Poll: What broke MW2?

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I love how there are so many balance issues that they had to be combined in poll options.
Of all the broken things, killstreaks are the worst.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
i said unbalanced weapons, because the upgrades are just infuriating sometimes.

also, what's drop shotting?

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
It's unfortunate that I can't vote for all of these because they all piss me off. In the end the worst offender is all the goddamn killstreaks although the campers, overpowered weapons (what the fuck is the AA-12 all about), the awful spawning that usually spits you out infront of the chopper gunner that just sent you to hell and fffffffffffffucking tactical knife are all pretty awful aswell.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
The only time I can say that there isn't a problem is when I play Search and Destroy. I got yelled at for Hard scoping with a heat sensor once though since it was a 12 year old kid.

Camping isn't that bad seeing as how in a real war scenario people tend to stick to one spot until they get found out and shot.

The fact that the game is completely unbalanced in EVERY way shape and form.

The lack of having a team actually meaning something. Personally I think the tact nuke should be only if at least half the team has like 10 kill streak and 1 person has the 25 required for it.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I dunno, why don't you ask me? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.204216-Pimppeter2-Domble-present-The-Knuckleduster-The-Trial-of-Society-via-Modern-Warfare-II]

ubermonkey37

Nov 20, 2009
Sorry I forgot to put Noob Tubes and One Man Army. Also "the people" is a problem with most games and is not specific to MW2. A lot of your other ideas are good but the forum doesn't offer enough options in a poll to cover every problem with this game.

To the people who think I'm whining and I just shouldn't play it:It's not that I keep playing it, it's that I payed $60 for a game that deserves to be in the "2 for $5" value bin.

benoitowns

Oct 18, 2009
I cant stand it. Just about everything there is with MW2 I hate. I thought I would love it, because CoD4 was so great. But the people in this one just are so damn annoying and the game mechanics make it way worse.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
There is no balance, thats what kills the game.

You are given a host of perks, weapons, abilities, etc. that will almost never be used. They want the "Team Fortress" style of Gameplay, where different classes matter, but think that can be achived by letting everyone choose what they want freely.

Not only that, but some weapons are just broken. And Infinity Wards response is "lalalalalalala were not listening". The Killstreaks are broken as well; get a few kills and have access to a complete killing machine? The First Modern Warfare was nice; 3 for a UAV, 5 for an Airstrike, 7 for a Helicopter. The Helicopter wasnt too easy or hard to take down, and it didnt break the gameplay over its knee with a sickening "crunch".

If they worked on making the game more balanced, possibly removing the AC130 and attack helicopter (or make it so you need 20 kills to activate, and cancel out the Tac Nuke) the game would be a lot better.

Also. A Nuke. 25 kill insta-win. In CTF and Objective based. Fuck. That.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
SteinFaust said:

Where you go prone as you open fire, so it's a lot harder to hit you.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I would say everything on that list. If I had to pick one I would say the imbalance of all off the weapons because it pissed me off the most.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
Valkyrie101 said:
SteinFaust said:

agh i can't stand that especially when they go prone after doing that STUPID Halo Bunny Hop thing!

character flight path:

|///^^^~__

(stand, run, jump, go prone mid air, stay prone on floor-- like they're fucking Chow-Yun-Fat or something)

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
I don't think its broken, but my standards are low, adn I don't play PC games.

Also I hate to be this guy but how many more threads like this will we see. We need a special forum section just for MW2 threads.

I can't wait for Halo Reach just so that we can replace all these threads with "What broke Halo" ones.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Valkyrie101 said:
SteinFaust said:

What, do you expect them to let them shoot you?

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
all of the above, but I'd also add in a very important thing everybody is ignoring- the hilariously inaccurate hit detection. On MANY occasions, I have found myself watching the killcam, wondering why I play this half-asssed excuse for a game, watching as my would-be-killer kills me by shooting the empty space behind me.

Oh, and the fact that IW has pretty much said "yea, the game is good as is. patches are for teh homosex"

Douchebags.