Poll: To buy or not to buy - Godfather 2

ROFLross

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, a ton of mixed reviews for this game, I'm most likely just going to end up renting it now.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Considering the fact that the only review I've seen has given the game about a 4/10, i'd say leave it. At best, I'd rent it (because they could be horribly wrong I suppose).

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Having played the game, it's fun but it requires a good computer to actually run(if you're going for the PC version)
The game itself was fun, a bit weird controls, clearly showing it was a console port, I was unable to change the graphics in any major way(only resolution and general graphics quality with low/medium/high) but I didn't really care about the graphics because I wanted to test the game.
I also noticed the game is way too easy, most enemies die in a headshot, a lot of enemies drop health, ammo is way too common and enemies miss way too much.

Rent the game if you're going for the console version.

DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION, IT HAS LIMITED INSTALLATIONS.

superfunhappygun

Apr 9, 2009
From what I've seen, it looks like the first Godfather with a lot more depth, like deciding what classes you'll take along, upgrading your team mates' abilities, ordering strikes on enemy fronts, not to mention having 3 cities now instead of just New York.

So I guess that if you liked the first one, you'll like this one too. I myself would love to play it but I can't rent games here since last year (some new law passed that actually prohibits game rentals :/ ) so I'll have to wait for either a demo, or a price drop.

I would say rent it.

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
I'd say not buy [http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/thegodfatherii/review.html]

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
The messages have been quite mixed - some hate, some love. I'll probably end up getting it as I enjoy open-world mobster gameplay anyway, heh.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
Random argument man said:
ROFLross said:
I wonder if EA new-founded philosophy will be applied.
Define "new-founded philosophy.", cause all I remember about EA is them fucking their consumers over really hard in the ass.
Old philosophy: Copy shit and every penny they can.
New philosophy: Throw shit away. Make games worth a damn.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
If anyone is having trouble finding the weapons i found this

Weapon locations
Search the indicated location to find the corresponding weapon:

Automatics

Level 1 - Tommy Gun: Already available.
Level 2 - MP38: Granados Compound, Florida. Search the second floor.
Level 3 - Modified AK-47: Battaglia Masonry, Cuba. When you enter a certain room, turn left to find a ladder leading underground. Follow the tunnel.
Magnums

Level 1 - .357 Magnum: Already available.
Level 2 - .44 Magnum Force : Carmine Rosato's Compound, New York. In the hallway on the second floor.
Level 3 - .501 Magnum Enforcer: Battaglia Quarry Chop Shop, Cuba. Look at the map to find the lighthouse, and go there.
Pistols

Level 1 - Pistol: Already available.
Level 2 - Silenced Pistol: Ryan Roth mission, Florida. Found during the mission where he sends you to rescue one of his soldiers.
Level 3 - Delta M1911 silenced : Mangano's Compound, Florida. Search the second floor.
Rifles

Level 1 - Sniper Rifle: Already available.
Level 2 - Spitzer Centerfire: Emilio's packing company, Florida. It is located on the rooftop; an engineer is required to cut the fence.
Level 3 - Vintovka SR-98: Almeida Compound, Cuba. On the second floor on a desk.
Shotguns

Level 1 - Shotgun: Already available.
Level 2 - Sawed-off: Corleone's Compound, New York. Located on the right side of the main gate behind some bushes; an arsonist is required to burn it.
Level 3 - Schofield Semi-auto: Global Storage Chop Shop, Florida. On the right side of the island, inside the small warehouse.

Edit - its a fun game but i would rent it theres not much to it