Poll: Unforgotten Realms

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
Yes. This poll makes perfect sense since Season 3 just started.
You're comedic timing is off. In the last episode you spent far too long on *fan service* for petey. It wasn't that the joke was bad, I did laugh but after I finished laughing the joke kept going and I had to wait for it to finish. When your audience realises that the joke is still going they also realise that they must wait for it to end and for the next joke to be set up before another oppurtunity to laugh. It is this time that the audience becomes fidgety and starts posting crap on your forums.

TheMushroomClub

Aug 12, 2008
Season 2 had the best theme song and was far in but still had lots of lulz. The episode length in Season 1 was better though. But all three series are funny. Don't know enough about Season 3 to really rate yet.

Tich

Aug 13, 2008
I think Unforgotten Realms still suffers a bit from the "unfinished show" problem. The show doesn't seem like a completely co-existing whole. What I mean is the characters seem like they are a bit nervour about what they are doing. And the story des the same.

However, many series (TV shows and webseries) as a whole suffer from similar problems. Zero Punctuation only got funny several episodes in the series, the first one weren't that good. Unskippable got alot better too recently.

The show has alot more potential. But there shouldn't be many addition of different story elements, it kinda hurts the viewers if they have no more idea what is going on. As if the viewer somehow has to follow along with the many changes the creator has in mind. I would have to say, you don't make a show for yourself, but rather you make a show for the viewers, and the goal should be to get many viewers.

Squedee

Apr 3, 2009
Killerkittenprr said:
SirSchmoopy said:
I really don't understand how fans work. Do they like the show? Do they hate it? Like... why would it matter what's the best season (in your own personal opinion) if you're watching it all anyway...?

It's not funny enough, there's not enough story! There is too much story... I miss -such-and-such- character, so it's not good. I like stupid laughs, so it's not good. BUT I'LL STILL WATCH IT ANYWAY AND JUST KEEP COMPLAINING WHILE I DO.

WILL THEY EVER STOP COMPLAINING? Will they ever stop attacking and insulting your hard work?
Blame Freedom of speech. some people just shouldn't have it

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
Feel the need to defend your creation on an internet forum, eh?

I will never understand why most fans must have an absolute favourite season.
If the polls allowed for more options I bet they would have demanded our favourite episode...

Personally I don't like to get into pedantics.
All the seasons are pretty much the same anyway.
Not that it's a bad thing.

I wish I had the title "Epic Lumberjack" under my username instead of "Gone Gonzo"...

(Yes, this was meant to be read as the nonsensical staccato piece it is)

Squid1361

Dec 6, 2008
As someone who has played both D&D original and Forgotten realms, I like most of it, but I still have a special place in my heart for the plotless, MS paint classic. Back when it was just funny without trying to accomplish anything.

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
I wanna cast a punch to timmy's face........

Aw man, wind is the weakest element, don't you have the sword of fire-du, or the flail of ice-du, or the dual daggers of pew pew pew

I think all seasons re pretty epic
(didn't get the second one word for word)

You_have_a_name

Feb 25, 2009
i haven't seen the classic episode but i love all of the other seasons, but i choose season 1 because it was more original however season 3 does have a better story and now im starting to think i should have choose season 3

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Well, I liked them all. Which ever season who had the "Shaquille O'Heal" episode wins though.

Oh, and the TF2 bits. I love this part.

eggcarrier

May 29, 2009
I can't decide; there's something cool about each season as well as something stupid in each one.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Season 2, with the epic theme music.
Back when Romain and Garry were important... those were the days...
Also, "Lemon grenades!"

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
The first 5 episodes are stuffed to the gills with laughs.

The others are all good, but it just seems like "teh lolz" got more attention given to them at the beginning.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
The first season then the story went hay wire and I stopped caring.
EDIT: Whoa a topic on the front page that didn't start today. And here I was thinking it was a repost. Either way you lost me after the rat episode.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Tried getting into the show, watched a few episodes of it, found a few parts that I did think were genuinely funny (like that amusing obsession with monocles in the first few episodes), but ultimately found that the show didn't really fit to the kind of humor I like in shows. I felt that the "dumbass new DnD player" schtick was pretty hackneyed before the show ever came out and that continuing the cliche did not a good show make. But whatever, I don't feel like fending off people trying to tell me that I'm crazy for not thinking this show is the second coming of Christ and chiding me for daring to have my own views on what is and is not funny, so I'll just stop my complaining for now.