Poll: What color do you play? (A magic the gathering discussion)

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
I used to play (before the game got ridiculous/awful). Didn't have a colour preference, played combo all 'round.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I have Red in the majority of my decks. Red/Blue is my favorite combination, Izzet in particular. Red/Green is fun too. Not too crazy about R/B or Boros.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
I dont play colours I play archetypes, I look up how each one plays and then try and create my own version of it.
Currently in the middle of this process what with all the rotations coming soon, but tempered steel aggro is looking very fun.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Shakaar9267 said:
On the poll I went with Black,
However In reality I play a Black/Green Elf deck.
Pretty much this. Haven't played in a very long while though.

blasmeister

May 30, 2011
whichever colour combination's most likely to win me the tournament I'm playing in, of course!

I do like blue and red a lot though

Stoplesteimer

Jun 4, 2009
I used to have a green/white deck that was pretty kick-ass, but that was coming up on five years ago now so it's most likely ten kinds of shit nowadays.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
recently, I made a bunch of decks from my obsolete cards that I have played a few friendly games with.

one white/artifact
two blacks, but one containing 3 Prismatic Lenses and a few white cards
one Simic deck
one Green/White

my "good" set is mainly white, but I just can't resist artifacts.

also thinking of building a "grey" deck composed of black/white land/spell/ with as many artifacts crammed in as possible.

Pyrignis

May 31, 2010
I have decks in all colours, but my favourite one would be my Blue/Black/Red deck with Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. My friends hate because of the Deathbringer Thoctar/ Basilisk Collar combo.

Cuacuani

Nov 16, 2009
It's all about Red. Which other colour can claim a 3dpm (damage per mana) card? Also, the Charbelcher deck.

Black is a close second, because Suicide Black is brilliant.

y1fella

Jul 29, 2009
I'm pretty sure I started this exact thread a month ago. Oh well.
Seeing as how you ask I play white or black

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
I haven't played in a while (because 10th. ed ruined the game for me, although I'll still gladly play with anyone, who agrees to play with pre 10th. ed rules), but my favourite colours are black and blue. I voted other, because I prefer two coloured decks.

I have a blue/black artifact deck (Ornithopters FTW), a blue/white Merfolk deck, and a green/black/white Fungus deck. I don't usually like green that much but the Fungus+Saprolings thing is just too awesome to not like.

The only colour that I've never really played with is red.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Well my white deck is centered around ajani's pridemate since it has a ridiculous amount of cards that give me health, and my other main deck is a white/green artifact deck based around myr creatures that give me mana, only time I lose with my ajani deck is because the only person I play against uses infect which makes my ridiculous amounts of health null and void :(

The worst thing is, if that where I live there isn't a hobby shop within 2 hours of me, and I don't know anyone else who plays around here

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Back when I played, I usually just used which ever color had the most efficient weenie deck.

Sometimes it was White flyers, sometimes it was Green elves, sometimes it was Red Sligh, sometimes it was Black zombies.

Legless Zombie

Jul 4, 2011
I play a White / Blue control deck. I lockdown with a Vedalken mastermind + Stasis (they don't get to untap, but I do) then stall to win with Jace.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Blue and Red. Very strange combination but it works :). Blue to counter, red to kill.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
When I used to play all the time, it was red for me!

I haven't played in years and I know no one in my area that plays. Somehow I lost my deck and I'm slowly getting cards back and building my deck, for some reason.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Red. I'm a flavor-player, which means I have a theme and story to my deck. Red tends to have the most flavor- fire burn cards, big dragons, Haste, -so I go with that. A Red-Black deck is LOADS of fun, though.

The Becker

Jul 17, 2011
I usually rock the White deck mainly because it pisses people off how much i heal myself, although i use to have a mean green deck. I haven't been into magic recently i should really get back into it

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
While I use all colours, my favourite type are artefacts. I like playing around with them, metal-craft and equipment. The artefact creatures are usually interesting as well.

LoFr3Eq

Oct 15, 2008
Mostly Blue or Green, because they are the combo colours. My fav general for EDH of all time is Momir Vig, I dismantled it because nobody ever wanted to play against it.