Poll: This is why I don't like World of Warcraft:

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
The butt ugliness of it and the fact that they charge monthly for it, I'm happy enough with rising force on-line and Guildwars

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
AcacianLeaves said:
Valkyrie101 said:
I like games that have a point, not just levelling up and gathering gear for the sake of it.
I never understood this argument. What game has a 'point' aside from leisure and entertainment? Do you mean you prefer games that have a finite amount of content, i.e. games that can be beaten?
I like the feeling that I'm achieving something in a game. In WOW (or any MMORPG for that matter), the game consists of levelling up and obtaining better gear, but for what? I's based solely around increasing your character's relative power, but when the only purpose of gaining power is to gain more power, there's no real incentive. It's just a hollow cycle. raiding might be fun, at first, but once you've run the same dungeon a dozen times it isn't.

MrSpunkSponge

Apr 30, 2010
I've never played WoW, but the reason why I don't like it, well more reason why I don't want to play it is fear of liking it too much and wasting away on it. Last time I was ever constantly sucked into a game was RTS Company of Heroes. I could not get off that game It was so addicting and I eventually stopped playing because I forced myself to uninstall it. I don't want to do the same with WoW.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
I selected "other" in the poll.

The lack in quest variety and bad community turned me off, but mostly lack in quest variety.

IT'S ALL THE SAME QUEST OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

It doesn't need a deep story but seriously guys, some variety would have been nice.

I hear that in cataclysm the quests will be updated and changed and there will be "quest chains" to follow and complete. Does this mean that the quests have gotten any better? Anyone tried yet?
Has anybody noticed an improvement in quests?

I also hate the combat system, a fable the lost chapters system would have been much better, not this nerdy boring system.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
I voted other: My heart belongs to Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star only. If I were to pick up WoW, then I would have no social life.

Also I prefer futuristic settings rather than medieval ones.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
I played WoW for 3 whole years, and I was a hardcore raider towards the end.

But really, the only thing that kept me interested in keeping on grinding and grinding and grinding was my guild and my good friends in the community.

Eventually, it just took to much time and wasn't fun enough for me to keep going, so. My account's only frozen, I can start again if I'd want to, but that won't be for a while.

KarlixLV

Apr 29, 2010
I don't have anything against MMOs (however the nearest I have come to MMOs is APB, which I loved, but which wasn't/won't really be a proper MMO) and I love RPGs (mmmmm, Morrowind), but the reason I really don't like WoW is the lack of involvement in the actual action - I prefer delivering each blow myself rather than click and wait (I might be wrong about this, but that's the impression it left on me when I tried it for a short while) and also WoW world has a really deep background story etc. which is another thing I enjoy, however in it's current form it is overwhelmed by the grind, and its really hard to follow when everyone else is trying to rush ahead for more loot and XP.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
The biggest reason i quit is because of the combat system. It blows. There's almost no way to be good at something. Everything about the game is about luck and patience.

Now i can't play almost any mmo because they all have the exact same combat, and i get bored within the first few minutes.

Afterglow-

Nov 19, 2010
It's monthly fee. I mean, come on, it's monthly fee is more expensive than the whole complete collection of 'Guild Wars'! With everyone raving about it, however, it must be good. So if I ever go through with my plan of robbing Bill Gates, I'll get to it.

[sub][sub][sub]That was a joke... so if Mr.Gates gets robbed, don't come looking for me..[/sub][/sub][/sub]

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
Tried the 10-day free trial, found it pretty repetitive and when I thought about the fact that it was $15 per month, I completely disregarded it as a game I would like to play.

Seriously, there are so many free to play WoW clones that you can just get your kicks out of their repetition and have almost as much "fun" and not have to pay $15 per month.

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
Burst6 said:
The biggest reason i quit is because of the combat system. It blows. There's almost no way to be good at something. Everything about the game is about luck and patience.

Now i can't play almost any mmo because they all have the exact same combat, and i get bored within the first few minutes.
Agreed, but there has been one game that comes to mind with a different combat system.

Mabinogi, if you can stand 3D anime graphics, its worth it. But I will warn you now that playing it will give you a better understanding than watching it. When you play it you get really tense trying to predict your enemies next move, while when you watch it it looks really slow and dull.

Oh wait, you might also need to give it patience since the tutorial is really long and fairly easy. So you might get bored of it before you even start =/.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
I Quit the game after the 4.0.1 patch made the game even easier than it already was, Blizzard ever since TBC have been slowly lowering the bar.

I Used to love wow, hell had a few great geared toons my Draeni Shaman had a Chopper n all that, but when 4.0.1 hit and made things even easier I was like ah well forget it.

Atm MMO Wise I started playing Requiem, its not great but its free without limitations (Im looking at you DDO) and even paying for basic over free every 30 days is only 30Nok Compared to 219Nok for WoW 60 Days not to mention if your a bit broke at least you just go down to free mode with a lil less XP and Drops rather than being locked out fully.

That all being said, if your enjoying WoW and 4.0.1 and Cata all the power to ya :) if it wasn't for the Easy Mode Patch I would be out there with ya xD

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
I selected "other" in the poll.

The lack in quest variety and bad community turned me off, but mostly lack in quest variety.

IT'S ALL THE SAME QUEST OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

It doesn't need a deep story but seriously guys, some variety would have been nice.

I hear that in cataclysm the quests will be updated and changed and there will be "quest chains" to follow and complete. Does this mean that the quests have gotten any better? Anyone tried yet?
Has anybody noticed an improvement in quests?

I also hate the combat system, a fable the lost chapters system would have been much better, not this nerdy boring system.
I've played Cataclysm so far from level 1 to 65 on my priest and I'll say the quests are full of much more variety, Granted the same kill x amount of y quests are present, and in cataclysm some have been modified to accommodate new mechanics into that already aged formula.

I'm a WoW veteran and a big fan of the game as a whole. But even I know that the quest variety and zone re-vamp was necessary and the game is a lot better for it.

Until you hit the content from the first Expansion, then it's back to boring kill x amount of y quests again for 10 levels.

Also, 'Quest chains' have existed in WoW from the start, they're just a succession of quests that eventually lead to a greater reward at the end.

The mechanic for the quest chains however has changed, wherein you no longer have to walk back to the quest giver to complete your quest or start the next one, you get a prompt upon completion and then can start the next part from where you're standing.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it extremely helpful.

Nukeforyou

Mar 26, 2010
i used to love wow but then i realized all raiding was is pressing 1,1,1,1,1,1,1 (i used castsequence macros) and i grew to hate raiding and i always sucked at pvp so there was nothing for me to do