Poll: W40K Uber-Showdown

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Khell_Sennet said:
The irony in all this is that in REAL 40K the winner would be totally different than what Dawn of War's winner would be. Land Raiders, Blood Thirsters, and Avatars don't even compare to the rest, and Knarlocks are the weakest of the bunch. Baneblades and Squigoths are both Epic units, not 40K. Odds are it's one of them.
Citadel now offers a plastic Baneblade kit in 40k scale, replacing the old resin-cast Forge World kit. Forge World still offers a Squigoth resin-cast kit, I think; I know they've got a 40k scale Tau Manta either out or almost out (saw the prototype last year) and a Great Knarloc kit's been out for a couple of years... indeed, I think Forge World offers a kit for all the units listed. (Though the Land Raider is more a superdetail set for the plastic Citadel kit.)

Forge World; an excellent place to dump unwanted currency.

-- Steve

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
Baneblade was a lot weaker in DoW than it seemed...seriously a CPU once managed to melee it to death with a squad of Grey Knights and a squad of Marines.

Also if anybody noticed, after using the Battlecry/thingy buff on Demon Prince, he could hit just about as much as standard Bloodthirster.Only had 1.5K of health though.

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
Sinharvest said:
Its just a tank right? Teleport a squad of terminators on top of it /wave bye bye
You can't stand on top of a tank in either game, so the baneblade would open fire with ALL of its guns and the squad would die to a man.
All that would be left is some armour plates and some pink mist.

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Necron Monolith. That tank can do things even the game's developers can't think of. If anything would try to attack it, it could A) Fry you with the giant pew-pew crystal of doom. B) Teleport a bunch of googlly eyed robots and then teleport out. Or C) Land on you.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
irishdelinquent said:
Fire Daemon said:
hey irishdelinquent is that captain shriek as your avatar. I have to say the bloodthirster but he would be destroyed out right by a Grey Knight Grand Master. A Grand Master is whithout a doubt the best Space Marine Character.
Yes, yes it is Captain Shrike. And if he were in Dawn of War, he'd give your Grand Master a run for his money. hehehehehe can you say master-crafted rending lightning claws? Oh so awesome
hay can you say Nemesis force weapon, one hit kill (most likely).

I really want to get back into Warhammer but so many Good (and expensive) games are coming out. Its a tough choice.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Apone said:
Sinharvest said:
Its just a tank right? Teleport a squad of terminators on top of it /wave bye bye
You can't stand on top of a tank in either game, so the baneblade would open fire with ALL of its guns and the squad would die to a man.
All that would be left is some armour plates and some pink mist.
No, but you can teleport behind it. At which point it's in some distinct trouble.

Of course, you have to get a turn, and in tabletop it takes about half an hour for a Baneblade to get through firing all it's many many guns.

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
irishdelinquent said:
Fire Daemon said:
hey irishdelinquent is that captain shriek as your avatar. I have to say the bloodthirster but he would be destroyed out right by a Grey Knight Grand Master. A Grand Master is whithout a doubt the best Space Marine Character.
Yes, yes it is Captain Shrike. And if he were in Dawn of War, he'd give your Grand Master a run for his money. hehehehehe can you say master-crafted rending lightning claws? Oh so awesome

I really want to get back into Warhammer but so many Good (and expensive) games are coming out. Its a tough choice.
My Grand Master once got the charge on a Nightbringer and One hit Killed it lol. We worked out it was a 1 in 12 chance with the extra attack and I got lucky. Mmm Nemesis Force Weapons so lovely.
I'm rather pissed that in the 5th edition pre-release it says force weapons are no going to be Instant Death rather than the pseudo instant death they have now.
And what with Daemon Prince's being imune to instant death, it's a bit shit.

Sinharvest

Nov 9, 2007
Sorry but i was being sarcastic i didnt mean right on top of the tank. But yes a squad of termies with powerfist that can charge and attack a tank will more than likely blow it up.

If one squad doesnt do it, just teleport two squads. Hell teleport a squad of obliterators in front of it and open fire.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
irishdelinquent said:
Fire Daemon said:

Yes, yes. You Grey Kaniggits and your bloody force weapons! But you forget the loveliness that is Shrike's Wing. I have a squad of paired lightning-claw-armed veterans, all willing to fight for(and in this case die instead of) Shrike

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Yeah, I think GW listed it in the "Bendover now so this $25 model your opponent just spraypainted black can rape you and your masterfully painted models" section of the necron codex.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
John Galt said:
Yeah, I think GW listed it in the "Bendover now so this $25 model your opponent just spraypainted black can rape you and your masterfully painted models" section of the necron codex.
lol well played sir. That's why you play a little game called "Nuke the silvery buggers until 3/4 of them are gone, and then you win automatically". Try genestealers, they're fast, they're tough, and they are basically can openers on steroids.

brandon148

Jan 14, 2008
11 Guns > all

Teh Banblade ownz erythin!!1!! (except the companion cube)

The baneblade actually made me buy an entire imperial gaurd army.

TSED

Dec 16, 2007
irishdelinquent said:
John Galt said:
lol well played sir. That's why you play a little game called "Nuke the silvery buggers until 3/4 of them are gone, and then you win automatically". Try genestealers, they're fast, they're tough, and they are basically can openers on steroids.
Seriously. The only time I'd consider fielding an NB (if I had one) was against people that don't know how to prioritize targets. Ironically, the ones that DO know how to is when you bust out the Monolith.

Madlarkin

Nov 25, 2007
No the nightbring is just immune, although you can damage him with the Tau's pathfinders "marker light" ability.
Squiggoth wouldn't win out of that, it's the most useless T4 unit fact, and i'd like to say the Avatar would win however Bloodthirster owns it so badly.
It's probably come down to the Baneblade or the Bloodthirter, knarloc coming a close third.