difference between skinny jeans and "regular" jeans?

I saw some fat ***** saying she was wearing skinny jeans and I was like, 'I thought you were wearing fat jeans. They look fat. You're fat.'

"skinny" jeans are jeans that fit you and you are skinny as far as I can tell. Particularly jeans made to fit girls or women that have that specific form-fitting spandex look in the form of jeans.

Jul 13, 2010
I love skinnies, I wear them all the time, though I have found the fad has gotten a bit to big. Every frat boy and jock seems to have started wearing them to join in. None the less, I love my skinnies, and a bit of inventive buying has allowed me to keep wearing them while not getting caught about with a bunch of jocks.

Lrbearclaw

May 19, 2009
Macheteswordgun said:
They wouldnt bother me.... if they came in boys sizes
Or mens?

Seriously, I wouldn't wear them. As firstly, they are women's jeans so if you wear them you look well... to be blunt... you look gay.

Second, not only do I have an ass but I also have a package. Not a good combo for girl-pants (as they are called where I am/was from when the fad broke back out of the closet)

Lastly, I don't even wear regular fit jeans, I need relaxed fit or cargo pants (I like pockets).

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I wear "skinny jeans" because I'm huge and thus make normal jeans look very tight.
Heh... it hurts, sometimes.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
I think people wearing skinny jeans is a pretty cool guy. eh shows off legs and doesnt afraid of anything.

I have a pair and a wear them sometimes when going out.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:

Even so, people reserve the right to think whatever they want about whatever they want. Trying to tell people they should all think the way you think or they're crazy isn't a good way to win an argument.
Stop twisting my words. It's nasty, unnecessary and straight up disrespectful.

I wasn't saying that at all. I was saying that I thought that people should agree with me on the view that people should wear whatever they want. I didn't say they had to, I didn't threaten that anything would happen to them if they didn't. I just said that I thought (and think) that I have the correct view on the matter.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
the wako kid said:
Ironic Pirate said:
the wako kid said:
Ironic Pirate said:
I find them hawt on girls, but they have shit pockets and I have shit legs, so I don't wear them.
and even then only girls with nice asses look hot in them.i prefer baggy clothes,and tried a pair of skinny jeans one time.the first time i got a boner the pants became unwearable.
I have a story about trying to use the restroom with a pair of those things, but it's probably way too much information for the forum.

Let's just say I had to take a running jump at some point, and leave your curiosity there.
my stiffy tore my jeans when I was at school.i had to wear my gym shorts th rest of the day.
Tore them? Well, that must have been an interesting day...

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Skullkid4187 said:
No it doesn't I wear them and don't see why everyone hates them so much. They're just jeans.
I don't care for them as they violate a key tennant of jeans in that they are not even remotely comfortable. They restrict movement and airflow for the sake of a fashion trend that a significant portion of the population finds annoying at best. I don't particularly care if someone wants to wear such nonsense, but I tend to opt for less restrictive more comfortable clothing.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I don't get annoyed by them, but I think they look a little odd on guys and they crush your package.

But that said, they're good on girls because normal jeans make girls look like stereotypical butch lesbians.

Bruin

Aug 16, 2010
SextusMaximus said:
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:

I wasn't saying that at all. I was saying that I thought that people should agree with me on the view that people should wear whatever they want. I didn't say they had to, I didn't threaten that anything would happen to them if they didn't. I just said that I thought (and think) that I have the correct view on the matter.
I'm not twisting your words, I'm restating them in a way that makes more sense and reveals the hypocrisy in your logic.

You say people who don't like skinny jeans or have something against them need to "get themselves sorted". Get themselves sorted for an opinion of which we all have the right to make and defend. You then say you don't have a problem with it and that nobody else should. You're stating people who disagree with liking or wearing skinny jeans both need to be fixed or "sorted" and that we should agree with you on this front.

I do not. It's not even about the pants anymore, it's about defying the logic you're using to defend your point.

It's also a boring argument, I think, considering this is quite a popular occurrence around here--people failing to adhere to the same principles they justify their own arguments with.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
They cut off all circulation to the men who wear them so its a self correcting problem. Yay for that wonderful man named Charles Darwin.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:
Bruin said:
SextusMaximus said:

I'm not twisting your words, I'm restating them in a way that makes more sense and reveals the hypocrisy in your logic.

You say people who don't like skinny jeans or have something against them need to "get themselves sorted". Get themselves sorted for an opinion of which we all have the right to make and defend. You then say you don't have a problem with it and that nobody else should. You're stating people who disagree with liking or wearing skinny jeans both need to be fixed or "sorted" and that we should agree with you on this front.

I do not. It's not even about the pants anymore, it's about defying the logic you're using to defend your point.

It's also a boring argument, I think, considering this is quite a popular occurrence around here--people failing to adhere to the same principles they justify their own arguments with.
You said it yourself. I believe people should agree with me, I never said they have to.