Poll: TotalBiscuit hired by the Escapist

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
So apparently this is a thing:

[img height]http://s3.amazonaws.com/lemmetweet/tweet/imgs/xZDdrlnIYcgvqBodulJvJlLJ.jpg20150401-3-1ll5d7a?1427903240[/img]

And confirmed by Archon:

What are your thoughts on TotalBiscuit becoming an Escapist contributor? Do you think he'll be a worthy contributor? What will he talk about? Will he be a worthy replacement for MovieBob? Let me know your thoughts Escapists.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I haven't seen Total Biscuit in years, but that's very good for him.

I believe this is definitely a good hiring decision. For both Mr. Biscuit and for the Escapist.

I'll give him a watch, depending on what he does.

Jan 27, 2011
If this is still legit tomorrow, then yeah, it'll be pretty neat I guess.

But really? I think it's just an April Fool's Joke.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
God dame it, this is great news, but on the other hand this is April 1st.

I don't even....

EDIT: If it's fake and a prank, then Archon and TB are going a little far [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/totalbiscuit]. Makes sense that today would be the day to announce it given it's the first of the month, but if true it's the worst month to do it.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Oh look, I just made a thread about April Fools jokes that feel like a kick in the gut.

If this turns out to be another one....

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
I'd be happy if this was true, but I don't see how it could be. Doesn't Biscuit make more on his own than the escapist could pay him? Not like he needs any exposure with his numbers.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
That would be like Channel Awesome hiring Red Letter Media.

Close one though, you almost had me there. I can imagine this one maybe being a bit too salty for some people

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/TotalBiscuit

Well, I mean, he does already have an account and everything.

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
GOD I HATE THIS DAY.

And now everything is now upside down. Fine, guess I just wont visit this website today.

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
Okay, people need to stop delivering news on April Fools' Day because I literally cannot tell what's a joke and what isn't.

From here on, all news shall be postponed until April 2nd. So say I, random internet poster.

Captcha: Follow me.

You hittin' on me captcha? Cause, you know, I got class in an hour but if you're free tonight...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
I can imagine this one maybe being a bit too salty for some people
That's the catch, TB is too caustic for the Escapist's new no negativity approach. Should have tipped people off right there.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Yeah...I'm leaning towards April fool's joke.

And if it is not. Eh, I don't really care. I'm just not a fan of Total Biscuit.
Weird though that TB is working here and his BBF Jim used to be a part of this site too.

Edit:
Also is he a MovieBob replacement or a Jim Sterling replacement? Because I'm leaning on the latter.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/TotalBiscuit

Well, I mean, he does already have an account and everything.
Wouldn't be surprised if he posted in the thread just to say what's going on. That would actually be pretty cool. Today seems like a pretty interesting day for the site. New ZP, new subforum, apparently new content. I had gotten a PM by a community member that pitched something that the site was flooded by new content in March, so apparently there will be another flood for April? *shrugs*

I vote bacon, but only if it's turkey bacon.