Poll: To Halo or not to Halo...4...That is the question.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
ODST and Reach are my favorite Halo games, and neither are about the Chief. I'd like to see more side-stories like those, but I don't trust anything from 343. They should just leave Halo in peace.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Maiestas777 said:
Personally, I am cautiously optimistic. I found that Bungie was stagnating with the IP and just did not love the games like they used to. However, I also know that 343i is a complete unknown quantity with nothing to really prove whether they have the chops to continue Halo or not.

Basically, I think that a fresh dev team could do wonders for the series and am going to hold out on judgement of Halo 4 until I play it.
You do know that 343 is made up of former Bungie people who made Halo. So they do have past credit. Halo 1-3.
Theres a reason their name is a Halo reference. Hell, they are made up of the people from Bungie who STILL want to do Halo. That means they still have drive to do well.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
I enjoyed both single and multiplayer in previous games. So sure, if it's any good I'll pick it up.

I don't understand why so many people want to see a healthy franchise and it's protagonist die.
Mario didn't stop after 5 games either and thats widely considered a good thing.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Why the fuck are people saying Halo has been around for too long? Considering that just about every game Nintendo puts out has been around for about three decades, and the Final Fantasy series almost just as long. Halo has had five games...and halo Wars. And two of those games...well, one was an expansion that somehow got made into a full game yet still felt like an expansion, and one was all right, even if the story was broken as all fuck, and the characters were as original as the latest Pokemon game.

Personly, I wished it had been called something else instead of Halo 4 (Which is possible, it is coming out next year, not next month. I remember MW2 went through about three names changes a few months before it came out). Aside from that, it will be interesting to see what 343 Industres can do, since they have not made any game since they were founded in 07.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
Kombatkid123 said:
What do you guys think? Should a company other than Bungie continue the Halo Series? Or should Halo 4....and 5....and 6....not even come into existence?

Me personally...they're just milking the Halo cash-cow.....
Isn't 343 basically made up of Bungie employees though, just under a different name?

I think the rest of Bungie went over to work under Activision.

Anyway, I guess I'll reserve judgement until I hear more about it. May be good, may be bad. Although if they give us a proper level creator/editior then all my common sense will go out the window and it'll be a release day buy.

Kombatkid123

Jan 31, 2010
Stubee said:
Kombatkid123 said:
What do you guys think? Should a company other than Bungie continue the Halo Series? Or should Halo 4....and 5....and 6....not even come into existence?

Me personally...they're just milking the Halo cash-cow.....
Their 4th game in the main series is milking it? So i can assume you think the same about Fallout, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Metal Gear Solid, Assassins Creed, Hitman, Mario, Sonic, etc?
It's not the fact that it's the fourth game in the series. I appreciate the fact that other companies are continuing their series, like Fallout, Zelda, etc. because their series either isn't complete yet (Assassin's Creed), never really ends (Fallout and Final Fantasy has multiple story lines, not just one specific character), or because a company still continues the legacy of maintaining a game (Eidos with Hitman, Nintendo with Mario and Sonic...etc.). I don't like the fact that Bungie not only mentioned Reach was going to be their last game, but the Halo franchise is going to be taken over by another company, when Bungie made good enough story lines for the series. Halo 3 should have been the end of Master Chief: the war is over with the Covenant and the Halo Rings are destroyed (hence the title of the series is now purposeless :p). What else could there possibly be?

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
I'm curious, but really think that Master Chief should be put into retirement. He had a great run and now its tiem for other characters to take over. I'll reserve judgment, however, until it comes out.

Maiestas777

Feb 14, 2010
Saelune said:
Maiestas777 said:
Personally, I am cautiously optimistic. I found that Bungie was stagnating with the IP and just did not love the games like they used to. However, I also know that 343i is a complete unknown quantity with nothing to really prove whether they have the chops to continue Halo or not.

Basically, I think that a fresh dev team could do wonders for the series and am going to hold out on judgement of Halo 4 until I play it.
You do know that 343 is made up of former Bungie people who made Halo. So they do have past credit. Halo 1-3.
Theres a reason their name is a Halo reference. Hell, they are made up of the people from Bungie who STILL want to do Halo. That means they still have drive to do well.
Actually, although several Bungie employees came over, the only one of note is former community manager Frank O'Connor, who is now the creative lead of 343i. The company was formed by Microsoft Game Studios for the single purpose of continuing Halo, hence the name. Most of Bungie is still at Bungie.

Comieman

Jul 25, 2010
Please please PLEASE be actually a SEQUEL not an EXPANSION.
I am sorry, but when you attach jet packs to Halo 3, you get Halo 3 with jet packs, not a new game.
But again, looking at how most fps only add couple weapons, couple perks and better graphics in their "sequels" I don't rise my hopes. *I am looking at you Call of Duty*

Dark.Kantian

Jan 31, 2011
Consider me a fanboy, but I simply cannot envision there being such a thing as too much Master Chief. There can never be such a thing as too much Master Chief. I could go without the Arbiter this time around though, at least the whiny Arbiter that he has been up to now. I want the Arbiter from Halo Legends The Duel episode. Bad ass.

bluewolf

Apr 16, 2011
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Screw you nine point five percent! You suck! Keep your blastphimouse oppinions to yourself!!! ( I swear to god the captcha said your mom.)

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Of course they're milking the crap out of Halo. It has a huge fanbase. I doesn't mean that the new Halo trilogy won't be good. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.