Poll: The Warrior, the Wizard and the Thief

rod_hynes

Jun 21, 2009
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
'No' says the Warrior, 'Im a physical character'. 'No' says the Thief 'I'm a stealth character'. 'No!' says the Mage 'I'm a magical character!.

But I rejected those classes. I chose the impossible. I chose... the over-powered stealthy-mage-knight.

Where the player will not fear the difficulty. Where the class will not be bound by a petty role. Where the player will not be confined by the playthrough.
Your my new hero.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
hidey hide stabby stab run run hide shiv.....
I think you may have the point.(if you know what I mean.. I'm so sorry)

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
well if i ever played DnD i think i would end up as a bard so thief.
Although if some one could tell me what the difference between sourceror and wizard in DnD 3.5 is i heard sourcerors get infinite spell casting on there chosen spells but are permenently locked into that choice and have less choice overall, is this correct

jetricx

Aug 29, 2011
I tend to play as a thief/stealth character.
Slit their throat and fade into the shadows.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Depends on the gameplay. Stealth sounds like fun, but can be annoying and arbitrary. Magic is often too complicated, especially when it's not turn based and you've no time to muck about with things.

Running up to the enemy and left clicking till it dies is nicely straightforwards.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
I voted warrior but I actually always go for a warrior hybrid. My main characters on wow are the paladin and death knight, on Skyrim I chose to go with blade and heavy armor primarily but with destruction and restoration magic support too, in Titan Quest I mixed warfare mastery (offensive melee combat) with fire mastery to be a battlemage. I just like having some cool spell support to my brawny killing machine or tank in the case of WoW and also SWTOR which I've now begun playing as an assassin tank (basically use a double-bladed lightsaber and force powers to tank).

So yeah, Warrior Hybrids ftw. :p

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
DA:O showed the best of the three: motherfucking Arcane Warrior. I'll use my magic to help me shove this big fucking sword up your ass, then use more of it to heal myself while you pathetically try to hurt me. Oh, and this plate shit I'm wearing regenerates my magic, so I won't run out unless I want to kill you in half a second instead of the usual three.

And then it's only if I have to kill fifty of you bitches at the same time.

But if that's not an option, I'll stick with warrior. Preferably mixed with one of the other two, but if not then oh well.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Epic poll question I laughed.
OT: The Thief all the way. Did you hear that? No of course not. Because nothing is actually there. The Shadows are empty and the torch is your friend and you're all alone. Just turn around and- DAGGER TO THE FACE! What was that, you say? It must have been your imagination. You turn to walk away and ponder the perdicam- ARROW IN THE EYE! As you lie on the ground slowly losing conciousness, he emerges and pilfers your pockets. The Thie- URK dead from poison.

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
Your including archers with warriors? Well thats just misleading. Anyways I always choose to be an archer. (Or gunslinger if we are talking about Fable or something in a more modern setting.)

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
I usually like going for a melee class, but there is pleasure to be had in burning your enemies to a crisp or freezing their balls off. So, I'd say that I mix 'n' match.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I thrive on a mix-match that doesn't gel properly.

My Skyrim character is a mage that specializes in heavy armor and blocking. It only goes up/downhill from there.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
I tend to naturally take a roguish approach when I can, but I always pick a mage class because frankly - given the choice between magic and not magic, I'm going with magic every time.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
warrior first usually. Although i did pick a pyromancer to play for some reason in dark souls(good choice too I think, I cant imagine doing some of those boss fights in heavy armour! your soooooo slow!)

In skyrim and oblivion my favoured class is the warrior who buffs himself with magic.

But right now im trying to play out of my comfort zone in skyrim. I have built a barbarian, Light armour, two handed weapon, no magic!

I have to say....its not the best build, but its fun to have challenging battles.

Arphaxon

Mar 11, 2010
I usually play a ranger type, if the option's there, but otherwise I'm all about brute force and lack of subtlety.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
All together. I like to weild my massive battle axe while sneaking into peoples houses and then setting them on fire with my magic. And then stealing all their stuff. It's how I roll.