Poll: What are you typing on?

Dunkerloop

Aug 8, 2011
Have a laptop that's actually pretty high-end and can run games at very high settings, but it didn't exactly come cheap.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Laptop because my parents are divorced and I have to move every week. I mainly game on my Xbox now though. The controller is so much more convenient.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
I only play consoles, so there really is no reason for me to get a gaming desktop. And a laptop is much more convenient than a desktop, so I use one of those. That way I can browse the interwebs from the comfort of my own bed.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
On-screen Keyboard That joke was not worth the trouble...

Desktop.
Tried a Laptop (Borrowed from me Gramp) when my Computer died, didn't quite like it, but I suppose I can see why others might.

I like the... Solidity comes to mind I suppose, seeing as I prefer it sit in the same place in general, making the portability of a Laptop nothing more than a way to make myself afraid of dropping it.
There are other reasons, I just cannae remember them right now.

[sub][sub]Mostly wanted to make the joke...
[sub][sub]Really did bother to type the bit out on the Virtual keyboard...
[sub][sub]Not sure why...[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

djAMPnz

Dec 21, 2011
I'm using a laptop but only because my desktop crapped itself. For gaming I use my xbox though. Although I used to play some building type games when I had my desktop (RCT, Civilization).

On an unrelated note, I got a captcha when posting this and had to refresh it because the first one I got had the word 'the' except it was upside-down and backwards.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
ztara said:
i've been wondering lately if desktops are dying.
No, they aren't. We, and the writers on this site, get this question often. The answer is an emphatic no.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
This is my work computer. It has a tablet, but that is the mouse pad and not what I actively type on (which is a keyboard). I cannot imagine doing full scale graphic and art projects on something tiny like a laptop full time.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I'm using a laptop. I like it because I can lie in bed while I browse the internet. I actually have to sit at my desk to use my desktop. Besides, my laptop's faster than my desktop.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
ztara said:
i've been wondering lately if desktops are dying.
Go to OCN and ask them that. Prepare to have a lot of people ask you if you're serious, or just dismiss you as an uninformed and misguided person.

Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
There should be 'None of the Above' option.

Anyway, keyboard.

Yeah. I'm typing on my Razer Blackwidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (in caps for seriousness!).

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
At this moment, I'm on a desktop. I also have a laptop from which I sometimes browse/post and an iPhone from which I browse but don't post.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
Desktop PC. I'm a PC gamer.

2 monitors (23" Acer 1920x1090, 19" HP 1280x1024)

AMD Phenom II x4 965 Processor 3.4 GHz
8 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 6780
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music Pro
Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb 7600rpm 64mb cache 16Gb/s transfer
Samsung 320Gb HD
Win 7

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I got myself a nice gaming desktop. Currently typing this on that. It is used for both gaming and homework (specifically CSS). I also have a netbook, but that is just for working on stuff at school. My desktop is by far my main computing platform.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Toshiba __________ netbook. Too dark to look for the name on it. While I wouldn't call it my main computer, it is the only thing I use for web browsing these days.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Why would they be dying? Desktop hardware is cheaper and more powerful, and desktops are easier to repair. Not to mention the better cooling and less chance of damaging. If you have a spot set aside for a computer in your house, there's absolutely no reason why you wouldn't use a desktop (unless you reserved a ten-by-ten inch space, I guess).

Yes, I use a desktop.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Well, I'm at work so I'm on a desktop.

If I was at home......then I'd still be on a desktop.

If I was out of town, be it for leisure or business, then I'd be on a laptop.

If I was really, really bored during a conference, then mobile.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
laptop for surfing from the sofa
for gaming I head upstairs to the ole' desktop!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
desktop as I like the big screen and comfortable keyboard. I do a fair bit of surfing on my phone when out and about or on the sofa though, but Desktop is my primary Internet and gaming platform.

willis888

May 18, 2010
A Ducky mechanical keyboard, DK 9008-G2 with Cherry MX Brown switches. It makes satisfying clicking sounds when I type and feels like popping bubble wrap. It has n-key rollover, so I can vigorously bludgeon it with my face and it will accurately register every keystroke.

d cxrtuyf765i8mn9okumni8 ,9o0p"