Poll: the Universe

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
The universe is a pretty awesome thing to look at, especially when all you have to do is look up to see it. I imagine everyone loves the nature of space, so I'm just throwing it out there: what do you like about natural space and celestial bodies?

I like the Eagle nebula the most. All of its fantasitc randomly assorted colour is like a fractal or abstract painting. What's cooler yet is the fact that it's in 3D, it's a large cloud, not just a plane-like picture.
And your favorite?

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
A planet. Home. It's not much but until we can beat the rules of relativity its all we got.

Jamanticus

Sep 7, 2008
Darn it, Anarchemitis! I can't decide between nebulae and galaxies..... Hmmm... I suppose I'll vote for nebulae since they're prettiest and most varied.

Galaxies are my favorite for overall awesomeness, though.

EDIT: And the Eagle Nebula is my favorite, too.

The Crab Nebula comes in a close second, though:

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I chose nebula but I love to look up at night when its clear and see all of the constellations... yeah... I'm a sucker for pretty skies.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I was kind of expecting a question like

the Universe: Cool?
Yes
No

...just kidding =P

I love the look of all things celestial, but Nebulae are definitely the most beautiful things to look at out there.

Redlac

Dec 12, 2007
Nebula are gorgeous blobs of gas. I like galaxies, knowing that that slowly rotating thing is made up of billions and billions of stars planets and all sorts.

Favourite universe fact so far- there was a nebula discovered that was made up of enough alcohol to keep every person on planet Earth blind drunk for a minimum of 10,000 years. Mental.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Just remember that your standing on a planet that evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour
It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so they reckon, a sun that is the source of all our power
The sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see are moving at a million miles a day

ccjav

Apr 13, 2008
oooo evolving at 900 miles an hour.... darwin would be proud

black holes take it in my case... something so pristine and beautiful about impending doom

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Stars personally.

They are the givers of life if you think about it, all heavier elements are created within stars meaning we are literally made from star dust. Kind of romantic in a way.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
If I said you had a great Celestial Body, would you hold it against me? Hurr hurr.

I said Nebula, because they're pretty much universally awesome. I'll submit the Orion Nebula [http://bp3.blogger.com/_XkDUOi-2740/SB79H-KksFI/AAAAAAAAAB0/J42rFckJ4ko/S600/Orion+Nebula.jpg], not because it's better than the others, but because it hasn't been listed yet.

Jamanticus

Sep 7, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
jamanticus said:
The Crab Nebula comes in a close second, though
Curse you jamanticus. Steal my thunder will you!?

It's my favourite.

Mine!
Well, I couldn't find any nebulae called 'The Fractal Nebula'!

Here, I've found another nebula that...Sort of......Looks like a crab.............Or a spider..........

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
PedroSteckecilo post=18.75494.870484 said:
Just remember that your standing on a planet that evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour
It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so they reckon, a sun that is the source of all our power
The sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see are moving at a million miles a day
Anyone that can spout a Meaning of Life qoute is cool in my book, I gotta say though I love galaxies... especially spirals like Andromeda.