Poll: Thieves Guild, Companions, Dark Brotherhood and Mages College

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Which is your favorite faction and why?

Mine personally is the Dark Brotherhood. They have a badass Argonian, a vampire girl and a sweet talking black dude (no racism intended)

But the Companions's guild have Werewolves, and my wife is that chick who doesn't wear a bro. So they're pretty cool too.

The Thieves guild are assholes as far as I could tell

And the College is alright.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I like the Companions the best, but I think that the Mage's College had the best quests.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Im in the mages and companions, but Im only with compainions for
The werewolves
so mages.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Radeonx said:
I like the Companions the best, but I think that the Mage's College had the best quests.
Yeah, totally.

The Phisic/Phsyjic (Whatever you call them) order was pretty badass with their Prince of Persia time manipulation. Maybe I could join them in the future. The Time Stop shout is pretty weaksauce

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
So far I like the Companions the best. They were a little short but you get some nice "perks".

AddytheGreat

May 25, 2009
I'm tied, the Dark Brotherhood had the best main quest (of the ones I've done) it was epic as all hell, and that ending. The Thieves guild has some really fun quests. If the missions of the Guild were with the story line of the Brotherhood, it would be absolutely amazing

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
i like using magic. But i prefer the people of the Thieves Guild more.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I prefer the Companions, but the Dark Brotherhood had awesome missions. The College was pretty cool too, except that one mission involving the staff. Thieves Guild, I fucking hate. They're a bunch of fucking douchebags, who are teamed up with the biggest ***** in all of Skyrim.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I've only joined the College of Winterhold so far, so them, but my experiences with both the Theives Guild and the Companions have been mixed. I haven't even seen the Dark Brotherhood outside of my (failed) assassination attempts.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
College of Winterhold for me.

The amazing tower room you get when you're the Archmage was my first place to live and it has an enchanting table right fucking there, love it. Plus the fight against Morokei the dragon priest lich was one of the most epic and difficult fights to date for me.

franconbean

Apr 30, 2011
I voted dark brotherhood because they are the only main guild quest I have completed. I would probably change my vote to the companions or mages guild if I were to complete their quest lines. To be really honest, the missions with the DB are really fun and it does contain one of the best quests I have done in the game so far, but
The ending where pretty much everyone dies (AGAIN god damn it) was like "Oh for fucks sake, I should have known this shit would happen"

Also, the thieves guild seem like terrible human beings in this one, far from the noble thieves of Cyrodil, even if a few of them do have some pretty deep sob stories to tell you.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
The College of WInterhold have been the most enjoyable for me so far. I've enough Companion quests to know what it means to have a wolfish smile. But I completed the College and Dark Brotherhood and I preferred the College. It was just a little more epic in my opinion.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Iv'e only finished the mage guild quests, and am only going through the Companions quest for a certain ability. The Mage guild quests are really good, and the arch mage robes you get are amazing for a mage like me. Even though they look stupid.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Thieves' Guild was my personal favorite as far as the actual quests went. I like that they're different and more dickish than the Thieves Guild from Oblivion, it'd get pretty repetitive if they were exactly the same. I also really like the Companions.

Mostly for letting you become a werewolf but still. Some of them are actually useful to have as followers as well.

College of Winterhold wasn't really memorable to me, except for maybe the final dungeon. Dark Brotherhood was okay, the final quests were pretty cool.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
I've only tried the Companions and the Mage guild. I'm not big on sneaking and pickpocketing, so the Thieves guild isn't looking so hot.

Also not big on murdering innocent people, so the Dark Brotherhood isn't looking so hot either. I'm sure I'll give them a try, but I doubt I'll go far in either.

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
I enjoy Dark Brotherhood, especially now that you can do proper assassinations! It is so fulfilling to sneak behind your target and neatly slit their throat.

Thieves Guild is the second, I don't know what I would do without them. I don't know what it is about this game (and Oblivion) that wakes the inner kleptomaniac in me. Must. Have. Shiny. Object.

franconbean said:
Also, the thieves guild seem like terrible human beings in this one, far from the noble thieves of Cyrodil, even if a few of them do have some pretty deep sob stories to tell you.
I agree. In Oblivion their "rules and noble quests" made them seem less like petty criminals. I remember them fondly. In Skyrim they are rude and generally not likable. I haven't completed that many quests yet because I mainly need them to move the thousands of little items that for some reason end up in my pockets. Maybe they'll become nicer later...