Poll: To buy or not to buy - Godfather 2

ROFLross

Jan 8, 2009
So, it's April now and the only game that interests me this month is Godfather 2, but I've been asking a few people what they would think of it, and watched a review today about it.
I've been getting alot of mixed thoughts about it.
To be honest, it looks quite good, I like the idea of it involving more strategy and RPG like trying to take over different businesses.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
I'm pretty hyped up about it. It looks really rad. I'm probably going to get it.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
If the gameplay is similar to Godfather 1 then i would rent it. Not a lot to do in New york when your a mobster.

ROFLross

Jan 8, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2IAIVVwrb8
I've just watched that video, I think the thing that inerests me the most if controlling and upgrading your men aswell as trying to take control, more stratigiticly, of business and buildings.

I also read there is no jump action, but you can vault over things, but that doesn't seem much of a problem.

edreed

Jun 15, 2007
I love the first Godfather and I still play it on and off and I have been waiting for this game for awhile. I was disappointed when they delayed the release.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
I'm going to give it a rent first, Gamefly has made it so I only purchase the really good games when I get them.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
It's decent. What more to say. I mean it's basicly GTA and the Scarface game combined(If you didn't play scarface, you would have to take over shops and you'd make an income). But heck it's pretty decent. So I would get it.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
ROFLross said:
I heard that the first one was pretty bad? Or was I misinformed?
Misinformed. Even though it's repetitive and not really "deep". I somehow enjoy killing a few hundred mob guys for a store..

Rent it, see if it's good. I wonder if EA new-founded philosophy will be applied.

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
I'll rent it like i normally do with hyped up games so I don't end up wasting money if it sucks and if it turns out the be good, then I'll buy it, maybe even twice if it's good enough.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
It Looks good, but the First wasn't to great at holding my interest. Probably a rental for me.

spudz47

Mar 11, 2009
I'd buy it. It's a fun game, has a lot of features that will keep you busy. I'd suggest renting, but that might botch the online, which is 70% why you should buy the game...

ROFLross

Jan 8, 2009
Since this game is already out in America, has anyone bought it? Or tried it?
A friend from another forum said that people didn't see much replay value in it, and that another completed the whole game within 11hours.

Gunn01

Feb 13, 2009
I always rent or play a demo first. But i've heard mixed reviews on this one. gamespot gave it 4.something and ign was 7.8 i think.. deffinetly rent it first

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Nothing else is happening this month so maybe a rent while i save some pennies for guitar hero metallica