Poll: Thieves Guild, Companions, Dark Brotherhood and Mages College

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Haven't got to the dark brotherhood yet, just about to finish the thieves guild. The Thieves guild is the best so far for me. I like the whole stealth aspect of breaking in and then leaving (hopefully) unnoticed.
Asmundr said:
The Mages College.

The storyline was just epic. That is all.
The dungeons were nice but it was so predictable that the High elf was going to betray you slash try to kill you.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I'm partial to the Brotherhood. I was a Companion for awhile, but I hated how everyone was so rude and I hated all their honor talk so I joined the Dark Brotherhood. I feel I fit in much better now. And Arnbjorn is a beast. ;)

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
i loved the Thieves Guild in Oblivion back when they were something, a real organisation :p

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
College of Winterhold

The questline didn't make any sense, but I got some sweet gear out of it and the arch-mage's quarters.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
I like the simplicity of the Dark Brotherhood quests. Go here, kill someone who may or may not deserve it, get a reward. The Thieves' Guild has gotten steadily worse since Morrowind, the Companions I haven't really tried yet and the Mages do have very interesting quests but overall the Dark Brotherhood is my favourite.

Bendebec

Jun 18, 2009
My favorite was the Dark Brotherhood, however I was really sad how it seems all of the groups you can join now have taken a fall from grace since oblivion. Those who have played will know what I mean

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
Thieves' Guild

I like the Dark Brotherhood as well, but the Thieves Guild is a huge improvement over Oblivion, and someone worked really hard to come up with different kinds of quests.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
We have the same wife? What are you implying?!

For me, Dark Brotherhood. The Thieves' Guild are mostly all dickheads, a lot of the Companions are dickheads, the Mages' College was good, Dark Brotherhood was better.
I miss Veezara and Gabriella though ._.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
Iv'e only finished the mage guild quests, and am only going through the Companions quest for a certain ability. The Mage guild quests are really good, and the arch mage robes you get are amazing for a mage like me. Even though they look stupid.
They don't look stupid... and if you wear them with the Morokei Mask you while mounted on Darkmere you look like the headless horseman:

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
In my opinion:
Dark Brotherhood's not as good as TES IV.
I've not done the Companions as it just seems like mercenary work.
So far, the Mages guild is much, much better than its Morrowind & Oblivion counterparts and very interesting.
Thieves guild's story is fucking brilliant, possibly the best so far, but I felt out of place there with my moral allignment. Regardless, I got my head around it and the reward at the end of it is exceptional to a stealth-based character. Overall it's not too different from that of Oblivion's DB.

Shadows Risen

Nov 1, 2011
Dark Brotherhood. Loved that final mission.

Mage's College wasn't too bad either, although the ending was predictable. Not done a lot for the companions though, and haven't joined the thieves guild.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Haven't found the Dark Brotherhood yet, and only visited the Mage's College so I could find the information on the Elder Scroll. However, as for the other two, I rather like the Companions - particularly Vilkas and his Lithuanian accent. I don't know why, but I really like that guy.

And the Thieves Guild...they don't seem so bad. Maven is quite reasonable when you get to know her, and I'm gathering every possible ally against the Thalmor. Hopefully.

One other thing - I like the way the Mage's College is a vast improvement over the Mage's Guild in Oblivion. For one, you actually have to be able to use magic. I reached the top of the Mage's Guild despite not being able cast simple spells. For the College, though, you need at least some skill, if only in Restoration. So that counts for something.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
The Dark Brotherhood, easily. Best storyline in the game IMO, it outperformed the main story by far if you ask me.
...although it's pretty much the same thing as the Thieves guild, when it comes to the overarching story.

And...
I was completely heartbroken when Astrid betrayed you. I loved her SO MUCH, and I didn't even want that dead old hag and her retarded fanboy clown in the Sanctuary in the first place!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Probably Dark Brotherhood. Whoe you assassinate is kind of amazing and Cecero is awesome.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
fuck them.
Bards College all the fucking way man.

but seriously, Dark Brotherhood. getting paid to kill... better than getting paid to steal. i think there's a Speech perk for that anyway. plus i'm RPing as a Khajit assassin.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Always have to go with the Dark Brotherhood, they are always so deliciously evil. Also, Cicero is so freaking creepy. Whoever did his voice acting did a really good job