Poll: was israel right for Attacking Gaza

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
oh so you think it was justified?
does the fact that you are from israel have anything to do with that?

Personally I think it is disgusting.
The things that israel is doing to the Palestinian people are inhumane. If I had my way, israel would be wiped clean off the surface of the earth.

Fulax

Jul 14, 2008
Israel are occupying the Palestinian's land. Any military action they take is not, as they claim, self-defence, it is an act of oppression.

So no, it was certainly not justified.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Fulax said:
Israel are occupying the Palestinian's land. Any military action they take is not, as they claim, self-defence, it is an act of oppression.

So no, it was certainly not justified.
It's not that clear cut, but I do agree the attack was not needed and excessive.

NotMePleaseIgnore

Jul 20, 2009
It COULD(maybe) have been justified if they hadn't claimed that it was in self-defence.

As it obviously wasn't, it clearly isn't justified.

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
I do not believe the extreme way in which they forced their ways into gaza was justified. However the palestinians have been shelling isreali towns with mortars on a daily basis. Do you think that is justified? If you live in seattle, and your canadian neighbours started shelling you daily, i doubt the US would have waited as long as isreal did to retaliate

Edit: Just to clarify, i am against the attack however i am capable of looking at it from the isreali point of view. In any case, reducing this conflict to a choice of right and wrong is severely dumbing the entire thing down.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Glefistus said:
they have nukes(illegally, yet for some reason the U.S. doesn't think of them on the same level as bad Korea) and during the war of Yom Kippur proved they were willing to use them.
And yet they bombed an Iraqi reactor to stop them getting them.

nyaman

Aug 12, 2009
I always found these topics strange. Palestinian media openly claim that Jewish people are a disease and that they need to be cleansed off the face of the Earth (And yes, I have seen this with my own eyes. It disturbs me to no end). Palestinian schools refuse to teach that Israel was ever its own country, instead they just say that it still belongs to them. The Palestinian people will often kill innocent civilians in an attempt to reclaim land that they haven't owned for generations. Israel has attempted to live peacefully with the Palestinians, but with every attempt they make, they are just thwarted by another suicide bombing or terrorist attack.

Despite this, when Israel fights back just to keep its civilians safe from having rockets fall on their heads, people rush to defend the Palestinians. How about this for the Palestinian plight. With the creation of Israel, somewhere in the realm of 100,000 more Jews were displaced from Muslim countries than Palestinians and they haven't been able to live in political stability ever since. Despite at least 2 generations of living in Israel, the Palestinians still don't believe that they have a right to call it home. I simply don't understand why people ever side with the Palestinians on this one.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
nekolux said:
I do not believe the extreme way in which they forced their ways into gaza was justified. However the palestinians have been shelling isreali towns with mortars on a daily basis. Do you think that is justified? If you live in seattle, and your canadian neighbours started shelling you daily, i doubt the US would have waited as long as isreal did to retaliate
I don't think this compares very well.
More like "If you live in Seattle, the US government has annexed Canada and moved every Canadian to Vancouver or Montreal while occupying everything else and your canadian neighbours started shelling you daily, i doubt the US would have waited as long as isreal did to retaliate"

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
Glefistus said:
Well, you are after all FROM Israel, I would think you are biased.

And the poster some posts above is correct, Israel is the nation that never should have been, and I honestly think it;s a shame they weren't destroyed when they first came to be, because now when they are inevitably attacked, they have nukes(illegally, yet for some reason the U.S. doesn't think of them on the same level as bad Korea) and during the war of Yom Kippur proved they were willing to use them.
They only really threatened the use of nukes in yom kippur to force the US to support them though, I mean they managed to kick the ass of the arab forces but the soviet union was replenishing all the lost arab forces. Oh and isreals were basically allied with the US, if soviet union took over the US will have no influence in the area as the arab countries were pro soviet.

Not to mention the fact that it wouldn't be easy to force them out as they have proven multiple times. If you destroy isreal you pretty much cripple the jewish religion, therefore the isreali soldiers are fanatical. You can't really beat fanatical soldiers that easily, not to mention the fact that isreal has about 3 million soldiers and a crazily advance army. The isreali merkava tank is pretty much one of the most amazing tank around. ( The barrel moves up to about i think 75 degrees and can shoot down helicopters )

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
nyaman said:
I simply don't understand why people ever side with the Palestinians on this one.
Its not that, people are not siding with Palestinian what they are doing is saying what Israel did was wrong, which is was. Does that make what Palestinian did correct? No, both sides are bad neather has the high ground.

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
Specter_ said:
nekolux said:
I don't think this compares very well.
More like "If you live in Seattle, the US government has annexed Canada and moved every Canadian to Vancouver or Montreal while occupying everything else and your canadian neighbours started shelling you daily, i doubt the US would have waited as long as isreal did to retaliate"
Ahhh details ;-) The fact still is that while a lot of things they did were inexcusable, you have to look at some of the other factors from the Isreali point of view.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Glefistus said:
lostclause said:
Glefistus said:
they have nukes(illegally, yet for some reason the U.S. doesn't think of them on the same level as bad Korea) and during the war of Yom Kippur proved they were willing to use them.
And yet they bombed an Iraqi reactor to stop them getting them.
Well, if you had the only nukes in a region you would go to lengths to ensure it remains that way.
Which is why they probably will move against Iran if the US doesn't bring their program to a halt first.
nyaman said:
Israel has attempted to live peacefully with the Palestinians, but with every attempt they make, they are just thwarted by another suicide bombing or terrorist attack.
Yes, because the Jews were never terrorists. The Stern gang, the Irgun, the Lehi, the assassination of Lord Myone (sp? British ambassador the eygpt). Learn some history, neither side is white in this case. Terrorist simply denotes who doesn't have an official army.

Despite at least 2 generations of living in Israel, the Palestinians still don't believe that they have a right to call it home. I simply don't understand why people ever side with the Palestinians on this one.
And despite 2000 years of living in Palestine, the Jews don't recognise their right to call it home. Neither side is fair to the other.
Please not, I'm not attempting to flame, as I've said, it's almost impossible to pick sides in this scenario as each side does almost exactly what they accuse the others of doing.